Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Raheem Morris New Redskins DB Coach

Quote:
Raheem Morris will work for an NFL team other than the Buccaneers for the first time, but his role will be familiar.

The Redskins hired Morris to be their defensive backs coach, according to Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. Morris didnít consider taking a year off despite having a year left on his contract.

ďMan, Iím not into that,Ē Morris said. ďIím a football coach. This is what I do, itís who I am. Iím entirely too young to sit out a season. I donít need any rest, I donít have any worn out feeling.Ē

Morris had the same role in Tampa for four years before taking over as the teamís head coach in 2009. Morris worked with both Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in Tampa.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...edskins-staff/

I like this move, we've got two former coaches on defense and two young up and comers in Morris and Shanahan Jr.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy he caught on somewhere else quickly.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect role for him. In a perfect world I would have liked him to take the same job back with the Bucs.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Morris have head coaching potential? He had a good season with the Bucs a year ago, is this some guy that can run a team after some maturation?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Does Morris have head coaching potential? He had a good season with the Bucs a year ago, is this some guy that can run a team after some maturation?
He also had a ******* horrible first season with the Bucs.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad it didn't work out for him in Tampa. I thought that team would really come along this season. At least win 10 games again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Talk about a massive step backwards. I think it's a lot more where he belongs, he's no where near ready to be a head coach. Doesn't mean eventually he can't become one, but right now wow, he's just not ready. Good for him to learn from an upper echelon coach.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has the potential to be a head coach some day, but not now. He wasn't ready. He didn't have familiarity with the league to assemble a good caoching staff (everyone was fired).

I think in 5 years, his name will re-surface again as a HC candidate, but right now, he was not mature enough and lacked experience of even being a coordinator in this league.

He'll work back up the ranks eventually, I think, and gain experience.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He has the potential to be a head coach some day, but not now. He wasn't ready. He didn't have familiarity with the league to assemble a good caoching staff (everyone was fired).

I think in 5 years, his name will re-surface again as a HC candidate, but right now, he was not mature enough and lacked experience of even being a coordinator in this league.

He'll work back up the ranks eventually, I think, and gain experience.
Yeah, my buddy's a big Bucs fan and said his coaching staff was a big problem for Morris.

I don't think he stays in Washington long though, he'll probably get a DC job after this upcoming season.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How long can he last though without re-tooling the Cover-2? It's dieing more and more by the day, and unless he's already altered it without my knowledge which is actually quite possible I don't see how he ever becomes even a D-coordinator in the league
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited to see Raheem work with DBs down in Mobile now!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him, I really like his coaching style.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a play up to grab Griffin isn't made their is a big chance Claiborne slips #6 to the Skins so that would be incredibly exciting, it's entirely possible with Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Blackmon, likely all top 5 picks, if the skins don't land Griffin or Kalil I think they go best game changer available between Claiborne, Blackmon, and Richardson.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If a play up to grab Griffin isn't made their is a big chance Claiborne slips #6 to the Skins so that would be incredibly exciting, it's entirely possible with Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Blackmon, likely all top 5 picks, if the skins don't land Griffin or Kalil I think they go best game changer available between Claiborne, Blackmon, and Richardson.
Not with the Bucs picking at 5!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris needs defensive coordinator experience soon. He has potential, but his mind is extremely young.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
How long can he last though without re-tooling the Cover-2? It's dieing more and more by the day, and unless he's already altered it without my knowledge which is actually quite possible I don't see how he ever becomes even a D-coordinator in the league
We played a lot of man this year. And probably would have run a lot more man if we had the players.
I am not going to say I am sad to see him let go but to his defense he was dealt a team that is rebuilding, youngest in the league 2years running now. With no help from the ownership in FA. He's a players coach, aggressive style, he was a great hire for the skins and it probably won't be long before he is a DC. Kinda crazy but we are talking about a guy who in 2010 was second in voting for coach of the year, suprised he didn't at least wait for a DC gig.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 01-13-2012 at 01:01 PM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote