Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Which guys do you like as starters, whether immediately or down the road?
Andrew Luck 40 90.91%
Robert Griffin 38 86.36%
Ryan Tannehill 18 40.91%
Landry Jones 11 25.00%
Nick Foles 8 18.18%
Russell Wilson 10 22.73%
Brandon Weeden 15 34.09%
Ryan Lindley 3 6.82%
Kellen Moore 4 9.09%
Kirk Cousins 7 15.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which QB's Do You See As Potential Starters?

I'm curious to see which of the QBs will show up in a poll that lets you pick multiple players. For example, I just simply think Landry Jones is not going to be a viable NFL player. But while I do like Russell Wilson, I still, at this point, would not take him before the 4th round because of how I perceive his draft stock. I think Landry Jones' value is still in the mid-late first or second round, but personally, I'd just rather pick another player; i.e., I will not be selecting Landry Jones in this poll. There's guys whose draft value you can acknowledge without wanting to pick them, and there are guys who you think will be bargains. So this is kind of a "which first rounders should go in the first, and which day two-middle rounders do you really like...too."

We'll see if this works. Might not.

and NOTICE: I left it anonymous so the Kellen Moore fanboys could show themselves without getting flamed. DO NOT BE AFRAID.

EDIT (again): This isn't asking for franchise QBs, but even guys who you think teams could turn to at some point and at least give a year or two or a few of the "so-and-so is our starter" treatment.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-03-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted for Luck, RG3 & Tannehill. I'm the most worried about Tannehill but I could definitely see him as one of those guys that a team uses for multiple years, even if they're constantly unsure of him. Similar to Mark Sanchez or even like Romo.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha... I know what you mean. A guy who every year you're asking, "Is this the year he turns the corner?" But is starting all the while, and probably finishing the season with a good-enough looking stat sheet and enough wins to warrant giving him another.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to watch more Foles and Lindley.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I need to watch some Lindley for sure, but I've just never been real impressed with Foles. A lot like Landry Jones to me. Lot of the same issues, except Foles is less athletic.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Hahaha! As soon as I edit the OP someone gives Kellen Moore a vote.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
WT01
Rookie

WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only Luck and Griffin. Tannehill certainly has a ton of potential, but he's got a long ways to go. Never have been a fan of Jones. I do need to watch more Lindley and Cousins though. Don't see a lot of positives in Foles' game. Can't see Wilson or Moore doing anything more than being backups.

Luck's the only pro-ready QB in this draft, IMO. Even Griffin needs some work.
WT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck & Griffin. That's it.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Old 01-03-2012, 04:32 AM    (permalink
deepthoughtlife
Rookie

deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Luck and Weeden. Luck for obvious reasons; he is so good it is perplexing he isn't perfect. Weeden has the arm, and the accuracy, and the mechanics to be an excellent QB. His decision making isn't bad. If he weren't so old (27, same as Alex Smith), he would be a great prospect. I don't think he is going to have a long career as a starter, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he started for half a decade, and did quite well. I project him being top 15 in the league for a few years.

I didn't pick any of the rest of them because either I haven't finished preliminary assessment (Tannehill, Cousins), or I grade them poorly. Of the people in your poll, I think the best of the rest is probably Lindley*, and I see him as a Jon Kitna type. Good arm, mediocre accuracy, below average decision making, but is capable of making big plays. In the right system, he might put up good yardage, and even touchdowns, but would kill a lot of drives due to his own failings.

Foles, Landry, Wilson, and Moore do not impress me in any way, shape, or form. If I had to order them, Landry = Wilson > Moore > (Keenum**) > (Random Starting Senior QB***) > Foles

I consider Griffin a big project, who apparently won't be given the opportunity to learn from the bench; he has a lot of potential, I just don't think it will be properly fulfilled*.

*Griffin obviously has a lot more potential than Lindley. This is just a gut feeling.

**I haven't scouted Keenum.

***A slight exaggeration. In reality (Random Starting Senior QB) = Foles
deepthoughtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone but Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore are potential QB1. That being said, things would have to fall just right for a couple of players.

Try this again and ask which will be their team's top QB in 5 years.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got:

Luck - obviously

RGIII - May need some work before he is fully ready but I imagine whoever selects him will have him out their day one. He won't be 100% ready but he won't struggle into mediocrity either.

Weeden - Won't be a high round pick but I imagine somewhere in the third he will get picked up and is probably a plug and play guy for a team that misses out in the first. Will only be a blanket type because of his age but could excel over a short career

Guys worth some mention:

Tannehill - will probably get his shot to start at some point but a lot depends on his development. I didn't pick him because he could really go either way.

Landry Jones - will get his chance to start but I think he flounders into what will be mediocrity at best. Ends up as a back up/journey man type.

Kellen Moore - will be slotted as a back up but some team playing him in limited use will either A. be able to get some trade value out of him for a team looking for a QB or B. Convince themselves that he can be their guy and give him a shot. Doubt much comes of either but he will hold some intrigue with teams.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 01-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore is gonna land on a team near the top some where in the top of round 3 / 4 I think. He will improve very much at the senior bowl I think .

Luck and RG3 will be come starters in time depending on where they land and how they are developed into the system they are in.

Weeden I think has a good chance if given the right time and place . He could be a very QB with the right system and coach to keep him in land and use his arm strength Pot.

The rest of the crop of QB 's I'm not too fond of my self. Jones , Tannehill , Lindley , Wilson could land a solid back up spot and maybe work there way into a starting gig down the road.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote