Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barnes, Henson and Marshall all declare, leaving UNC with a depleted roster with Zeller gone as a Senior as well.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God is very good. Now come on McAdoo!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but does anyone think John Jenkins would be a good fit for the Bulls at the end of the 1st?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McAdoo should probably return for next year.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Reports say his dad said he will stay

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Here's a quick mock before the championship game tonight:

1 Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Davis PF/C Kentucky*
Clear #1 prospect in the draft, and Jordan might finally start turning things around with Davis in town.

2 Washington Wizards- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF Kentucky*
Wall needs a running mate like MKG who is a great finisher despite being a tad undersized at SF.

3 New Orleans Hornets- Thomas Robinson PF Kansas***
Hornets add a very tough PF who's NBA ready, and will pair with Gordon to be a good duo.

4 Toronto Raptors- Harrison Barnes SF UNC**
DeRozen is more a SG, and Barnes would be a very nice fit in the Raptors line-up.

5 Cleveland Cavilers- Bradley Beal SG Florida*
A shooter to go with Irving could help turn things around even more in Cleveland, and Beal is a legit shooter.

6 Sacramento Kings- Andre Drummond C UCONN*
Kings end up going BPA and get Drummond, who could be the long term player to play next to Cousins inside.

7 Portland Trail Blazers(f/NJ)- Jeremy Lamb SG UCONN**
Brandon Roy's replacement is found with Lamb, who can score in many ways at SG.

8 Detroit Pistons- Jared Sullinger PF Ohio State**
Detroit needs another low post player to go with Monroe, and while Sullinger may not be the best fit I can't see Moultrie/Leonard going before him.

9 Utah Jazz(f/GS)- Kendall Marshall PG UNC**
Devin Harris' days in Utah are coming to an end, and Marshall could be the next pure PG to run the Jazz offense.

10 Milwaukee Bucks- Meyers Leonard C Illinois**
The Bucks should see a lot of scoring in the back court now with Monte in town, and replace Bogut with Leonard here.

11 New Orleans Hornets(f/MIN)- Austin Rivers PG/SG Duke*
Gordon needs another player in the back court that can score, and Rivers could potentially be a great fit next to him.

12 Portland Trail Blazers- Arnette Moultrie PF Mississippi State***
Hickson has shown he still has talent in his short time with the Blazers, but another big man is still needed and Moultrie is the best one on the board.

13 Phoenix Suns- Perry Jones III SF/PF Baylor**
The Suns needs a combo forward to play in the Shawn Marion type role, and PJ3 has some untouched potential still.

14 Utah Jazz- Terrence Jones SF Kentucky**
Some toughness at SF would be a smart pick here with Jones, who can be a very solid role player with this young athletic team.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-02-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on Jones, Suns need a SF/SG/PG and he is a PF

I would prefer Lillard or Harkless

And why would anyone ever pass on Drummond for someone like Beal :/

Sure Beal can be a 15 ppg shooter but Drummond has the most upside of any C since Oden

Last edited by fenikz : 04-02-2012 at 05:52 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolwut, another combo forward for the Suns? The 476 they have on the roster now isn't enough?

As for the Kings, i'm cool with any one of Drummond, Sullinger or even Marshall. A lot of people have him as the highest rated PG and the best distributor, which is kinda what we need but i suppose the emergence of Isaiah Thomas really puts a hold on that. I really think Reke is gonna lock down the 3 spot on the floor. He's a great fit for it.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no way the Cavs pass on Drummond for a SG.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
As for the Kings, i'm cool with any one of Drummond, Sullinger or even Marshall. A lot of people have him as the highest rated PG and the best distributor, which is kinda what we need but i suppose the emergence of Isaiah Thomas really puts a hold on that. I really think Reke is gonna lock down the 3 spot on the floor. He's a great fit for it.
I think there's a good chance the pick is traded if we don't get a top 4 pick, but if we stay BPA is the way to go for us. I agree Tyreke's best fit on our team is at the 3, but I think we still need to find a SF/PF that is athletic and can shoot. I'm not a big Harrison Barnes fan, but he might be the best fit for the Kings after Davis, Robinson and MKG.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have Varejeao and T^2, so it's not like it's a desperate need. SG wouldn't be the wrong way to go.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I see no way the Cavs pass on Drummond for a SG.
Only way I see the Cavs going big man is with Sullinger, and they need to get Irving some help at the 2/3

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I think there's a good chance the pick is traded if we don't get a top 4 pick, but if we stay BPA is the way to go for us. I agree Tyreke's best fit on our team is at the 3, but I think we still need to find a SF/PF that is athletic and can shoot. I'm not a big Harrison Barnes fan, but he might be the best fit for the Kings after Davis, Robinson and MKG.
Donte Greene has played really well lately, and i'm comfortable giving him more minutes in between the SF/PF position. He's a poor man's Josh Smith, compared to the more protoypical big in Thompson. Unless we finally amnesty John Salmons or find someone to take some of these contracts off our hands, i doubt we make any more moves at the 3. Garcia, Salmons and Outlol are all on contract for the next couple of years.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be pumped if we got Moultrie even though we don't really need him. He could play as a sort of Gerald Wallace type considering his ability to guard 3's and 4's. I'd be fine with Lamb, although the 2 spot is getting pretty crowded.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would prefer Robinson over MKG for Washington. I just like Robinson star potential more then MKG. MKG is a jack of all trade master of none kind of player he will obviously help out but I like Robinson over MKG. Reports are though we would take Beal at 2 if we dont get #1. IDK if he is worth the #2 overall pick I havent seen him play. For those who have seen him play would you spend a #2 on Beal to have him work with WAll.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not but I think you always go BPA in the NBA draft

NBA Ceiling: Shorter Michael Redd
NBA Floor: Daequan Cook with solid defense

Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea thats what I thought. I would def trade back to get him but at 2 that seems high. IDK if Ernie Grunfield is around we will take Drummond at 2 I bet.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrence Ross & J'Covan Brown are going pro.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 04-02-2012 at 07:11 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

God damnit J'Covan.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meyers Leonard declared for the draft.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
So should Marshall. But kids don't always do the smart thing.

------------

Am I the only one that thinks that Anthony Davis' offensive game is going to shrink quite a bit when he gets to the pros? He's soft if you ask me. I don't really know that a defensive specialist should go #1.

Last edited by descendency : 04-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

------------

Am I the only one that thinks that Anthony Davis' offensive game is going to shrink quite a bit when he gets to the pros? He's soft if you ask me. I don't really know that a defensive specialist should go #1.
His offensive game shrinking? The kid is barely older than 19 and just grew to 6'10+. He already looks like he has good shot form and when he gets more bulk he will be much better inside. He runs like guard and has great length, I can only see his game expanding on offense while still being the best shot blocker on the floor.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Meyers Leonard declared for the draft.
Everyone should be pulling for this kid to succeed. His story and T-Rob's are just crushing.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

------------

If his offensive game somehow never improved he would still be Serge Ibaka

Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
His offensive game shrinking? The kid is barely older than 19 and just grew to 6'10+. He already looks like he has good shot form and when he gets more bulk he will be much better inside. He runs like guard and has great length, I can only see his game expanding on offense while still being the best shot blocker on the floor.
His worst games are when someone plays physical with him. In the NBA, that'll be more games than not.