Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants
Texans
49ers
Broncos

Those are my winners this week. I don't care all that much for the Baltimore-Houston game, but I think the other three are going to be pretty good games. I'm predicting a decently high scoring game in Foxborough. 49ers I think are going to play really well against the Saints, and match up really well with the Saints. I'm really excited to see how that great defense versus a great offense game works out. Giants are a hot team and I expect them to really take it to the Packers, it is going to be interesting game, I really want to see how the Giants pass rush effect Rodgers. Before the Chiefs, the Giants were the closest team to beating the Packers, I think they have a really good shot of winning this game. Really excited for this weekend.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers
49ers
Ravens
Patriots

Hope the Packers shut everyone up that thinks the Giants are going to win.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Packers
49ers
Ravens
Patriots

Hope the Packers shut everyone up that thinks the Giants are going to win.
are you really pulling out the underdog role as the packers? like, for serious? people are speculating the Giants may win because of the hotstreak they're on and because everyone like underdogs. How is it "shutting people up?"

cue the "u mad" gifs and pics.

or I could be like "packers r over rated, can't wait til JPP takes teh discount double check and shoves it in Rodgers' ass lolz"

and BJ Raji is the one running his mouth already, so this whole "packers vs the world" thing is getting lame and old
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
are you really pulling out the underdog role as the packers? like, for serious? people are speculating the Giants may win because of the hotstreak they're on and because everyone like underdogs. How is it "shutting people up?"

or I could be like "packers r over rated, can't wait til JPP takes teh discount double check and shoves it in Rodgers' ass lolz"

and BJ Raji is the one running his mouth already, so this whole "packers vs the world" thing is getting lame and old
What do you really expect from the most insulated fanbase on Earth?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
What do you really expect from the most insulated fanbase on Earth?
idk, I mean I like and respect a fair amount of the packers posters here but some are just like...brutal.

and my brother is a packer fan. I went to Lambeau. It was ******* awesome. Some of the people we met were old timers and they ruled and were awesome people.

but those people we met probably don't know how to use the internet, so I think it's this younger generation of packer fans that make them annoying.

but I'm a Giants fan and we have one of the most annoying, ignorant and stubborn fan bases around (outside of this board, of course). So I'm not really one to talk
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
idk, I mean I like and respect a fair amount of the packers posters here but some are just like...brutal.

and my brother is a packer fan. I went to Lambeau. It was ******* awesome. Some of the people we met were old timers and they ruled and were awesome people.

but those people we met probably don't know how to use the internet, so I think it's this younger generation of packer fans that make them annoying.

but I'm a Giants fan and we have one of the most annoying, ignorant and stubborn fan bases around (outside of this board, of course). So I'm not really one to talk
"Around here" it's usually not as bad as with the IRL "casual" fans. Those guys are ******* retardos. I have to grit my teeth and turn my music way up whenever people around me at work are talking about football lest I punch some idiot in the face.

But yes, somehow, like two people "picking" the Giants to win makes the Packers underdogs in this game. Somehow. Their insane troll logic means that because not everyone everywhere ever is picking the Packers to win, they are underdogs. Because the Giants are given a shot, the Packers are underdogs.

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the state of the NFL right now, so you'll have to excuse my harshness.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
"Around here" it's usually not as bad as with the IRL "casual" fans. Those guys are ******* retardos. I have to grit my teeth and turn my music way up whenever people around me at work are talking about football lest I punch some idiot in the face.

But yes, somehow, like two people "picking" the Giants to win makes the Packers underdogs in this game. Somehow. Their insane troll logic means that because not everyone everywhere ever is picking the Packers to win, they are underdogs. Because the Giants are given a shot, the Packers are underdogs.

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the state of the NFL right now, so you'll have to excuse my harshness.
Tebow
Yates
Alex Smith

just think of that BB, those could be 3 of the starting QB's in the conference championship games.

IT'S JUST A JOKE STAY AWAY FROM SHARP OBJECTS BB
Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Tebow
Yates
Alex Smith

just think of that BB, those could be 3 of the starting QB's in the conference championship games.

IT'S JUST A JOKE STAY AWAY FROM SHARP OBJECTS BB
It would only be fitting that the 4th in that situation is Rodgers then.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Tebowzzzz

Go Pack obviously. Can't wait for Sunday, somewhat worried but rightfully confident we should win. We need to get back at Giants for ruining our trip to the SB in 07-08. Should be a great game.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't remember a year when the difference between the good QB's and bad QB's in the playoffs were so large. Tebow, Yates, and Smith compared to Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. Talk about a large gap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

the qb's are:
Rodgers
Brees
Brady

Eli (just one space because I feel he's elite, so deal with it)

Flacco

Smith

and well, I'm not going to separate yates and tebow. I truly don't know who I'd rather have. so they're down here. somewhere
Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith > Flaccid, tbqh.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only questionable game for me is the Giants/Green Bay game, the other winners are a forgone conclusion: NE, NO and Baltimore although just maybe San Fran might surprise.

I look for the Giants to beat GB but will have a tough time under the dome in NO.

GB vs the Giants = New York, in a hard fought game but I won't put money on my decision.

NO's vs San Fran = NO, in another hard fought game but I just don't think Smith is up to the task just yet.

NE in an easy win over Denver. This isn't a completely damaged top flight team like Pittsburgh was. The reality comes home to Tebow fans.

Houston vs Baltimore = Baltimore in an easy win as Yates comes back to reality and Houston gets beaten badly.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I guarantee if it was the Saints playing the Giants everyone would be bumming the Saints saying the Giants had no chance!

EDIT: Iamcanadian sums it up perfectly. All the other games are "foregone conclusions" but the only game thats questionable is when the 15-1 Packers play the 9-7 Giants (at home)

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-13-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guarantee if it was the Saints playing the Giants everyone would be bumming the Saints saying the Giants had no chance!
If it was in New Orleans yes, we would have no chance. I don't think anyone can beat them in that building. To look at this objectively as possible, we lost on a last second fg to you guys. Anyone who has watched the Giants, I think can admit we are playing MUCH better than we were when we lost that game. Do you feel the same way about the Packers play since that time? The bye also gets a negative reaction these days. I think that is why you are saying a decent amount of people pick the Giants.
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, no, they wouldn't. The "woe is me" argument from you guys is super lame, and really old. You act like your playing a high school team. So what if people are picking the Giants. This is a team that just won the SB not that long ago, and for the most part this team is better then that team that beat an undefeated 18-0 Patriots team.

Does any of that mean they'll win? No, of course not. But stop acting like people are out of their mind for picking them to win. It's the NFL playoffs. And frankly a lot more people are rolling with the Packers.

And since you brought up the Saints, I've seen an extremely large number of people picking the Niners. So what's your excuse for that one? You guys are just spoiled and can't even help it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
probably because the saints face ****** us in the regular season and we played you guys damn well and lost by 3. and are now on a string of victories. so while this statement is correct, your using it as justification to whine about people picking the giants over the packers and not saying you guys are the best and it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win, is incorrect
Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Smith > Flaccid, tbqh.
ehhh. Flacco launching bombs to Torrey works. And I like Alex Smith, nice guy, met him this morning when he picked my brother up for school
Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

In my thoughts thread this week I made sure to point out that I believe the Packers and Saints are definitely favorites, but I pointed out that I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants and 49ers won.

That's very different from "picking" them.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
In my thoughts thread this week I made sure to point out that I believe the Packers and Saints are definitely favorites, but I pointed out that I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants and 49ers won.

That's very different from "picking" them.
UR JUST A BEARS HOMER LOLZ U JUST HATE TEH PACK CUZ UR JEALOUS

packers are favorite and rightfully so. If we lose, I won't be surprised. If we win, I'll be elated and slightly surprised, but not stunned
Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
UR JUST A BEARS HOMER LOLZ U JUST HATE TEH PACK CUZ UR JEALOUS

packers are favorite and rightfully so. If we lose, I won't be surprised. If we win, I'll be elated and slightly surprised, but not stunned
BUT THEY WANT TO BE THE UNDERDOG GOD DAMMIT!!

No one likes being the hunted. It's far better to go in as the hunter.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
probably because the saints face ****** us in the regular season and we played you guys damn well and lost by 3. and are now on a string of victories. so while this statement is correct, your using it as justification to whine about people picking the giants over the packers and not saying you guys are the best and it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win, is incorrect
Im not saying im sure we're going to win but its just annoying when your team is doing well and all you hear is "there might be an upset", "the giants have a chance to win!". Seems like people are forgetting the Packers are playing as well. Thats all.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not saying im sure we're going to win but its just annoying when your team is doing well and all you hear is "there might be an upset", "the giants have a chance to win!". Seems like people are forgetting the Packers are playing as well. Thats all.
Well holy ******* hell, I can't believe the audacity of some people, saying the Giants have a CHANCE to win the game? What is this world turning into? I demand we rush the streets with pitchforks. You with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
it's annoying to hear that your team has a possibility of losing? oh my. you might want to stop following sports then.

and also realize that espn was allllll up on the packers schlong during the regular season. but it must be painful to realize your team has a shot at losing and won't be just handed the lombardi trophy.

you're also like what? 7 point favorites? come on now. how are people forgetting?
Quote:
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. People are saying they have a chance because they do have a ******* chance.

The Packers sport one of the statistically worst defenses in the league while the Giants are peaking at the perfect time. And this same core Giants team once beat the undefeated Patriots in the post season after losing a close game during the regular season.

Add it all up and it gives the Giants a chance. Do you really want everyone to go around saying that the Packers are absolutely going to win this game and the Giants will be lucky to keep them out of triple digit points?

The Giants have a ******* chance. End of discussion.