Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One smaller school player I have liked is Deonte Burton. The kid could play in the next level.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nbadraft.net/players/arnett-moultrie

Thoughts on him? Just reading this it seems like a guy the wizards will take. EG our GM is the Al Davis of the NBA
Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Robinson >>>>>>>> Perry Jones III
Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd be happy with any of the Top 5 or 6 or so players that could be in the draft.. Anthony Davis, Drummond, Robinson, Barnes, or Kidd-Gilchrist.

Anthony Davis is pretty much exactly what we need out of a big man. I just wish he was a little bigger and looked like a person.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Thomas Robinson >>>>>>>> Perry Jones III
2 totally different players hard to compare unless you're comparing talents. Robinson is a small PF at 6'9 and a lot bigger than Perry. He plays like a big man being that he's a lot stronger than Perry. Perry plays more like a SF a kevin durant or tracey mcgrady type player. Even though Baylor uses him as a big man I think he'll make the transition to be a better at the SF position in the NBA.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I'm going to say Anthony Davis doesn't pan out and I'm willing to eat crow because my main reason for that is because I can't stand looking at his eye brows.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I can't stand looking at his eye brow.
Fixed your post.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres's my quick lottery mock draft:

1 Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Davis PF/C Kentucky* 6’11 225lbs
Michael Jordan has put together one of the least talented rosters in the NBA, and adding Davis to build around with Walker is the right selection here.

2 New Orleans Hornets- Andre Drummond PF/C UCONN* 6’11 270lbs
Drummond hasn’t lived up to the #1 pick type potential some say he had, but you can’t deny his athleticism that could make him an All Star.

3 Washington Wizards- Harrison Barnes SF UNC** 6’8 225lbs
Vesely will take some time before he contribute and might end up as a PF in the NBA, and a SF like Barnes could really help this team all around.

4 Detroit Pistons- Thomas Robinson PF Kansas*** 6’8 240lbs
Robinson might be the player of the year in college basketball, and has shown he can be a force down low at PF.

5 New Jersey Nets- Jeremy Lamb SG UCONN** 6’5 190lbs
Another wing that can score is needed to hopefully pair with Deron Williams, and Lamb will leave UCONN since they won’t play in the tournament next year.

6 Toronto Raptors- Austin Rivers PG/SG Duke* 6’4 200lbs
Rivers might stay another year at Duke, but I really like his potential in the NBA and would help a team like the Raptors.

7 Sacramento Kings- Perry Jones III SF/PF Baylor** 6’10 230lbs
PJ3 is a great fit as a potential SF and PF for the Kings, and would provide them with some more defense and rebounding.

8 Cleveland Cavilers- Jared Sullinger PF/C Ohio State** 6’10 280lbs
Sullinger stays in state with the Cavs here, and can be the Center of the future for this franchise.

9 Phoenix Suns- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SG Kentucky* 6’6 215lbs
MKD would do great in the Suns offense, and can play some SG and SF right away for them.

10 Milwaukee Bucks- Brad Beal SG Florida* 6’4 205lbs
Another shooter to go with Jennings could be a great addition, and Beal might be the best pure shooter in this draft.

11 Utah Jazz(f/GSW)- Terrence Jones SF/PF Kentucky** 6’9 240lbs
Jones can play right away for the Jazz, and improve the SF and PF play depending on the line-up

12 New Orleans Hornets(f/MIN)- Arnette Moultrie PF Mississippi State*** 6’10 240lbs
Moultrie has shot up the board this season, and can potentially be a starting PF in the future for a team like the Hornets.

13 Houston Rockets(f/NYK)- Tyler Zeller PF/C UNC**** 6’11 245lbs
The Rockets need more young big man talent and Zeller can impact the game very well on defense early on.

14 Memphis Grizzlies- John Henson PF UNC*** 6’10 220lbs
Randolph’s injury has really hurt Memphis, and adding a Henson to be his potential replacement and also contribute as a shot blocker.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha Wall & Barnes on the same team equates to sooooo much fail!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock looks fine. I'm willing to bet Cody Zeller goes before his brother though.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Mock looks fine. I'm willing to bet Cody Zeller goes before his brother though.
I agree, I just think he will stay another year. If he does I can see him potentially going top 5 if he continues to improve.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously stop calling Kidd-Gilchrist MKD...it's MKG for godsake :p

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could get an actual Center so we can play Greg Monroe at PF.. but I think Thomas Robinson would be a mighty fine pick, we definitely could use some sexy athleticism and rebounding.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Terrance Jones project more as a 3 or 4? I mean does Utah really need another 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Haha Wall & Barnes on the same team equates to sooooo much fail!
why do u say that
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Does Terrance Jones project more as a 3 or 4? I mean does Utah really need another 4?

I'd say a 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
why do u say that
He's a Duke fan.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnes just doesn't look anything special to me to be honest. Needs to work on his moves a bit and having a much more consistent jumper. Factor that in with an error prone Wall & I smell a return trip to the lotto. But I can't think of a better duo then a UK & UNC player.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Harrison Barnes really doesn't do much for me.
I've seen tons of games he's in and am never really impressed by him yet he manages to put up some numbers...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I'll give him is he really is a fantastic shooter with perfect form. That's why I think he could MAYBE be as good as someone like Joe Johnson but I think that's his absolute ceiling. He just doesn't do enough of anything else.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Johnson ever since his Phoenix days has always been as well as a good shooter a top notch ball handler, passer, rebounder, and solid defender. I mean the Hawks signed up from the signs to play point guard. Barnes really is just a shooter, he can be a good defender though and rebounder. I guess I'd say his ceiling is Caron Butler minus the ability to go to the hoop.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah I don't love the Johnson comparison but it's the best I could come up with. Maybe Danny Granger?

Barnes really isn't as a fluid an athlete as any of these guys though, that's a big reason that I'm not that high on him.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MKG said he was staying for another season after today's game.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boooo he will be a top 3 pick next year but he would be at least top 8 this year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyrie Irving + Bradley Beal = sex. pure. *******. sex. We need another perimiter player that can shoot consistenty. Irving is getting decent assist numbers as a rook but he has absolutely no one besides Jamison or Gee that can knock down a shot. Beal would help a guy like Irving so much. We'd have a filthy backcourt.

Also MetSox, thanks for the Tristian love. A lot of Cavs fans bag on him, and only pay attention to offensive numbers. I feel that his excellent defense, rebounding ability and shotblocking are getting ignored. What is the dude, ******* 20? His athleticism is off the charts and from what I read he's an incredibly hard worker. His offense will come with experience and a normal-sized offseason. Oozes potential, huge fan of T2.

Moreover, there's been some Lamb talk here - I haven't watched enough so I can't make a verdict. What's the ruling, Lamb or Beal? Beal or Lamb? They're both there, who do you pull the trigger on if you need a SG to compliment your incredible point guard?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't get all of the Beal love. The guy's best attribute is supposed to be his shot and he's shooting 32% from 3.