Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the shady deal gets done this year but Maclin will not be one that gets done this year with 2 years left they are going to wait on it. We are sitting well enough off that we can go out and sped on at least 1 free agent as of a linebacker or guard. Now we know that Nicks is off the board Mathis is still out there but appears to be shopping.

I also think that we resigned the one guard Mike Gibson to add depth in case we need to draft a guard early.

There is also alot of rumors about the enigma that is Laron Landry and the Eagles are one of the top 4 in the mix. I am just not sure how healthy he is and he is very injury prone.

I really dont want to say it but it makes total sense if Decastro is there at 15 and we dont get Mathis back he will look very good in Midnight Green. Imagine the damage he and Peters would do side by side.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^As boring as O-Line is in back-to-back years, your are totally right.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ive been saying it for a while now that if Luke or one of the top DT's are not there I would be all for DeCastro. He would be a great pick for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add me to the list of Eagles fans that'd be happy with DeCastro if we can't get Mathis back, and LUUUUUUUUUUKE is off the board.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Add me to the list of Eagles fans that'd be happy with DeCastro if we can't get Mathis back, and LUUUUUUUUUUKE is off the board.
why who did they sign?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one that I've heard of yet, I have heard that the Eagles are still in the running for Lofton, but I don't buy it based on who its coming from. Basically with how FA has panned out, I'd be happy with any of these guys if the Eagles stay right around pick 15... Keuchly, Poe, DeCastro (if Mathis isn't back), or even Cox.

If the Eagles trade Asante, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a CB in the first round honestly, either trading down from pick 15 ( or using the pick we'd get from Asante to move up) depending on the situation and getting a guy like Stephon Gilmore, who I think will be a great NFL CB, and is the perfect fit in the Eagles defense. He does anything he is asked to do in terms of coverage and run defense. He has good athleticism (not quite what his 40 time indicates, truthfully) and is a very smart player. I like him a lot, and if Asante is indeed traded, I would like him a lot, even more than Kirkpatrick, who I think is a great great CB prospect.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Also, don't rule out the Eagles drafting a QB relatively early. Vick isn't young and it would be a very "Eagles" thing to do to bring a QB in to further push him. Do I think its less likely since the eagles QB depth chart is already full? Yes, but I can see situations where, though picking a QB would be surprising, I could see the justification for it.

There are a few guys that are going to go in the later half of the first round that I really like, and would be good value, whether the Eagles trade up from the second, or lose out on a guy at 15 and trade down, there are quite a few guys I expect to be available from picks 20-35 that I wouldn't mind if the Eagles picked at all.

Cordy Glenn is one of them, and I know most of you will say he doesn't fit with the new "template" the Eagles look for in their offensive linemen, and to an extent, I agree, but let em just say this... He is big, but watch the guy play, he is quick and athletic for a guy his size. Almost reminds me of Jason Peters in that you wouldn't expect a guy that big to be able to do what he does. This is not to say I see him like I do Peters, he doesn't have quite that athleticism, but it'd be more than enough for him to fit in as a Guard here. He's not a perfect fit, but he is a guy that would fit well enough to be a smart pick in the later part of the first round.

I already mentioned Gilmore in that other post (its what got me started on this one, but he is another guy I think qualifies here) Honestly, if Luke, Poe, DeCastro, and Cox are gone and the Eagles can't find a trade partner (assuming Asante is traded, that is), I wouldn't even really mind getting Gilmore at 15.

I don't think Dre Kirkpatrick will last too far into the second half of the first round, but if he does, I wouldn't mind if the Eagles picked him up after trading down. He's be more of Asante's role in the defense once he'd find the starting lineup, or could maybe even work as a hybrid CB/S not a huge fan of this idea, or his fit, the more I think about it. But he has the talent to work at either of those positions and if the Eagles could get a great package deal in a trade, I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.

I don't really foresee the Eagles spending a high draft pick on a safety this year, but if they do, it means they've given up on either Allen (I hope not, I really like him, shows flashes, but needs to stay healthy and consistent) or Jarrett. At this point, I can't say I think they have, but if they have, Mark Barron would be a nice addition in the second half of the first round. I'd expect him to be more of a SS and he would see the field almost right away. I like him a lot. I don't see him as a perennial Pro-Bowl type Safety, but a very, very good one who could make it a few times. Would be a great fit in the defense. I personally would love to have Barron here, I just doubt the Eagles would draft him after just drafting Jarrett so high last year.

Devon Still and Michael Brockers are also guys to consider, though idk if the Eagles would want to invest a top pick on one of the non-elite (IMO). not necessarily best scheme fit DTs. I do think both would work, but Still needs to work on consistency, and IDK if he has quite the anchor in him to be an NFL DT. He'd work great as a 3'4 DE, which is where I think he'll end up going, and I feel similarly about Brockers, though he has a better skill set to work as a DT.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the Eagles will make one signing of a starter either at guard ((Mathis or someone Mudd thinks he can work with)), Linebacker (( all are pretty much still out there)) or Saftey . Its still up in the air at what will happen but we will see.

I really want us to sign a LB as everyone knows I am not sold on Luke I think he will struggle with some aspects of the NFL. He tackles alot but isn't physical and has short arms which are both things that scare me. I think he is much more suited to play SLB then a MLB he isnt the second coming of Brian Urlacher.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
I really think the Eagles will make one signing of a starter either at guard ((Mathis or someone Mudd thinks he can work with)), Linebacker (( all are pretty much still out there)) or Saftey . Its still up in the air at what will happen but we will see.

I really want us to sign a LB as everyone knows I am not sold on Luke I think he will struggle with some aspects of the NFL. He tackles alot but isn't physical and has short arms which are both things that scare me. I think he is much more suited to play SLB then a MLB he isnt the second coming of Brian Urlacher.
I'm confused, you think he's not physical enough, but think he's a better fit at SAM? You do realize the SAM's primary responsibilities are stopping the run? SAMs are also called on to blitz , which is an area where he wasn't asked to do much at BC, and is relatively unproven. It'd work for coverage purposes, Luke would be able to cover most TEs in this league one on one when asked to be in coverage, but I really don't see why you don't like his fit at MIKE, but like it at SAM. He'd work there, but I'm confused as to the logic behind this.

And then you say he isn't a Brian Urlacher, implying Urlacher is a real physical LB... I love Urlacher, one of the best LBs in the game, but he isn't a physically imposing LB at all, He is a balanced LB who if anything is better in coverage than as a physically dominating run defender like you make him seem. If anything Urlacher is a pretty decent comaparison for Keuchly, neither are physically imposing, but both are smart, instinctual, fluid LBs who make plays all over the field. Keuchly isn't quite as good in coverage as Urlacher is, but its not necessarily a weak point either.

Most of the LBs that would fit with the Eagles are still available, but Tulloch and Lofton are more one-dimensional LBs than Keuchly projects to be. Lofton is a great downhill LB. plays great against the run and most plays in front of him, but is a liability in coverage. With the TE's the NFC East has, we need as many good coverage LBs as possible, and Lofton, though he would be a solid signing, and I can see the logic behind it, isn't a top tier LB like Keuchly could develop into. Tulloch is similar, though he is slightly better in coverage than Lofton. The rest of the FA LBs aren't really a good fit, IMO for what the Eagles defense will be asking of their MIKE.

The Eagles have already signed back Mike Gibson as some measure of insurance if Mathis isn't back. Though, if he does leave, I expect an early pick to be invested on a OG, DeCastro, Glenn, or Zeitler would all be adequate fits, depending on the situation. As for Safety, the Eagles have invested a lot in their young players there, I'm not sure if we'll see much more in the way of additions there, especially on a veteran older guy who would hinder their development. If a Safety is brought in to replace either of our young Safeties, i expect it to be a younger prospect.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

In the eagles defense the WLB is the more blitz set spot. Why the Eagles tried Chaney as a SLB is because of his very good coverage skills. He wasnt put there at the start of the year because of his blitzing skills. He got moved back to the middle because of Matthews inability to play the MLB spot. I would rather have one good downhill run stuffer at MLB.

Why I was so high on Taze before he puked the season and went limp at the combine. With Luke watch the VT game in its full entirety and you will see what I am talking about how he stuggles to take down a NFL quality back. I am not sold on him I think he is going to be at best a decent coverage linebacker but not worth a 1st round pick. He has great measurable abilities is fast is smart but he isnt going to be great in the NFL.

Also the biggest thing that Luke gets killed on is the same thing Matthews gets killed on is getting off blocks. He takes great angles but if he gets a body on him he is done. Urlacher also is one of the best sack artists from the MLB spot ever. Urlacher also is one of the best at getting off blocks Luke struggles and why I just do not want him . I know that someone like Lofton/Tulloch is going to get burned in coverage but the Eagles need a physical presence in the middle.

Adding a finesse player that is great in coverage player isnt going to fix this team. Everyone is enamored with his tackle numbers but I have sat down and watched 8 BC college games from the last 2 years and I just cant stand what i see.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the Eagles Demeco Ryans! Love this trade, gives us the option to go with the top DT/OL available in the first. The guy was one of the top 4-3 Mikes in the league before his injury and when he came back he just wasnt a great fit in Wade's system in Houston.

Give me DeCastro or Cox in the first....ill be a happy camper.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Well I never even saw this coming. Paying 6million a year for him for the next three is much cheaper then paying Lofton or Tulloch the 9 million they wanted. And if he returns to form in a 4-3 we are getting the best player of the bunch!

And this probably takes us out of the running for Luke Oh happy days!!! Best DT on the board now for us in the first!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Lord_Anubis
Rookie

Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.

Saw the trade for D. Ryan and love it. I wanted him last year, but he resigned w/ Texans.

Finally have a LB since Trotter's last pro bowl year, which seems like a long time ago. This has been a great offseason and easily compares to last season imo. Hopefully McCoy extends soon and is like the other resigns/extensions we done so far.

I think we might want to consider looking at Barron even though we drafted back to back 2nd round safeties. Allen is ok, but not sold on our SS position.

Last edited by Lord_Anubis : 03-20-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Lord_Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Saw the trade last night and instantly thought we must have given up something like a second round pick (getting something back) for him. When I saw it was a swap of third and a fourth surrendered, I almost didn't believe it at first. Hopefully everything checks out health-wise and he can be the key cog in the center of our defense that we've been missing for a while. Seeing just how pissed off the rest of his defensive teammates are should speak to how good of a player and leader this guy is, and it makes me glad we have that leader type player who can back it up with his play. Sometimes I wonder how the Eagles get away with these trades...

I do see safety as a bigger possibility early now (hell, since our biggest need is addressed, it makes all of our other needs seem that much more prominent) and I am a fan of Barron, and would love to be able to have someone to compliment our secondary like him. I'm a fan of Nate Allen's, the guy is smart, rangy, and plays the run well for being billed as a cover safety. Those two would compliment eachother well, but I do think since we just drafted Jarrett to play SS in the second round last year, it makes the likelihood of us drafting another SS early that much more unlikely. I said it a few weeks ago, but this move also makes an early QB to develop behind Vick seem like a bigger possibility now as well.

The Eagles do this every year, they go into the draft having addressed almost (if not all) all of their needs, which makes them flexible with their drafting strategy, which truly allows the team to get the best players available that they want, and usually aren't ever pigeon-holed into drafting any one need at a certain spot.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances of drafting OT, OG, DT go up now.

I don't doubt they might draft a safety, they need more ball hawks back there or rangy guys. Barron while good, would just be a better version of JJ, who probably is going to be a very good ST player and backup. Harrison Smith I think offers the best value of what the Eagles might be looking. At this point in the NFL, SS and FS are one in the same almost.

Then again giving Vick a target that is bigger than 6'2 would be a good choice as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Don't rule out CB either, especially if Asante is traded, or LB even (most likely not first two rounds anymore unless someone falls) as we could still use help to bolster the LB corp some, though it becomes much less severe of a need now. I agree about Barron, similar player to Jarrett, but better (unfortunately I feel like Jarrett may be a wasted pick), which is why I don't see it as the most likely choice, even though it might need to be.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Late to the party, but I love the Demeco trade. We're bringing in one of the most instinctive LB's in the NFL. He's been my favorite Texan since he was drafted and I can't believe we got him so cheap.

This trade reminds me of when the Jets dealt Vilma because he wasn't a great fit in a 3-4 defense. Ryans was decent but not nearly as effective as usual last year due to the scheme change.

He struggles some in coverage, but I wouldn't say he's a liability. He's a great sideline to sideline guy and is great against the run. Ryans is also a great locker room guy and a vocal leader. Definitely will bring this attribute and improve the locker room. Priority number 1 I think is keeping this guy clean and letting him make plays by putting a big DT in front of him. Either Poe in round 1, or a guy like Ta'amu in round 2. We could also use help on the O-line, but I'm hoping for the sexy pick.

Uniting my sig with the team!

Last edited by cunningham06 : 03-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great trade but I still want to see us grab at least one LB in the first two rounds. IMO we needed 3 new ones this off season...
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I would be down for taking Fletcher Cox or Brockers in the 1st and would not be disappointed at all to take Zach Brown in the second if he were available. I know its a little far fetched because the Eagles HATE drafting LB's but it would be cool.

Also a guy who might be a possibility now would be a guy like Kirkpatrick who I think would be a great nickel corner for us. Big/Physical corner and might even be able to slide in at safety if we needed him too.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Yeah this is shaping up good for us for the draft for us getting BPA.

