Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My ideal Eagles Mock

I think we need to trade back to the end of round 1, then trade back yet again into early round 2 where all the value is. I know the whole argument is: well you got to find a partner, well trades like this happen all the time in the NFL and at the right price for other teams it will be justified. My ideal situation would be to trade our #15 for a 2nd, 4th and a 2013 first round pick, very similar to the Carolina trade we made a few years back when we shipped our #19 for a 2nd (#43), 4th and their 1st the year after. But that might be a little harder to find a partner, so in this mock I will just do the trade back for this years picks.

#15 is not a good spot for us this year, we also need to trade Asante, some reasonable and realistic trade scenarios I would like to see us make:

Trades:

***Trade #51 and Asante Samuel for Bills #41 and 4th(105). Or trade Asante to a team like Tennesse for their late 3rd, then trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks a team picking late 30s/early 40s like the Bills for their 2nd and 4th.

***Trade #15 to a team in the late first for their 1st(#26-#30), 2nd and 4th round picks. I'll use the Packers as the example team, they pick #28, they have 2 compensatory 4th round picks and their picks are at the end of the round. So our #15 for their 1st(28), 2nd(59) and 4th(123). Trade value chart has the Packers with the advantage which usually for the team trading up is giving up more, so I think this is very realistic.

***If at #28 Nick Perry is there I take him, doubt he will be so I trade #28 to a team in the early 2nd, I'll use the Vikings as the example. #28 for #35 and their 4th (98), trade value has them with the slight edge. Teams in the early 2nd want to jump back into the late first to secure their man, for a 4th is reasonable.

***Trade 6th (172) and 6th (200) for Jags 5th (142). Any early to mid 5th works in this situation.

Eagles have been known to make multiple trades (4+ many years) and I believe these are all reasonable and realistic.

Draft:

2nd RD (#35): Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Chandler Jones]

2nd RD (#41): Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Take our LB here, then Mike Martin at 46, then at 59 I would take Alameda Ta''amu]

2nd RD (#46): Lavonte David - LB - Nebraska: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Bobby Wagner/Mychal Kendricks/Demario Davis]

2nd RD (#59): Mike Martin - DT - Michigan: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Trade for 2013 picks]

3rd RD (#88): Isaiah Pead - RB - Cincinnati: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Cyrus Gray/Robert Turbin/Bernard Pierce/Ronnie Hillman/Vick Ballard]

4th RD (#98): Ben Jones - C/OG - Georgia: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Michael Brewster/Philip Blake/David Molk]

4th RD (#105): Ron Brooks - CB - LSU: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Dwight Bentley/Josh Norman]

4th RD (#114): Nate Potter - OT - Boise St: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Tom Compton/Tony Bergstrom]

4th RD (#123): Devon Wylie - WR/KR/PR - Fresno St: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: T.Y Hilton/Joe Adams]

5th RD (#142): Brandon Hardin - S - Oregon St: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Duke Ihenacho/Christian Thompson/Janzen Jackson]

5th RD (#153): Dale Moss - WR - South Dakota St: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Jeff Fuller/Dwight Jones]

6th RD (#194): Evan Rodriguez - FB - Temple: [Players I take in order if original pick is not available: Drake Dunsmore, Emil Igwenagu]

We need to manipulate and maneuver throughout this draft and stockpile where the value is. We have the ammo to load up on mid round picks, and in a draft where the value in the 2nd round for the positions we need is very strong, lets take advantage of it.
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For anyone who wants to know why I picked the players I did:

2nd RD (#35): Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall: Babin and Cole are getting up there in age, Babin is a one dimensional pass rusher and Cole wears down with all the snaps he has to take. Graham I have hope in but it all depends how healthy he is from those injuries, also in a league where you can't have enough good DEs and pass rushers, Curry gives us a great and deep DE rotation.

2nd RD (#41): Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson: We need a big physical stud in the middle of our D-line. Thompson fits the bill, he will eat up double teams and be very disruptive, he will make the lives of his teammates much better by his presence on the field.

2nd RD (#46): Lavonte David - LB - Nebraska: I liked the fact that he bulked up from 225lbs-233lbs from senior bowl to combine and still maintained high athletic ability. Stud player who can play SLB or WLB as Ryans mans down the MLB position.

2nd RD (#59): Mike Martin - DT - Michigan: I want a dominate line and in a deep DT class it would be nice to stockpile on some great DTs. While undersized Martin is incredibly athletic, strong and relentless. He will be a nightmare in 1v1 situations as a UT while Thompson eats up double teams.

3rd RD (#88): Isaiah Pead - RB - Cincinnati: Fast, quick, strong, great vision, can catch. We need someone who can ease the load on McCoy and be able to start in case McCoy goes down.

4th RD (#98): Ben Jones - C/OG - Georgia: We need to bring in competition and depth. Jones is a beast and will be a starter in the future at either C or G.

4th RD (#105): Ron Brooks - CB - LSU: Underrated player who's been stuck behind all-stars like Patrick Peterson, Morris Clairborne and Tyrann Mathieu. Has tons of experience playing dime and nickle and will be a damn good nickle CB at worst. Has the physical tools and talent to be a full time starter in the future as well.

4th RD (#114): Nate Potter - OT - Boise St: Athletic Howard Mudd type player, we need depth and competition along that o-line.

4th RD (#123): Devon Wylie - WR/KR/PR - Fresno St: Great slot WR and an all-star special teams player who can be a dynamite KR/PR as well as do a great job covering kicks. Has the potential to be a damn good starter on the outside as well.

5th RD (#142): Brandon Hardin - S - Oregon St: Physically gifted kid who missed his senior year. Has all the tools you look for and was looked at as a 3rd/4th round pick before missing his senior year. We need competition and depth in the secondary. No reason to spend another high pick in a safety, we need to bring in a vet via FA and a later round pick for competition.

5th RD (#153): Dale Moss - WR - South Dakota St: 6'3 213lb former basketball player who only played one year of football, recording 61 receptions, 949 yards and 6 TDs. Timed in the 4.38-4.45 range, 41.5'' vert, 10'10 broad jump, 6.35 3-cone and 4.13 20yrd shuttle. Incredible physical tools and showcased great hands and the ability to pinpoint the ball at its highest point and fight defenders for the ball. Will be a good RZ threat right off the bat has the potential to turn into a damn good player

6th RD (#194): Evan Rodriguez - FB - Temple: I like Stanley Havili and think he wins the starting FB job but we need to bring in competition at the position. Rodriguez is a good receiver with good hands and can block.
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote