Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I think Cox could make an impact right away.
Poe and Brockers make a little more sense than Cox because they are more NT type D tackles. Cox is very similar to what we have in Cullen Jenkins. We need a big nose tackle who can eat up blockers and take some of the stress off our linebackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Poe and Brockers make a little more sense than Cox because they are more NT type D tackles. Cox is very similar to what we have in Cullen Jenkins. We need a big nose tackle who can eat up blockers and take some of the stress off our linebackers.
This is what I've been thinking. I really am not a fan of Brockers though. With Poe I haven't seen any of his gameplay other than the short clips that are available but I think with his tools and Washburn there to show him the ropes he could be a great fit for us. Sounds like they were trying to keep Poe's visit under wraps too so he could be a guy we're taking a seriously look at.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brockers is not a NT, not here in the wide 9, not in any defense really. Doesn't have enough anchor to his play, not in the NFL anyway.

I kinda feel like Poe is the target, TB mentioned what I alluded to earlier, they seemed like they were trying to keep Poe's visit quiet...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.

After seeing all the tape, talk, hype, etc. these are the prospects I would target for us. Gonna be a little bittersweet to see Asante Samuel leave, but this is a business and when you have two great athletes in Namdi and DRC it makes sense to dump Asante's salary off the books.

DT Dontari Poe, Memphis
DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
LB Mychal Kendricks, California
S George Iloka, Boise State
CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (FL)
LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma

If we could walk away with these guys with are picks in round 1-5+pick(s) acquired from Asante I would be extremly happy
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmy1989 View Post
After seeing all the tape, talk, hype, etc. these are the prospects I would target for us. Gonna be a little bittersweet to see Asante Samuel leave, but this is a business and when you have two great athletes in Namdi and DRC it makes sense to dump Asante's salary off the books.

DT Dontari Poe, Memphis
DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
LB Mychal Kendricks, California
S George Iloka, Boise State
CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina
WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (FL)
LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma

If we could walk away with these guys with are picks in round 1-5+pick(s) acquired from Asante I would be extremly happy
I dont see us bringing in Thompson as well if we draft Poe. They are pretty similar, both NT type players. I do like everything else, though.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, with Dixon back and healthy, we don't need two NT prospects. If he is back, I'm not even sure we necessarily NEED even one. (Though it would be nice to have two, enables you to do whatever you want with your front 7, no matter which "line" (to steal a hockey term... actually think its useful with our DL, lol) you have in. Everybody seems to like Iloka, no matter who you talk to, but I just haven't seen enough to say that he's one of my top mid round targets... Norman has been brought in for a visit, and I think he is a target, along with Trumain Johnson. It'll depend how the draft works out, but either one of those CBs wouldn't be a surprise to me at all, unless they go CB earlier (first three picks). Alfonzo Dennard is another CB we may see as a possibility as well.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another NT wouldn't be bad since we rotate them so much.

Johnson would be awesome, just he is a knucle head.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I typed that up thinking more along the lines of "we could get by without another" NT, but you certainly won't see me getting upset if we draft one, unless we would trade up and give up waaaay too much for Poe...

Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't tell if I'm nervous or excited for Thursday. Part of me is scared ****less that the Cowboys will grab a stud like Mark Barron as they usually do while we grab something we don't need (ie defensive end).
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

At least we can take comfort in the Cowboys ******* up studs after they draft them... And Jerry Jones completely ******* up a draft after round 2...

Old 04-24-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking back on last year draft 2010, what happened to Te'O?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I was looking back on last year draft 2010, what happened to Te'O?
Pretty sure he was on the practice squad or IR last year...

Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Pretty sure he was on the practice squad or IR last year...
yeah he is on the Bucs now.

Looks back at the Eagles past drafts, man what is happening. Ever since whats his face left for the Browns, its been poo.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
At least we can take comfort in the Cowboys ******* up studs after they draft them... And Jerry Jones completely ******* up a draft after round 2...
I'm trying to figure out if you're being serious or not. Granted no team ever hits on every pick, but generally speaking the Cowboys roster is filled with home grown talent picked up in the the draft or UDFA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm trying to figure out if you're being serious or not. Granted no team ever hits on every pick, but generally speaking the Cowboys roster is filled with home grown talent picked up in the the draft or UDFA.
The Cowboys have had a high bust rate...

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok the draft is almost here !!!