I am still big on Poe I think he under Washburn would blossom. Cox I like its a safe pic but I dont think he has huge upside you see what you get. Brockers Pro day is tomorrow I will be watching for results there.

I think CB is all based on if we still have Samuels or plan on keeping him. Kirkpatrick is a great pick but wont have an impact with our depth for a couple of years with us 3 deep with people and from what i have heard Curtis Marsh looks good. Now if he is used as a safety then its differnt.

I think still one of the big TE's in the second is a must I know everyone like clay but I think its still a great idea and pick. Also would like to see an OT in the top 3 rounds. We have no depth there
Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Im scared to death of Poe, the guy is an insane workout warrior but the fact that he didnt do **** in the C-USA scares me. Like really? A guy that is that freakish of an athlete cant put up numbers in that conference, he's invisible on film.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Im scared to death of Poe, the guy is an insane workout warrior but the fact that he didnt do **** in the C-USA scares me. Like really? A guy that is that freakish of an athlete cant put up numbers in that conference, he's invisible on film.
He is a very high risk. I just see how he moves and watched some film and its more or less technique and teams game plan away from him when he was at Memphis. He has big glaring issues but I don't think its anything that cant be fixed. We have 2 great starters at DT for him to learn under.

I Look at Poe and i see Ngata light. I don't think he is of that level but when you can put a physically gifted person in the middle of the defense its going to create advantages. I will eat crow on this I think this team misses Bunkley more then I would like to admit. Doesn't have the pretty numbers but when you have someone that powerful in the middle It changes the flow of everything.

Now saying that Cox I am gonna be happy with if we get him. I think he is in the same mold as a Cullen Jenkins. I think though the kid from Clemson Thompson or Worthy MSU are both high on my list for the first 2nd round pick if we don't take DT in the first and they fall to there.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would be down for taking Fletcher Cox or Brockers in the 1st and would not be disappointed at all to take Zach Brown in the second if he were available. I know its a little far fetched because the Eagles HATE drafting LB's but it would be cool.

Also a guy who might be a possibility now would be a guy like Kirkpatrick who I think would be a great nickel corner for us. Big/Physical corner and might even be able to slide in at safety if we needed him too.
Kirkpatrick isn't a great fit in our defense anymore. I love Kirkpatrick, think he's a great talent who would probably do fine in a hybrid role, but I'm far from sold on that idea. (plus I'm tired of these CB/S hybrids coming in and not working out for us, lol). Stephen Gilmore is a much better schem fit, has experience in every type of coverage, and is adept at bump and run. He has size and some playmaking ability too. Do I think Kirkpatrick is a better prospect? Yes (though not by as much as most people think), but Gilmore is a great prospect in his own right and is a much better fit for the Eagles defensive scheme. If they do go CB early, it'll be on a guy with experience in bump and run. Kirkpatrick played more zone at Bama and doesn't have as much experience as Gilmore in that area.

I would still like to address another LB spot early, and would love either of those guys, but as you said, I doubt it at this point.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You also have to account for his role in the defense. NTs in most defenses won't stand out anyway, and don't get a lot of production because of it. When evaluating NT prospects, you have to look at what the rest of the front 7 is able to do as well, because DTs, especially NTs like him, do as much, if not more, for a defense that doesn't result in themself making a play as it does the other way around. Poe did a great job of occupying blockers and enabling his teammates to make plays, and made plays himself. I don't think he's elite as a prospect by any means, but he is right up there with the other top DTs in this class (I don't include Brockers in that, think he is just a step below Poe/Cox. If it were Poe or DeCastro, I'd want DeCastro, honestly. But with the contract the Eagles just gave Mathis, IDK if Guard will be an early pick.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Yeah this is shaping up good for us for the draft for us getting BPA.

I am still big on Poe I think he under Washburn would blossom. Cox I like its a safe pic but I dont think he has huge upside you see what you get. Brockers Pro day is tomorrow I will be watching for results there.

I think CB is all based on if we still have Samuels or plan on keeping him. Kirkpatrick is a great pick but wont have an impact with our depth for a couple of years with us 3 deep with people and from what i have heard Curtis Marsh looks good. Now if he is used as a safety then its differnt.

I think still one of the big TE's in the second is a must I know everyone like clay but I think its still a great idea and pick. Also would like to see an OT in the top 3 rounds. We have no depth there

Where are we getting all these pick though? lol. I can think of plenty of positions I'd want addressed before TE. LB, DT, S, hell, even backup Tackle since we just traded one of ours, I'd address before TE (there's a few others, I'll just stop there though). It just doesn't make sense to draft a TE early when it isn't a need, AT ALL, and we have other, much more pressing needs.