Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Hall of Famers

Tim Brown WR
Cris Carter WR
Andre Reed WR
Cortez Kennedy DT
Charles Haley DE/OLB

Bill Parcells Coach
Eddie DeBartolo JR. Owner
Aeneas Williams DB
Jerome Bettis RB
Curtis Martin RB

Dermonti Dawson C
Willie Roaf OT
Will Shields OG
Chris Doleman DE
Kevin Greene DE/OLB

Just Announced on NFL Network

Edit: Here are the 2 senior candidates to finlalize the list
Jack Butler CB
Dick Stanfel OG

The Official Link:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...012-finalists/

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 01-07-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roaf and Shields!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 01-07-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haley and DeBarotlo are still in the mix. Oh yeah.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmy Brown!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have a hard time arguing against any single one of those listed.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said a couple of months ago, this year's class could be really interesting because there isn't necessarily a slam dunk guy going in there. Peter King brought this point up and I kind of agree. I really hope either Haley or DeBartolo gets in. And I also hope Cris Carter finally gets in. It's about time. He's waited long enough.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They better put a WR in this year because the next few years gets very, very tough. Whatever 10 names don't get elected (and its almost certain the max of 5 modern era will get the vote) may have to wait a few more years when you see the list of slam dunk first-year eligibles in 2013-16.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Aeneas Williams is the only guy who I'm "eehhhh" about on that list. And he was ******* good for a long time.

Honestly, I'd want Roaf, Shields, Dawson, Greene, and Doleman to get in out of that group of candidates. Yeah...linemen and pass rushers... Sue me. That's possibly the Best G, Best T, and Best C of all-time along with the #3 and #4 pass rushers of all-time.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want both Shields and Roaf to go in the same year, but I having a feeling one of them will be left out.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Cris Carter to make it but now he annoys the **** out of me on ESPN so let him suffer more.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I want both Shields and Roaf to go in the same year, but I having a feeling one of them will be left out.
I think Roaf and Dawson make it this year while Shields will have to contend with Ogden and Larry Allen next year, both of whom I consider 1st ballot locks. My guess is Shields will have a better chance of being elected in 2014. Orlando Pace and Walter Jones will be on the ballot in 2015.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Terrell Davis shouldn't make it to the HoF but he should definitely be a finalist...
Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Greene far surpassed what pass-rushing OLBers typically have to do to get into the HoF.

Doleman is a different case, because he's being compared to DEs. Reggie White and Bruce Smith are light-years beyond what anybody else has reached from that position (They're both about 25 sacks beyond Deacon Jones's unofficial total of 173.5, during the 14 game era), so voters are inclined to downgrade DEs who don't live up to that insane standard. Nevertheless, they let Richard Dent in last year and I would put Dent and Doleman in the same tier.

Last edited by WCH : 01-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate that Bettis and Martin are gonna make it eventually. Great players but not HoF elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parcells is a lock.
How many times can you snub Cris Carter??
Roaf probably goes in this time.

Kevin Greene should be automatic but I doubt it.
Maybe either Bettis or Martin gets in.

The rest are crap shoots.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

*bumpity bump*

Announced LIVE on NFL Network at 5.30pm EST

latest 'buzz' on the election from Peter King SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...iew/index.html

Ten Hall of Fame thoughts on the eve of the vote for the Class of 2012, which is scheduled for 9 a.m. Saturday in downtown Indianapolis:

1. Momentum building for Eddie DeBartolo, who has had some heavy-hitters, including former Niner exec Carmen Policy, campaigning hard for him. It'll be interesting to see if being the most beloved owner by his players carries a lot of weight. DeBartolo didn't do as much for the league as a whole as a Bob Kraft, Art Modell or Dan Rooney, but he did run a great team for a long time.

2. Bill Parcells probably should be a favorite to make it (10th all-time in wins, two Super Bowl wins, took four franchises to the playoffs), but you never know how much momentum new guys will have in the room among the 44 voters. Some of the voters aren't fond of the prickly Parcells, but he does have more wins than the four coaches - Marv Levy, George Allen, John Madden and Hank Stram - who've been enshrined since 2000, and none of them have more Super Bowl rings than Parcells.

3. Maybe I'm naive, but I think this is the year the wide receiver logjam gets broken. I see Andre Reed getting in, though I believe Cris Carter is more deserving.

4. No locks in an off year for the Hall, but Steelers center Dermontti Dawson looks like the leader in the clubhouse to me.

5. Next man up, after Dawson? Charles Haley looks like he could be this year's Richard Dent - the guy who was close for a long time and finally got in, in part because voters are trying to make sure they don't perpetuate the mistake of the past by electing far more offensive players than defensive.

6. Next: Willie Roaf, Curtis Martin (who seems to have more momentum than Jerome Bettis). After that, it?s totally jumbled. Parcells would be my best guess.

7. I still think Cortez Kennedy and Kevin Greene, who've been lost in the shuffle over the years, are very strong candidates and would be deserving selections.

8. Interesting class of 2013 candidates could make this a must year for some of the bubble candidates. Michael Strahan, Jonathan Ogden and Warren Sapp come up for election next year.

9. I could see the five modern-era slots yield fewer than five Hall of Famers. The way the voting works is each of the five finalists is voted on in secret ballot by the 44 Hall selectors. If 80 percent of the voters say yes for a candidate, he's in. Less than 80, he?s out. So nine 'no' votes on a finalist scuttles him.

10. I expect a long meeting. Seven hours, maybe. NFL Network airs the results live at 5:30 p.m., and you'll know when I do. We walk out of the room not knowing which of the five modern-era finalists and two Seniors candidates make it.

Prediction:

Dawson
Roaf
Martin
Reed
Kennedy
* Stanfel
* Butler

* - seniors nominee
Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...t=hall+of+fame

This was from a while back (August) but at the time I picked

Roaf
Dawson
Doleman
Martin
Kennedy

I'm sure I'll be wrong (Bill Parcells as a first ballot is a joke), but I'll stick with my picks for now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...t=hall+of+fame

This was from a while back (August) but at the time I picked

Roaf
Dawson
Doleman
Martin
Kennedy

I'm sure I'll be wrong (Bill Parcells as a first ballot is a joke), but I'll stick with my picks for now.
Curtis Martin getting in before Cris Carter is a much much bigger joke.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-04-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's go Willie Roaf AND Will Shields
Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Funny how all the writers have their steak and eggs and eating this nice breakfast while the ballot is right next to the plate in the voting room. Maybe that is what Carter is always getting shafting. Everyone keep spilling coffee on the ballot.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Damnit. Eddie DeBartolo didn't make it.

At least Haley and Carter are still in the mix.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Shields got screwed 14 consecutive Pro Bowls can't get you into final 10?JOKE
Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Eddie DeBartalo, Kevin Greene and Will Shields have missed the cut from 15 to 10.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Reed and Carter are still in the top ten. Peter King may have been right. The logjam at receiver this year is finally starting to break up a little. Although Tim Brown has to wait another year.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Will Shields got screwed 14 consecutive Pro Bowls can't get you into final 10?JOKE
Shields will make it to Canton but Dawson and Roaf are just as deserving and have been on the ballot longer. Randall McDaniel was elected on his 3rd attempt. There was no way all 3 Offensive linemen were going to be elected in a max class of 5 modern era candidates.
Closed Thread