Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bobcats have rarely had high picks in the draft. It's hard for an expansion team to compete when you don't get high picks. I actually think MJ wanted them to tank so they could get the top pick. Being average for a number of years isn't going to help much. No one wants to end up like the Rockets.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a lottery conspiracy theorist, I can't see any way that Brooklyn doesn't wind up in the top 3 and keep their pick. my predicted top 3 would be...

1. Charlotte
2. Cleveland
3. Brooklyn

but it wouldn't shock me to see the Nets pick 1st. Davis in Brooklyn in their first year is a story the NBA would probably love to see.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the Kings to end up with the worst possible pick they can get.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, a draft lottery special without any anxiety. I can just get drunk and laugh at the Bobcats and Nets getting **** on.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Anyone but Charlotte.
Exactly what David Stern is saying too.

As much as I hate to say it, I fully expect Brooklyn to get the #1 pick tonight.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
as a lottery conspiracy theorist, I can't see any way that Brooklyn doesn't wind up in the top 3 and keep their pick. my predicted top 3 would be...

1. Charlotte
2. Cleveland
3. Brooklyn

but it wouldn't shock me to see the Nets pick 1st. Davis in Brooklyn in their first year is a story the NBA would probably love to see.
No chance Charlotte picks first. They're still way too far way from getting anywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I JUST WANT TO KEEP OUR PICK
idk, just make D-Will stay. Please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I JUST WANT TO KEEP OUR PICK
idk, just make D-Will stay. Please?
he's not going anywhere and I'm pretty damn confident about it
Old 05-30-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Portland
2. Portland
3. Charlotte

I'd be shocked if this didn't happen. I'd also be shocked if this happened and whoever the Bobcats draft isn't a top 5 player in the league haha.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The minute Anthony Davis gets drafted, he becomes 1st team All-Ugly Team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
1. Portland
2. Portland
3. Charlotte

I'd be shocked if this didn't happen. I'd also be shocked if this happened and whoever the Bobcats draft isn't a top 5 player in the league haha.
That'd suck because Portland doesn't need a PF. I'm rooting for the Bobcats to win it.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Davis could play center with Aldridge at PF. I'm bummed there isn't a blue-chip guy at the point. It and center are the only positions we need.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Davis is definitely #1. Doesn't matter who is picking.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Gilbert I think is doing the Cavs' lotto again tn......so that pretty much ====s Cavs at #1...unless his ****** magic wore off from last year :/
Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK it willl be tough to not give a 15 year old with a nerve disorder the #1 pick.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Davis could play center with Aldridge at PF. I'm bummed there isn't a blue-chip guy at the point. It and center are the only positions we need.
Point and center are the keys to an NBA team. So you guys are almost there at winning the title.

It's a goddamn shame that Oden has bones made of glass. Dude should have been a beast and Portland would be sitting pretty right now.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Point and center are the keys to an NBA team. So you guys are almost there at winning the title.

It's a goddamn shame that Oden has bones made of glass. Dude should have been a beast and Portland would be sitting pretty right now.
Yeah that does suck for Portland Roy,Aldridge,Oden would be a unreal big 3.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if the Nets do land in the top 3 and are able to keep their pick and not have Portland receive it, that pick will promptly be traded in a package to Orlando for Dwight. I'm confident in saying that Brooklyn will not have a pick in the lottery this year. It'll either belong to Portland or Orlando.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
1. Portland
2. Portland
3. Charlotte

one of those picks that belongs to Portland goes back to Brooklyn if it's in the top 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Even if the Nets do land in the top 3 and are able to keep their pick and not have Portland receive it, that pick will promptly be traded in a package to Orlando for Dwight. I'm confident in saying that Brooklyn will not have a pick in the lottery this year. It'll either belong to Portland or Orlando.
I believe this as well, unless it's #1. Williams, Brooks, Wallace, Davis, Lopez is formidable and saves your depth. if it's someone like Beal or MKG, then I expect the trade to be Lottery Player + Brooks + Lopez + future pick(s) for Dwight
Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

So how does it work? Top 3 protection or number one pick protection?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

its a top 3 protected pick
Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Oh ok, well in that case I could very well see that being the top 3. Also, I don't agree about those being keys to winning a title together(point and center). Although it would be hard to argue with saying you need at least one of those.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
, then I expect the trade to be Lottery Player + Brooks + Lopez + future pick(s) for Dwight
Salary doesn't add up for Dwight. Would need Gerald Wallace.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Salary doesn't add up for Dwight. Would need Gerald Wallace.
that's an absolutely absurd asking price. Nets have tons of cap space right now, plus Lopez is going to have to get paid more than his 3mil
Old 05-30-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That'd suck because Portland doesn't need a PF. I'm rooting for the Bobcats to win it.
Why root for them? It's not like they have a fanbase, a decent owner, a decent supporting cast, a good coach, a good GM, etc. They have nothing, and giving them Davis won't transform a team like it would so many others.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote