Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian

Is this narrative or evaluation? Did he "take" the Jets to 2 solid playoff runs, or was he along for the ride? Why did he "take" them any more than Vince Young/Tebow "just win games"? Or any more than Grossman "took" the Bears to the Superbowl as a youngster?

Soybean, don't want to be too picky but this isn't my quote.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1004395

Well this got interesting...

“We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” said one player. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

Here's an article from E!SPN too
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"A source close to the team pointed out that Sanchez’s inability to handle mounting criticism prompted him to unfollow every Jets beat writer on Twitter earlier this season."
Hahahahahahaha

Quote:
On Dec. 28, Sanchez denied the notion that he was a victim of a high standard set by going to two AFC Championship Games in his first two seasons.

"We hold ourselves to a high standard,” Sanchez said. “I don’t want to feel like I’m a victim or anything like that. We expect to win... I don’t feel like we’ve set the bar too high. There is no way. I don’t feel like that.”

Six days later, Sanchez expressed a much different outlook.

“You go to back-to-back AFC Championship Games, and everybody thinks, ‘OK, we’ll just get a little bit better and you are winning the Super Bowl,’” Sanchez told ESPN Radio on Jan. 3. “I don’t want to make excuses at all. That’s not my style. But we’ve kind of been a victim of our own success.”

Last edited by DraftSavant : 01-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez doesn't have the mental make up of an NFL QB, at least an NFL QB in New York.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I keep saying, "charisma" only gets you so far.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This nydn.us/xnShGZ by @TheJetsStream is false. If "unnamed sources" want to attack Mark, man up and put your name to it #JETS
- Mangold twitter

Jets cyber wars. I thought Jets people said Mark was a hard worker.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are a sinking ship. This is what happens when all your coach does is yap and sets high expectations and then you fail miserably to meet them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twitterverse blowing up saying that with Sparano in NY now, good chance Henne follows him to push Sanchez. That's a winning combo right there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW I hate "unnamed sources and players" or "sources close to *insert name*".
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to write a guy off after 3 years, but its kinda hard not to. He hasn't shown any sort of improvement over 3 seasons. I understand our RT and WR situation sucked last year, but if he's our franchise qb he should have battled through the adversity.

i always liked michigan before i got accepted into penn state so im not completely against chad henne, but hes not the answer either. i have no idea what they should do, but then again im not being paid to make those decisions.

mike t, rex, and now sparano need to figure something out. my message to them:

Last edited by TimD : 01-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Sanchez doesn't have the mental make up of an NFL QB, at least an NFL QB in New York.
I don't think he's really cut to be a QB anywhere, let alone NY. The Jets don't let him do anything. Some think the Jets are too conservative, I think they are forced to do what they have to. We'll see this year. Haley will go nuts if Sanchez can't run what he wants him to if he also goes to the Jets to run their passing attack.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
BTW I hate "unnamed sources and players" or "sources close to *insert name*".
i agree. if youre going to talk ****, put your goddamn name out there too. be a man
Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I hate to write a guy off after 3 years, but its kinda hard not to. He hasn't shown any sort of improvement over 3 seasons. I understand our RT and WR situation sucked last year, but if he's our franchise qb he should have battled through the adversity.

i always liked michigan before i got accepted into penn state so im not completely against chad henne, but hes not the answer either. i have no idea what they should do, but then again im not being paid to make those decisions. mike t, rex, and now sparano need to figure something out.
Sparano approves of Marc Colombo for RT!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i agree. if youre going to talk ****, put your goddamn name out there too. be a man
People will kill anyone for anything. McElroy puts his face to a quote and people say "Who the F are you to talk"?
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Sanchez truly is lazy, I'm not surprised. He just seems to have that laid back SoCal attitude.

Yeah, I would love to know what player said it. My guess is Holmes.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is gold, hahha.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
People will kill anyone for anything. McElroy puts his face to a quote and people say "Who the F are you to talk"?
thats a good point but at least he isnt hiding. he simply said what was on his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah, I would love to know what player said it. My guess is Holmes.
yeah i agree. i could also see it being someone on defense who is sick of playing with the endzone at their backs because of sanchez..

cromartie maybe?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stupid Jet fans haha..
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
This is gold, hahha.
its pretty easy to laugh at other teams when drew brees is your qb. we cant all be so lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
stupid Jet fans haha..
thanks for your contribution to the discussion
Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
thats a good point but at least he isnt hiding. he simply said what was on his mind

yeah i agree. i could also see it being someone on defense who is sick of playing with the endzone at their backs because of sanchez..

cromartie maybe?
It wasn't Cro

Quote:
If your not for the team then get out." I think there's enough players that buy in, problem is news is never about the positive majority, it's the negative minority
- Cro
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets defense has just as much blame as Sanchez for the way the year ended.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laugh at how bi-polar the Jets are. It seems like the whole team was content with coddling Sanchez until they missed the post season. Now they want to *****.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I laugh at how bi-polar the Jets are. It seems like the whole team was content with coddling Sanchez until they missed the post season. Now they want to *****.
yeah thats a good point.

its so frustrating because there is a lot of talent in place, but the lack of player leadership and a couple HUGE weak spots completely dismantled the team over the course of the season.

losing cotchery, smith, ellis, woody, and richardson now seems like it had a major impact upon the season. i also wish they kept braylon just for the deep threat. mike t really **** the bed last offseason
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

The whole team thinks like Rex now. Good streak= "We can't be beat, we're going to win it all!", bad streak= "We suck, and won't make the playoffs!"

Maybe I'm laughing because Rex annoys me so much.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what happens Rex. This is what happens when you massage egos, tell guys they are better than they really are, take away all player accountability by always taking the blame yourself, gassing up players who need a kick in the pants, and getting a bunch of lockerroom cancers bc you think everyone wants to play for you and will be on good behavior for you.

This is what happens.

The Jets are falling apart, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. And it's very clear to me that Sanchez needs to go. He sucks. I'm done with him.

He'll get next year to prove himself, but he won't succeed. He'll get cut after next year, and who knows what happens with Rex. This ship is sinking fast.

Rex might not survive 2012 if this continues.