Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
That photo is shown in every Alshon thread lol

Is there anyway he slips to the 2nd round? Do you think Kendall Wright has or will pass him on peoples boards?
Despite his bowl game, if the conditioning issues turn out to be true, and he shows up and tests at the Combine as flabby and slow, probably. While I'm not expecting a spectacular combine showing by Alshon, I don't expect him to do too poorly either. I think he'll test as you think a wide receiver of his size will test.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the rams I would trade the 2nd to some team in the top 8 maybe 10. Get a couple of draft picks and select DeCastro and use a 2nd on Jeffery if he falls.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being the one who posted the pic, I'll say this...

I really like Jeffery. I don't think his conditioning is a big issue. Unfortunately, it shows, at least in some ways, a lesser degree of dedication to the "little things" that separates many of the good NFL players from the great NFL players.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I genuinely dislike you. All thats showing right now is a rookie who had no offseason, an injury, didn't get the playbook until after the lockout and started his preseason/minicamp during the middle/backend of the regular season. He has had plays with perfect coverage in man where he is more comfortable as of now, and an example is against the Jets when he covered Plax before he pushed off by fully extending his arm (which was called back because of obvious offensive pass interference) otherwise it would've been a pick. Also against Green Bay when he was called for a PI against greg jennings which was a bad call. He's had very good plays and very bad plays where he looks like he doesn't know what he's doing...PROBABLY BECAUSE HE REALLY DOESNT.

Prince most likely doesn't know his assignments well, and if he doesn't know his assignments well enough he can't react as well as he should. Cornerback is the hardest position to transition to from college to NFL. You can change an offense for a QB, simplify it so that they can thrive (ex: Cam, Dalton, Tebow) but you can't always do the same for a cornerback. As far as reaction, a cornerback can't go 100% unless they know exactly what they are supposed to do, if they don't do their assignment right, then it can be worse than them being timid and playing reserved (like Prince played versus the Redskins). He needs to find his groove, learn the defense, and get some experience.

My god, some of your posts and threads are good and inspire talk that make sense, but these comments about JPP and Prince specifically bother me because you say you've seen all of their plays (JPP) and declare a player overrated without reasoning.
You know he's only saying that cuz they play for NYG.

Also, Idk I'm a little on the fence about Jeffrey. I think he can be real good...or just crash and burn. I hope he beasts but my goodness....can you look any more out of shape(in the pic) lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon's forty time is one thing. He's not a burner, but maybe he gets in shape and runs a respectable time for his size. He is not a quick guy. He moves like a tight end and is basically the size of one. Not gonna play tight end at the next level, not fast enough to get off of the line against defensive backs in the NFL. He can go up and get the ball as well as anyone, could be a great redzone threat at the very least. I think those issues could definitely warrant red flags and cause him to drop like a rock - especially since he didn't put up the Madden type numbers he put up in 2009 and 2010.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Alshon's forty time is one thing. He's not a burner, but maybe he gets in shape and runs a respectable time for his size. He is not a quick guy. He moves like a tight end and is basically the size of one. Not gonna play tight end at the next level, not fast enough to get off of the line against defensive backs in the NFL. He can go up and get the ball as well as anyone, could be a great redzone threat at the very least. I think those issues could definitely warrant red flags and cause him to drop like a rock - especially since he didn't put up the Madden type numbers he put up in 2009 and 2010.
I don't see how his short area quickness is any worse than Floyd's.