Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers played him like he was a "wildcat 'QB'" and now regret it. I'm not saying you need to respect him the same way you would an elite QB, but at least play a half decent safety over the top. At least.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Interestingly enough, there wasn't a lot of sharp action against Denver this week. They're professional betters for a reason.

Vegas is happy as ****, because you know the squares bet big on Pittsburgh.
No half reasonable person would have touched that game. Roethlisberger hurt and your other starter at safety is out because he might die if he played... that's a mess waiting to happen.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
What was the betting line for the game?
Depends on the book, but I caught it at Steelers -8.5.

I was telling my boss about how bad of a matchup this was for Denver. How the man corners for Pitt would allow them to easily play man coverage with no safety help, allow Polamalu to spy on Tebow both in the running game and with the pass, and crush the running game. I predicted a total blowout in this game.

When I saw the final, I looked at myself in the mirror and vowed that I would never ever again doubt the almighty Tebow.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post

I was telling my boss about how bad of a matchup this was for Denver. How the man corners for Pitt would allow them to easily play man coverage with no safety help, allow Polamalu to spy on Tebow both in the running game and with the pass, and crush the running game. I predicted a total blowout in this game.

When I saw the final, I looked at myself in the mirror and vowed that I would never ever again doubt the almighty Tebow.
I hope your boss did not take your advice.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post

Tebow forgives you. He will not turn away any who wish to cast aside their old ways and embrace truth and love and #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tebow and his passion. The guy is a freaking incredible leader with good morals and he's just a nice guy. I root for him everytime he steps out on the field save LSU, Saints, and Colts, but I'm his biggest skeptic. Dude can't keep this up. Give it this offseason for teams to watch tape on him and his stuff won't work. I hope to God I'm wrong.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I love Tebow and his passion. The guy is a freaking incredible leader with good morals and he's just a nice guy. I root for him everytime he steps out on the field save LSU, Saints, and Colts, but I'm his biggest skeptic. Dude can't keep this up. Give it this offseason for teams to watch tape on him and his stuff won't work. I hope to God I'm wrong.
I dunno...seems kinda preachy to me...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you know...Matthew 10:22
Haha

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Well you know...Matthew 10:22
Haha
I'm not familiar, but I do know Tim 316:2
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as if i needed another reason to love tebow, he goes and beats the steelers in dramatic kick ass fashion.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not watch the game. Were his completions good ones or were they slants that the receiver took for big YAC?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did not watch the game. Were his completions good ones or were they slants that the receiver took for big YAC?
It ended with that but he had a lot of rollout passes that were deep. Pretty? No. Good? Debateable.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
316 yards passing.

As in John 3:16

What...what?
Stop it. I'm scared.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of them were deep basket tosses that he laid in perfectly between the numbers. The 80 yd game winning td to Demaryius was a deep post that he struck absolutely perfectly on where Thomas didn't break stride at all and he just housed it after completely ******** on Ike Taylor with a stiff arm.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
The throws were over the top of a defense that literally had 11 in the box. They were legit, but the defense basically gave it to him. It was the single stupidest (most arrogant) way to play him.

They were basically playing him like a wildcat "QB".

It was an amazing game.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I'm not familiar, but I do know Tim 316:2
2nd Tim 41:23
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The throws were over the top of a defense that literally had 11 in the box. They were legit, but the defense basically gave it to him. It was the single stupidest (most arrogant) way to play him.

They were basically playing him like a wildcat "QB".

It was an amazing game.
What's stupid is everyone being monday morning quarterbacks every time the Broncos win. When they weren't loading the box, everyone would say "noo, you gotta beat them by stacking the box and manning up on the corners!!!!1111". Now that he exposed that style of defense with the over the top passes, everyone is gonna say that the best way to play him is to keep safety help over the top to cover the deep pass.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's safe to say now that the way not to play him is bringing everyone up in the box, and then not even try to rush him. Half the time it looked like the Steelers D was just standing there like they were playing contain, but then completely failing to contain.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was one of my favorite games in recent memory.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What's stupid is everyone being monday morning quarterbacks every time the Broncos win. When they weren't loading the box, everyone would say "noo, you gotta beat them by stacking the box and manning up on the corners!!!!1111". Now that he exposed that style of defense with the over the top passes, everyone is gonna say that the best way to play him is to keep safety help over the top to cover the deep pass.
The best way to beat Denver is to repent. Big Ben is a rapist, or at least a deviant, and he lost. Tom Brady has a child out of wedlock, he will lose. Ray Lewis killed a guy, and will lose. And from the NFC, the saints and 9ers are from new Orleans and San Fran... might as well be Vegas. The packers rejected the return of their prodigal son.

The only hope is the Giants. They can beat Tebow.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got lucky; he threw a couple nice deep balls.

He still sucks monkey dick as a passer. He still had a few "Oh my god, where was he throwing that?" passes. He still completed fewer than half his passes. He didn't deal with any pass rush all day long, because Pittsburgh were w/o three of their best players up front most of the day.

I'll give him credit for playing his best game of the year so far, but this one performance doesn't change anything. If anything, it screws the Broncos, because now they'll be forced to go with this guy next season, when they will absolutely pay for the fraudulent season they're putting together right now.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

His throws were lucky? I'll keep that in mind next time I see the mind blowing luck of Aaron Rodgers as he throws strikes down the field.

Can we talk about the luck of Matthew Stafford last night throwing ducks that Calvin magically came up with?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
He still sucks monkey dick as a passer. He still had a few "Oh my god, where was he throwing that?" passes. He still completed fewer than half his passes. He didn't deal with any pass rush all day long, because Pittsburgh were w/o three of their best players up front most of the day.
I don't really feel it's fair to criticize the guy for only completing half his passes. Most of his passes were deep throws and very few QBs would complete half their passes if they were throwing down the field like that.

I am still fairly certain Mangini is right. Play solid coverage (mix cover 1 and cover 2 on the backend and not 0 dog blitzes every down lol) across the board, accept that he will get some runs on you, but contain and be disciplined in your rush. Force him to sustain drives by making intermediate throws. He didn't do that in this game or any other yet. Play him like a young QB and not like a wildcat QB or Peyton Manning.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver's offense has been pretty terrible under Tebow. One game doesn't mean the way defenses have been playing them needs to be thrown away. Pittsburgh's secondary was abysmal and not up to what LeBeau was asking them to do, but the Steeler's complete lack of any pass rush was the biggest issue. Tebow has awful pocket awareness and is terrible under pressure, playing strictly contain against him makes little sense, especially when Denver's gaudy run numbers haven't always translated into points.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
His throws were lucky? I'll keep that in mind next time I see the mind blowing luck of Aaron Rodgers as he throws strikes down the field.

Can we talk about the luck of Matthew Stafford last night throwing ducks that Calvin magically came up with?
By lucky I mean he made passes he wouldn't normally make.

I didn't get the chance to see the Lions' game last night, but I can tell you Matthew Stafford is about 1000x the passer Tebow is.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote