Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo many key FA's. Balls. Anyways, I assume TACKLE and I will run the Ravens as always. Must resign Rice, Grubbs and Webb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn page trap. But yes, I encourage people who've been active in these so far to sign up again.

This will require a good deal more participation as we go through each step. I'm not going to let teams who are inactive languish though, because it would less for everyone else if it gets unrealistic because certain teams aren't participating. I'll make sure fair moves are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think this may be doable. I made up the free agent list and salary cap situations list:

I will let everyone know what's going on when I get it figured out.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 02-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we need to pm you?
Also can we cut guys to save on cap?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll make an announcement when I've got everything in place.

And yes, you'll have pretty much free reign of the roster (within reason.) I'm still working on exactly how everything will work.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just make them supply the info it's fairly easy to find an article on your teams cap numbers, save yourself some trouble
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I already looked up all the cap numbers. I posted the article on the previous page I believe...if not, it's also at the bottom of what I have in the spoiler above.

I just lost like an hours work to a window freezing...I was copying from a word file to a PM I was going to sent to myself. I should have been doing it the other way around...grr...

I'll deal with it later.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll make an announcement when I've got everything in place.

And yes, you'll have pretty much free reign of the roster (within reason.) I'm still working on exactly how everything will work.
Oaky cool.thanks.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

If someone wants to help me out and has time to kill, go through this list:

And put put one of the following ratings next to each player:

ELITE (Guys who are amongst the best in the league, will command HUGE salaries)
Quality (Very good players, definite starters, and/or elite players who are getting older)
Mid-Level (Guys who could be average starters or at least quality backups/role players)
Low (everyone else)

It was what I was trying to do earlier and lost it. This way it will also give me an additional opinion on each guy.

Just copy it into a PM and send it to me when you're done. It would be of great help.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 02-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hows it going BeerBaron?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Patience. Hopefully I'll be able to open it up on Monday.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Patience. Hopefully I'll be able to open it up on Monday.
Ok cool. Looking forward to it!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be interested in doing the Titans, or at least working with a Senior Titans board member as co-GM or assistant / consultant.

I know I haven't been around here long, but I was very active on previous boards until they went to pay forums.

I've been a member of these in the past and their usually needs to be a board of 4-5 members to vote on free agent signings, accept or veto trades etc.

Also, I think their should be some rule on resigning players.

And while I don't think your player category is a bad idea, I could see it creating some problems. Also, when cutting players if he's in the average category but paid like a good player, how does that work?

In the past what we've done is post everyone's projected cap number. You can then cut players you don't want and save that money (must find some kind of link to verify). You send offers to players you want to resign (this is where the board comes to play), the board decided if it's a fair contract and/or if the player even wants to play for them again. They can also restructure contracts however this happens very rarely.

To make things simple, when a team made a move we made them post their current cap situation. When resigning or offering free agents deals, the deal MUST be in simple terms. For example 5yr 25million deal. Every year gets the same amount of money.

Remember, the team must save money for their rookies. I think the average is around 10-12m for rookies, we could make a team by team list on what is needed to sign the rookies before any trades.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Me ready! : D
Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I've actually come up with a way to avoid using actual dollar figures at all. (At least to sign people.)

I'm still tweaking it though.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This looks cool BB. I'm a little hard at the thought.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans actually have $35 million in cap space according to our new GM.

Also, Mike Otto and Lavelle Hawkins have been re-signed. And Tony Brown was cut last offseason.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I've read reports that the Bucs have 25 million in space and by cutting Fat Albert that number shoots up to 32. Also would you be allowed to carry over cap space?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Yeah I've read reports that the Bucs have 25 million in space and by cutting Fat Albert that number shoots up to 32. Also would you be allowed to carry over cap space?
This revelation right there just ****** over all of the numbers I've currently got.

This is a complete pain the ass. I think I'm going to say screw it and deal with the numbers I've got.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This revelation right there just ****** over all of the numbers I've currently got.

This is a complete pain the ass. I think I'm going to say screw it and deal with the numbers I've got.
Yeah I completely understand. Would be a great thing for a team me as it effectively doubles my cap space. For a forum mock I agree that it is way to complicated.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Current cap figures

Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure on those...

I get teams gaining cap space with the ability to carry over. The Cowboys went from over the cap to $17 million under? What?

And how did so many teams lose space from a week ago?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...12-season.html

There, the Bears for example were like $19 million under, and now they're $7 million under? How did that happen?

Like here's an ESPN article that gives the nearly $19 million under number again:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...ary-cap-status

And the Falcons are an even more egregious example, going from nearly $20 million under in one article to just barely under the cap in another?

Something isn't right here.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I guess you'll have to do some research and find out whose numbers are most accurate!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I guess you'll have to do some research and find out whose numbers are most accurate!
I guess I'll have to. Worst case scenario, I'll just average together what I find if they're drastically different and people will just have to deal with it.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.thehogs.net/washington-redskins/salary.php

skins details. some of those articles are off. this shows every player and every dollar.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
http://www.thehogs.net/washington-redskins/salary.php

skins details. some of those articles are off. this shows every player and every dollar.
Either way, you're far enough under that it won't matter much.

I'm a little busy at work this morning, so I'll try to finalize my instructions and post the sign up thread later this morning. Keep an eye out for it, I'll move this mock draft's stuff into the archive and post the sign-up thread here.