Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much what BBD just said. Plus the Jets cap situation right now isn't going to allow them to do much in the off season either. As a Pats fan however I am content with seeing Sanchez start for the Jets another season. I think he's the only QB this season that didn't man handle our porous pass defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1004395

Well this got interesting...

We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice, said one player. Hes lazy and content because he knows hes not going to be benched.

Here's an article from E!SPN too
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning
Greg McElroy REALLY wants this job doesn't he....yes I am blaming him. People gonna be cowards and be unnamed players, I like to guess. I BLAM U MCELROY!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say no; there aren't many single, good-looking quarterbacks in the NFL and this really isn't the time for the Jets to get picky. when the rex ryan foot fetish story came out i thought, what better way to connect with the fans on a personal level than to release a sanchez and rex ryan's wife foot fetish sex tape filmed with rex's commentary; they could have sanchez come into the locker room all sweaty and take his pants off while they pan down and show his dirty feet, then you see in the background rex's wife fondling herself while she looks onward. she comes out and starts sucking on mark's toes and they eventually assume a toe 69 position where they engage in a mutual masturbation session which culiminates in mark ejaculating all over the back of her ankles.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Greg McElroy REALLY wants this job doesn't he....yes I am blaming him. People gonna be cowards and be unnamed players, I like to guess. I BLAM U MCELROY!
Not sure if it is McElroy, but Derek Mason was right when he said that locker room was a cluster you-know-what.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Plax, Mason, and Santonio all went up to Rex to complain, I think they were all complaining about Sanchez, not Schotty. Just a hunch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Plax is one of the unnamed sources. And Bart Scott. I think some of those guys were defenders, bc they have no allegiance to Sanchez.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray, the Jets finally did what I'd been asking for years, they got rid of Brian Scottenheimer. I wonder if I should return to NFLDC to finally talk about the Jets and the rest of the NFL with intell.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
stupid Jet fans haha..
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
i say no; there aren't many single, good-looking quarterbacks in the NFL and this really isn't the time for the Jets to get picky. when the rex ryan foot fetish story came out i thought, what better way to connect with the fans on a personal level than to release a sanchez and rex ryan's wife foot fetish sex tape filmed with rex's commentary; they could have sanchez come into the locker room all sweaty and take his pants off while they pan down and show his dirty feet, then you see in the background rex's wife fondling herself while she looks onward. she comes out and starts sucking on mark's toes and they eventually assume a toe 69 position where they engage in a mutual masturbation session which culiminates in mark ejaculating all over the back of her ankles.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes.

No point in him being an NFL QB. He never was good, he got carried by an elite defense, ala Joe Flacco. Then again, doesn't hurt my feelings at all seeing the Jets dissolve.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When Plax, Mason, and Santonio all went up to Rex to complain, I think they were all complaining about Sanchez, not Schotty. Just a hunch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Plax is one of the unnamed sources. And Bart Scott. I think some of those guys were defenders, bc they have no allegiance to Sanchez.
I am almost 100 percent sure that Holmes hated Schotty.

Anyways

Quote:
"It was saying he was lazy, didn’t put the work in, felt complacent, and I think it couldn’t be more further from the truth," Mangold said. "The guy puts in more work and more time, cares more about the team than I think anybody else in that locker room. And for somebody to come out and say that, and not put their name behind it, really bothered me."
- Mangold

Last edited by Complex : 01-11-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Sanchez has a good amount of potential. Maybe with better coaching he can thrive.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
I agree for the same reason.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plax, Holmes, and LT have all played with HOF QBs for most of their careers (yes, Eli too) and are expecting the same from Sanchez. He's not played at that level but he hasn't been near horrible either. Rex and Tannenbaum ought to recognize that he's he's one of their few draft picks that has panned out. If the rest of the squad doesn't get any better, he'll just get pushed out of town and play well for another playoff contender. They ought to just go for Manning and trade him now.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you say not near horrible, are you trying to speak about some other QB not named Mark Sanchez? Because if not I'm lost on what you take the words "not near horrible" to mean if youre using them to describe a near horrible QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Pretty much what BBD just said. Plus the Jets cap situation right now isn't going to allow them to do much in the off season either. As a Pats fan however I am content with seeing Sanchez start for the Jets another season. I think he's the only QB this season that didn't man handle our porous pass defense.
Yes but that is because he was working with Brian Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer is known for not designing routes that get WRs open, not gameplanning plays that work, and never calling (sorry, dialing) up the right play. Addition by subtraction for Sanchez, who probably received +10 to his attributes immediately after Schottenheimer left.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Yes but that is because he was working with Brian Schottenheimer. Schottenheimer is known for not designing routes that get WRs open, not gameplanning plays that work, and never calling (sorry, dialing) up the right play. Addition by subtraction for Sanchez, who probably received +10 to his attributes immediately after Schottenheimer left.
Please stop protecting Sanchize with Schotty. A good QB makes things work. He doesn't. Playcalling in the NFL only is so much of the problem.

Look at Pittsburgh and even Baltimore. Awful OCs yet Ben and to a lesser degree Flacco still get it done.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only question when thinking of 'should x get rid of y' usually is can you get someone better? or I guess would it drastically help the cap situation so you can get a far superior player.

With the QBs coming on the market that at least have a chance to hit the market.

Chad Henne
Matt Flynn
Jason Campbell
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Orton
Shaun Hill
Drew Stanton

There is no consistency issue in fact Chad Henne may be more in tune with the Jets new offense than Sanchez so which QB do you choose?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Shoetenheimer was a main factor in the success at improving Drew Brees in his last 2 years in San Diego.

I don't think Shotty was the problem.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
The only question when thinking of 'should x get rid of y' usually is can you get someone better? or I guess would it drastically help the cap situation so you can get a far superior player.

With the QBs coming on the market that at least have a chance to hit the market.

Chad Henne
Matt Flynn
Jason Campbell
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Orton
Shaun Hill
Drew Stanton

There is no consistency issue in fact Chad Henne may be more in tune with the Jets new offense than Sanchez so which QB do you choose?
Henne, Flynn and Campbell are all improvements over Sanchez or would at least add competition. If i was the Jets i would be making sure i get one of these guys or draft a guy like Tannehill in April.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Shoetenheimer was a main factor in the success at improving Drew Brees in his last 2 years in San Diego.

I don't think Shotty was the problem.
yeah brees has really struggled without him...

how do we know shotty was responsible for his improvement? where was this magic with sanchez?

sanchez has dissappointed, but watching that offense i cant help but feel like its very poorly designed. it just seems like no one is ever really getting open and that nothing is really adjusted to situations and personnel. cant really explain what it is im seeing, but it just doesnt look like its all working.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is what happens Rex. This is what happens when you massage egos, tell guys they are better than they really are, take away all player accountability by always taking the blame yourself, gassing up players who need a kick in the pants, and getting a bunch of lockerroom cancers bc you think everyone wants to play for you and will be on good behavior for you.

This is what happens.

The Jets are falling apart, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. And it's very clear to me that Sanchez needs to go. He sucks. I'm done with him.

He'll get next year to prove himself, but he won't succeed. He'll get cut after next year, and who knows what happens with Rex. This ship is sinking fast.

Rex might not survive 2012 if this continues.
I'm sorry, but this is a massive overreaction.

I mean, we were 8-8. After back to back AFC championship appearances, an 8-8 season gets Rex on the hot seat?

As for Sanchez, I don't see him improving next year either, but there should never be a close game where he is throwing 50+ times. Ever. So I think he will be able to hide a little better.

As for the Jets locker room falling apart, we have one unnamed source bashing Sanchez. Let's not rush to judgment, here.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets have mediocre to poor offensive talent and a bad qb. Schotty wasn't good, but he didn't have much to work with. Scheme is important, but it ultimately comes down to the players and the Jets aren't very talented on offense.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no throws deep. Any coordinator will want to take his shots, even just a few times. I don't think they can with Sanchez. Remember that color coordinated system they devised for him a few years ago. You think any coach wants to do that? Of course not. They are forced to. Next year is Sanchez's year. If Haley comes, he won't stand for the hand holding BS.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
The Jets have mediocre to poor offensive talent and a bad qb. Schotty wasn't good, but he didn't have much to work with. Scheme is important, but it ultimately comes down to the players and the Jets aren't very talented on offense.
And they are slowly getting less talented on defense, without any promising young players to take over. Their last few drafts have been very poor.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets are expected to "scale back the playbook" and focus on a ground-and-pound offensive approach under new coach Tony Sparano.
Sources tell ESPN New York that outgoing OC Brian Schottenheimer ran a "high-volume offense" that overwhelmed Mark Sanchez. Sparano is expected to run a simplified version with increased two-tight end sets.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ge-performance

I guess all the two man route concepts were overwhelming.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post

Jesus Christ. A lab rat will be able to run that new offense then. They'll never win with him. It was a minor miracle they get to 2 championship games with him.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post

I don't even...

If I didn't see the link I'd think that was an Onion article.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote