Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dear Donte Whitner, you are one hell of an enforcer.
He was my favorite FA acquisition...other than Harbaugh.

Whitner and Goldson really brought the wood again yesterday. Dashon's pricetag just sent up with his Pro Bowl and great performance vs the Saints.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to come say I really underestimated your defense. I am just so use to you guys being a joke for so long. I am not being a jerk, just honest. I remember wondering how you guys had won nine games, thinking you were a paper tiger.

Well now I am impressed. Your defense brings the heat. I just love your defense. And Alex Smith looked awesome.

Your team has me impressed.

And just so you guys don't hate me for my comment about the niners being a joke for so long, remember, my team is the cowboys. We are the joke now. So I know how it feels.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners had the talent but the coaching sucked. Seriously, Mariucci was the last good HC we had and I think that Harbaugh is better than he was already. Harbaugh is an offensive based HC which is what my team has needed for years. Best thing is that he's a perfectionist and doesnt care about media or whoever which I love. **** everyone else and just win because no matter what, winning shuts everyone up. :)

Last edited by dan77733 : 01-15-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for Borat to make the next game day thread.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This made my night. The Catch 3: Tecmo Bowl style
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Can't wait for Borat to make the next game day thread.
Booooom!

I'm leaving this thread open because, you know, ... that game was ******* epic. Try and leave the Saints talk in here please.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
He was my favorite FA acquisition...other than Harbaugh.

Whitner and Goldson really brought the wood again yesterday. Dashon's pricetag just sent up with his Pro Bowl and great performance vs the Saints.
Whitner also failed miserably on both of the Saints 4th Q touchdowns, though.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Nah, the Sproles one was on Goldson. He had Sproles in man-under and he reacted late, then whiffed on the tackle. Sproles in the open field isnt going to get tackled by a SS. I wasn't complaining when Whitner whiffed also.

But the Graham one was defintely on him. Have to play the game smart and realize what's at stake. I know our guys like to make plays on the ball, but realize you are the last line of defense and make the bone-jarring hit instead of going for the int. You're trying to protect a lead, not trying to gain a extra posession. He had a stellar game up until that point. But honestly, if they don't score as quickly as they did, we dont have enough time on the clock to mount our own comeback and watch Alex and VD step up and etch their names in the record books.

But looking at our schedule next year, we face some of the best TEs in the game. We really need to go after that nickel safety who can cover TEs. A hybrid CB/FS type who you can insert into the nickel package and lined them up over the TE. I don't want my All-Pro LB having to worry about covering elite TEs. I thought Reggie Smith would be that guy but apparently Fangio feels more comfortable with our ILBs covering TEs than our back-up safety....not a good sign. I would love for us to sign Jason Allen from the Texans and put him in that role. He has experience at both FS and CB in the league so he can play in space, as well as play man. He's big and fast and should be relatively cheap.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But looking at our schedule next year, we face some of the best TEs in the game. We really need to go after that nickel safety who can cover TEs. A hybrid CB/FS type who you can insert into the nickel package and lined them up over the TE. I don't want my All-Pro LB having to worry about covering elite TEs. I thought Reggie Smith would be that guy but apparently Fangio feels more comfortable with our ILBs covering TEs than our back-up safety....not a good sign. I would love for us to sign Jason Allen from the Texans and put him in that role. He has experience at both FS and CB in the league so he can play in space, as well as play man. He's big and fast and should be relatively cheap.
Who do you sacrifice? If Reggie Smith is in the game covering TE's, then Whitner or Bowman is on the bench.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Who do you sacrifice? If Reggie Smith is in the game covering TE's, then Whitner or Bowman is on the bench.

Has to be a LB. We're the only team I've seen that keeps two ILBs on the field in their nickel package. I believe Fangio believes their speed and athleticism allows them to be on the field and handle RBs and TEs in a short zone or man-to-man. But I believe if he had a safety that he felt could handle those duties, Bowman would probably be on the sideline. Sometimes we go 3-3-5, with Whitner dropping down to LB but really, we need a guy that is more adapt to matching up with these new breed of TEs on the active day roster. Whitner should never come off the field really. People dont understand ALOT of reason this secondary is improved is because he is sound in his zone responsibilities and has great recognition skills(usually....that Graham TD aside of course). The game is changing and we need to recognize that and adapt. Plus, I feel its takes one of our biggest playmakers(Willis) away from the LOS puts him down the field and out of his comfort zone. I dont want Willis or Bowman running 30 yards downfiled with a Graham or a Gronk. I want a guy more adapt in turning and tracking the ball in coverage and actually making plays on the ball. In the red-zone I think its ok because the field is condensed and their is less field to cover deep. But anywhere else and i think your playing with fire and as we saw yesterday, your laible to get burned when that happens. Plus I think having a guy in that hybrid FS/CB role would allow Fangio more flexibility and he'd be able to toy with offenses a little.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He should have gone for the body and not the ball on Graham's play, as Willis was underneath going for the ball. I can see why Whitner did go for the ball, though. If Brees hadn't placed the ball to Graham's right, closer to Whitner, then he would have likely gone for the body to jar the ball lose, or at least, the sure tackle after an amazing catch, assuming Willis didn't deflect it (as the ball would have been in his reach). Graham adjusted to the ball being thrown a little behind him, made a spectacular catch and Willis and Whitner both had gone for the ball instead of the player, leaving them on the ground. It was a great play by a tremendous athlete and those 2 held their won for our D all day. The Saints have a record-setting offense and they are going to make plays. Though he wasn't flawless, I was very impressed with Whitner's play and think he'll only grow into more of a leader on this D.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Postgame vid:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...0-bdeb7b5733d2

Roar of the crowd gave my chills watching the video.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, that deep pass to Swain was actually very well-thrown. Swain is either just incredibly slow or 33 held him
Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, that deep pass to Swain was actually very well-thrown. Swain is either just incredibly slow or 33 held him
If you watch the replay you can see a little holding, but Swain slows up. You can see Alex thought thought he was going to maintain speed. And if he does, we're talking either TD or huge gain.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Definitely looks like 33 gets away with an arm-bar on Swain for at least a little slow-up but Swain seems to start slowing down before that.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that was a TD for sure.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I saw the arm bar in real time and was pissed that there wasn't a call and that Swain didn't sell it more. Could have been huge.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I saw the arm bar in real time and was pissed that there wasn't a call and that Swain didn't sell it more. Could have been huge.
Yeah but we won, so screw it haha.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah but we won, so screw it haha.
Exactly. I'm totally over it now, but at the time and knowing how few shots they take downfield, I was freaking out. Haha.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Swain misjudged the ball and thought it was gonna be a jump ball. Hell, I thought it was gonna be picked

Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Alex was talking mad **** after the TD.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Beautiful...

Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

That's just chemistry and good timing.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's just chemistry and good timing.
And outstanding pass pro.

Closed Thread