What I would like to see at 15 if we dont trade up

1 Dontari Poe: He is the best fit for what we need at the DT. Alot of his downfall was poor coaching and being the only player on a horrible team. He played a position that you can gameplan away from.
2 Michael Brockers:I have warmed up to him more and more the more i see of him. I didn't give him due diligence because I wasn't impressed with him at the start. He is alot more of a violent and physical player then I initially saw and if he can learn to play lower and increase his upper body strength he is going to fit very well.
3 Mark Barron. I know we have 2 2nds the past 2 years at safety but this player has a nose for the ball and a playmaker. Teams will have to always plan for where he is and he will make plays.
4. Stephen Hill. Very raw but could be just what the Eagles need. Big red zone threat and a home run type player that can stretch teams even more with Jackson and Maclin and Celek. I know its a bit of a reach but I would love it.

At 15 I am pretty much sure that Floyd and Cox are gone by then.

Last edited by igglefanz : 04-25-2012 at 05:56 AM.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I have seen alot of Zach Brown and Mychal Kendricks chatter as the pick for WLB, but one that I am really finding interesting is Lavonte David. I know I am one of the few that thinks Matthews deserves another year to try and take the WLB spot but any of those 3 I would find great picks. I have them David, Brown and then Kendricks 1-3 how does everyone else see them?
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm certainly not against bringing in more competition at the LB spots, but if the Eagles feel that he should get another year to win the job, I will understand it as long as we don't waste our earlier picks on a QB who won't see the field or equivalent retardation.

Edit: I'm not a huge Zach Brown fan fan, but Mychal Kendricks is very intriguing, he's one of the LBS I would hope the Eagles are considering with one of their second round picks, if he's available.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 04-25-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I kinda am, not so much that Jerry will come in and **** everything up, but look at your drafts, lots of underachievers and busts (we've had them too, just not as frequently). If it weren't for DeMarcus Ware being a total boss, and finding Romo how you guys did, (or even if one of these didn't happen) where would the Cowboys be right now, D?

Without a good QB (say whatever you want about him not being clutch, Romo is still a good QB), the only real threats on your entire offense (including OL), are Witten, who has lost a step (as much as I hate to say it), Dez, and Murray. Those are solid pieces, yes, but without a QB like Romo, Dez makes even less of an impact when he is able to stay healthy (hopefully Murray can avoid the injury bug, I like him), and Murray becomes the focal point (I'd assume, entering this season). If you guys would have Orton or McGee starting a majority of the season, what is the state of your offense? Do the Cowboys even have a shot at making the playoffs?

Without Ware, your only impact defensive players are Sean Lee, and occasionally Jay Ratliff. Where would your defense be without Ware? Running backwards after more plays than they even do know. Ware himself masks just how terrible your secondary has been, pretty much since he entered the league.

The Cowboys have had some hits, and the ones they hit on they nail down real well (Witten, Murray, Dez, Lee, Ware). Smith could be a hit, I personally haven't seen enough of him to know what track he is on, but outside of that, almost all your other high round picks haven't lived up to expectations or flat out busted. Some of the blame goes to the coaches and scouting department, and some of it goes to Jerry for being a meddling owner.

And If I came into the cowboys thread when someone posted something negative about the Eagles, I'd probably be in there almost every day, lol.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I like Lavonte David a lot, physical player with good speed...but I do like Brown more. Brown is a perfect compliment to what we are going to get from Demeco. I would love nothing more than for us to take Brown in the if he were available. I wouldn't be disappointed with David or Kendricks but I like Brown a slight bit more.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You saved me a bunch of typing Stickwithit1010.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like Lavonte David a lot, physical player with good speed...but I do like Brown more. Brown is a perfect compliment to what we are going to get from Demeco. I would love nothing more than for us to take Brown in the if he were available. I wouldn't be disappointed with David or Kendricks but I like Brown a slight bit more.
I'm not a fan of Brown because he's not a fan of tackling. Thats the last thing we need in our LB corp. Kendricks may be a bit smaller, but he plays like he's got a set of watermelon balls...

Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Oh yeah, we've got an another 7th rounder now... lol. Gonna miss Asante, but he lost his place on the defense with the shift in scheme.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

He lost his place on defense because we signed Nnamdi, traded for DRC, and he was making 9.9 mil this year and even more next. The Falcons are getting one helluva nice player.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.

Final Eagles Mock Draft
1(15)- S Mark Barron, Alabama
2(46)- DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
2(51)- LB Mychal Kendricks, California
3(76)- CB Josh Norman, Coastal California
4(114)- S George Iloka, Boise State
5(153)- WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (FL)
6(172)- LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
6(194)- RB Chris Rainey, Florida
6(200)- LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
7(229)- CB Cliff Harris, Oregon

Lots of talent here. With so many weapons on offense and being deep at O-Line (Even without Peters) I attacked defense hard.
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote