Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The choices are slim pickins. We'll probably give him another season while upgrading our other holes and if he still can't get it done, they'll look for a replacement.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you move on from Sanchez but you have to realize that he isn't the guaranteed QBOTF.

Having Brunell and McElroy as your back ups is a joke. They need to bring in a back up that can push Sanchez. Take a QB in the mid rounds that can develop.

Santonio Holmes is overrated. They need more WR talent on the team.

Of course like others have said, fire Schotty. He's gets too cute and I don't like how he calls a game.

Its not time to give up on him. The offense has other problems. But they need to continually look at QB options available to them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to move on. He just isn't that good and isn't the QB they need to take them to the next level

they also need a new O coordinator
Old 01-02-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can't give up on him, and they won't. This is what they signed up for by investing so much in moving up for him, and he responded with 2 AFCCG appearances, even if he didn't "lead" them there. They'll overhaul the offense in the off-season in regard to both personnel and coaching and give him his "no excuses" season, because if he were cut loose and flourished under a different regime the Jets will continue to be a laughing stock, even if they were to bring in Peyton for a few years (Remember, Favre was the missing piece too).

I live in NY and have watched a ton of Sanchez, he's not very good, plain and simple. Through the first few years he was obviously propped up by the team around him and every mistake he made came with the built-in "he's learning". That being said, he really hasn't gotten worse, he just hasn't gotten better. While the team around him slowly crumbled as every team does, his mistakes became more crippling and the resulting losses made it harder to keep saying "he's learning".

In his first two years, with every mistake he made Jet fans would almost just be happy to see the defense come back on the field and want to pinch Sanchez's cheeks as he ran off the field because it was so cute how he made his little mistakes - they were up 17-3 and the other team's #1 receiver had 1 catch for 2 yards. If it were a struggling team, Sanchez's seat would've been this hot a long time ago or we'd at least already be talking about the Jets needing to replace him to go anywhere.

I don't think he goes on next year and tears it up, no matter who he plays with or is coached by, but as a professional football franchise that invested that much in that pick and has so many other problems with basically every other area of the team other than CB, you don't go replacing your 25 year old QB who is still only entering his 4th season, albeit one that is make-or-break for his future in NY.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 01-02-2012 at 02:32 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Sanchez, I really think he just hasn't been coached at all. The team is so focused on winning, and gameplanning for each game, I don't think they do much in the developmental areas. Especially at QB. Not that they've had a lot of them recently, but it seems like none of their draft picks have advanced from when they were rookies, Sanchez included.

Put Norv in there, and I think you see a completely different QB.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
With Sanchez, I really think he just hasn't been coached at all. The team is so focused on winning, and gameplanning for each game, I don't think they do much in the developmental areas. Especially at QB. Not that they've had a lot of them recently, but it seems like none of their draft picks have advanced from when they were rookies, Sanchez included.

Put Norv in there, and I think you see a completely different QB.
That's simply RIDICULOUS. Like honestly.

Kyle Wilson has gotten significantly better since last year, Kerley has been playing better, McKnight has made significant strides.

We brought in Brunell specifically to help mentor and develop Sanchez. Just like any other team we have a coach specifically for quarterbacks who doesn't really work on the gameplan, he works on DEVELOPING Sanchez.

Just because Sanchez and Ducasse haven't really panned out doesn't mean we don't develop anyone. Thats ludicrous. Is Belichick developing anyone since HIS draft picks haven't been doing anything (other than the TE's)?
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF they were smart they would let him go and go try and find a real QB.

The Jets organization as a whole is a mess and I blame Ryx Ryan and his loudmouth for that.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Stick with him. I didn't reallyl ike Sanchez to begin with, but if you take a QB with a top 5 pick and he played decent enough to take you to 2 AFC championship games, I'd give him up until his 5th year and then you'll see where you're at.

If I'm not mistaken, Peyton Manning didn't really hit it big until year 4 or 5?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
The Jets organization as a whole is a mess and I blame Ryx Ryan and his loudmouth for that.
Talk about a complete overreaction. Seriously, what the **** are you talking about?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Talk about a complete overreaction. Seriously, what the **** are you talking about?
Lets see...every time when Rex opens his mouth he makes himself look like a fool and Im sure the players are starting to get tired of it, Rex and Shotty not on same page with benching of Holmes and Rex had no idea why he wasnt out there, sticking with a horrible QB, your "star" WR bitching and acting like a little girl, players questioning each other(thought I think its mostly towards Holmes), and Bart Scott getting all pissy with the media and I believe flipped them off. Not really a control leadership atmosphere.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 01-02-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets should either get Ryan Tannehill or Landry Jones to sit behind Sanchez for one year then see how he does with some competition. If he fails again then get rid of him and if he steps it up you keep Sanchez as the starter.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Like every QB, this board blames the scheme/playmakers around them. They're all studs, it's the supporting cast..
Par for the course.

Isolate. The. Player.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should give up on him, but they can't really. To be fair to Sanchez, he deserves 1 more year to show if he's legit or not. If he's still a dud by year 4, then it's officially time to move on.

This decision really depends on who's available. Do you invest money and picks into Matt Flynn? Probably not. I rather roll the dice with Sanchez 1 more year to remove any doubt, then if he's a dud draft a qb.

If Peyton Manning is available do you make a move? I say hell yes if he's healthy.

If a qb is available in round 1 do you make a move? I can't answer that. I haven't scouted any qbs this year outside of Luck, RGIII and Barkley.

Me personally, I'm done with Sanchez. I think he is what he is, I doubt he turns the corner and becomes a great qb. But he does deserve 1 more year to prove it or disprove it.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue I have with Sanchez is...if the Jets get to the playoffs next year but Sanchez is still a lower, middle of the pack type guy it's not going to be easy to get away from him. For the Jets to be good with Sanchez everything has to be going right. It didn't this year and they weren't good. If the offensive line and running game pick it up next year the offense will look better but not because of Sanchez. I think this is the year to either hitch themselves to the Sanchez wagon or give up. I don't buy this "we'll give him one more year" type thing

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post

Kyle Wilson has gotten significantly better since last year, Kerley has been playing better, McKnight has made significant strides.

We brought in Brunell specifically to help mentor and develop Sanchez. Just like any other team we have a coach specifically for quarterbacks who doesn't really work on the gameplan, he works on DEVELOPING Sanchez.

Just because Sanchez and Ducasse haven't really panned out doesn't mean we don't develop anyone. Thats ludicrous. Is Belichick developing anyone since HIS draft picks haven't been doing anything (other than the TE's)?
He's absolutely right though when it comes to Sanchez.

Kyle Wilson this past month stunk. Bess owned him big time yesterday, which the coaches thought it would be a bright idea to have Wilson play 5 yards away from Bess before a catch.

Brian Schottenheimer, the QB coach(Covanugh?!?! sp) failed this year. Likewise Callahan did too thinking Ducasse/Hunter is capable at RT(Though its less blame with him since Rob Turner was lost way too early).

No the Jets should not move on from Sanchez. He deserves 1 more season with a new cast of coaches on the offense. And while yes as we have seen with Alex Smith/Jason Campbell and how you mess them up with new coordinators, Sanchez sadly will not have the leeway to get more than 1 year with the coordinator unless he shows significant signs of improvement. May not be fair but the window of opportunity for this roster is slowly dropping so he will have to do his best to learn on the run.

Like alot of QBs, Sanchez got shellshocked by horrible protection(That includes D'Brick who was ass in some games) and in turn made quick throws off a bad throwing motion that were off the mark. Likewise, the gameplanning by the coaches was awful. 59 throws vs NYG is a laughable gameplan, the inability to give Greene more than 15 rushes per game is a joke considering he was being dubbed "The Franchise back" and not recognizing that the Jets don't have a long term threat is awful poor hindsight largely on Tannebaum AND Schottenheimer.

Any QB who has Wayne Hunter at RT will get hurt and play fast. Likewise, as shown yesterday Matthew Mulligan is a 10 yard penalty per play and when you **** up as much as he does, these 2nd and 18 plays right into the defense and screws Sanchez as a thrower. Add the disgraceful false start penalties(Jets have not been this sloppy with penalties in years) and that is something Sanchez cannot control, no matter what snap counts he does. That's on the O-Lineman and their lack of focus.

You take Braylon Edwards, Brad Smith and Jerricho Cotchery away, have Keller be neglected for 1/2 the season for god knows what reason(Good call Schotty) and have Burress around and trying to have Sanchez force feed Burress as a means to get him involved.

Sanchez gets 1 more year. I know Jet fans may not want to hear that but Sanchez got little to no help at all this year.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 01-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well I think belichick has a far longer track record of successful drafts than anyone on the Jets staff.

And as for those draft picks who aren't doing anything

Tom Brady
Matt Light
Logan Mankins
Sebastian Vollmer
Nate Solder
Deion Branch
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez
Stevan Ridley

Vince Wilfork
Brandon Deaderick
Jerod Mayo
Brandon Spikes
Pat Chung
Devin McCourty

Pretty sure at least a few of those guys are doing stuff.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, those guys are studs. Especially the defensive players who were such a big time part of this teams success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Jets should either get Ryan Tannehill or Landry Jones to sit behind Sanchez for one year then see how he does with some competition. If he fails again then get rid of him and if he steps it up you keep Sanchez as the starter.
Nah, bring in a Jason Campbell esque guy who can legit challenge for the job. A rookie QB does no good when you have a returning McElroy who at least has some familiarity with the teammates.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yup, those guys are studs. Especially the defensive players who were such a big time part of this teams success.
Yup Vince Wilfork completely sucks, as does Mayo. I don't get why people have been giving these guys awards like all pro, pro bowl or defensive rookie of the year. Really they just suck.

Say what you want about how bad the defense has been, the good parts(with the exceptions of Carter and Anderson) were all drafted by BB

Old 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yup Vince Wilfork completely sucks, as does Mayo. I don't get why people have been giving these guys awards like all pro, pro bowl or defensive rookie of the year. Really they just suck.
I don't get it either, to tell you the truth. Especially with Mayo. If those guys are so good...why are we so bad? But Deaderick, Spikes, and McCourty are totally hot studs. Love the plays those guys make consistently. Love the way those guys run up the field so quickly after getting gashed for big yardage every other play.

My qualms with my teams ****** defense aside, I think the Jets have to give Sanchez at least another year. It's not exactly reasonable to expect him to become an elite quarterback at this point though, regardless of the personnel around him. Sanchez was actually given a damn good environment to grow in as a quarterback, especially early. Two decent receivers most of the time, a very good tight end, an effective running game with backs who are involved in the passing game, decent offensive line play....I do agree with the line of thinking that he's likely the weakest link. He's still only 25 and you spend a very high draft pick on him though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-02-2012 at 01:46 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I think belichick has a far longer track record of successful drafts than anyone on the Jets staff.

And as for those draft picks who aren't doing anything

Tom Brady
Matt Light
Logan Mankins
Sebastian Vollmer
Nate Solder
Deion Branch
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez
Stevan Ridley

Vince Wilfork
Brandon Deaderick
Jerod Mayo
Brandon Spikes
Pat Chung
Devin McCourty

Pretty sure at least a few of those guys are doing stuff.
My point was tongue in cheek. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, and people look to the Patriots as the best, or one of the best, run organizations in football.

If you're denying that the past... 5 years... have been slightly more rough on the Pats in terms of draft talent, then you're kinda deluding yourself. The Pats right now are Tom Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, and Wilfork. Gronk is their only really important player drafted in the past 5 years. You could make the argument for Mayo, and maybe Mccourty after last year, but this year he played quite poorly.

So, my point is, since Belichick has had a couple misses lately, does this mean he can't develop talent?

Sanchez sucking is more to do with Sanchez not being a great quarterback in general. 90% of the time he wouldnt be a top 10 pick, but it was a weak quarterback year, and we were desperate.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The issue I have with Sanchez is...if the Jets get to the playoffs next year but Sanchez is still a lower, middle of the pack type guy it's not going to be easy to get away from him. For the Jets to be good with Sanchez everything has to be going right. It didn't this year and they weren't good. If the offensive line and running game pick it up next year the offense will look better but not because of Sanchez. I think this is the year to either hitch themselves to the Sanchez wagon or give up. I don't buy this "we'll give him one more year" type thing
No self respecting New England fan wants Sanchez to leave the Jets.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
You take Braylon Edwards, Brad Smith and Jerricho Cotchery away, have Keller be neglected for 1/2 the season for god knows what reason(Good call Schotty) and have Burress around and trying to have Sanchez force feed Burress as a means to get him involved.
Edwards, Smith, and Cotchery didn't do anything this season, didn't Edwards just get cut? Plax had more TDs than those 3 guys combine, not bringing those guys back was the right move.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez.

If they want to have a shot at a Super Bowl, they need to move on.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point was tongue in cheek. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, and people look to the Patriots as the best, or one of the best, run organizations in football.

If you're denying that the past... 5 years... have been slightly more rough on the Pats in terms of draft talent, then you're kinda deluding yourself. The Pats right now are Tom Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, and Wilfork. Gronk is their only really important player drafted in the past 5 years. You could make the argument for Mayo, and maybe Mccourty after last year, but this year he played quite poorly.

So, my point is, since Belichick has had a couple misses lately, does this mean he can't develop talent?

Sanchez sucking is more to do with Sanchez not being a great quarterback in general. 90% of the time he wouldnt be a top 10 pick, but it was a weak quarterback year, and we were desperate.
The past 5 years have been some of the best years for the Pats in terms of drafting. The key is, aside from '07, they haven't done that great of a job finding free agents to supplement the young talent with.

Just about their entire roster is guys they drafted or UDFAs in the last 4 drafts...