Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jeff Fisher to the Rams

It seems that he's finally made a decision. Peter King reporting it on Twitter and ESPN had it on breaking news.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the "NFC WORST" Mr. Fisher.

Now prepare to get your ass kicked by Harbaugh for years to come.

Last edited by VernonLawson89 : 01-13-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: misspelled
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins sources are speculating the main deal-breaker for Miami is that they wouldn't give him executive vice-president role and final say on all football decisions. Bradford was another factor but not deal-breaker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he finally realizes he has to change with the times. Otherwise enjoy 8-8 seasons, hanging onto veteran players too long, no passing game, and conservative football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Otherwise enjoy 8-8 seasons, hanging onto veteran players too long, no passing game, and conservative football.
Believe me, I'd ******* love some 8-8 seasons.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Believe me, I'd ******* love some 8-8 seasons.
for 10+ years? Believe me, they get old after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great hire, certainly better than trying another young one after 2 failures. Bradford should have no excuses now.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Great hire, certainly better than trying another young one after 2 failures. Bradford should have no excuses now.
Except for having a new OC again
Old 01-13-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? Jeff Fisher doesn't seem like a good fit for Bradford at all. I'd be pissed if I were him.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Fisher will get them out of the top 5 in a year or 2, but I doubt he will be able to stick around long enough. This Rams roster has little talent on both sides of the ball, you basically got Sam Bradford(who tooks a major step backwards) and some decent young DE's. Other than that Fisher will likely look to upgrade/replace a lot of other positions.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I think Fisher will get them out of the top 5 in a year or 2, but I doubt he will be able to stick around long enough. This Rams roster has little talent on both sides of the ball, you basically got Sam Bradford(who tooks a major step backwards) and some decent young DE's. Other than that Fisher will likely look to upgrade/replace a lot of other positions.
They've got a lot to work with from the young guys they brought in the last few years. Just need to figure out which ones can put it together.

I think the OL and Bradford will recover without needing any real changes at those positions They're young and were injured all year. Bradford was without his safety blankets in Amendola and Whosemanure for all and half the year...

Just having an off-season will make this team lightyears better than 2011. They need DBs in the worst way, and they need depth.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final say in executive decisions is never a good thing. I think that was what Bill Cowher was looking for and didn't find it this season so is waiting.

Final say might work for a bit, but it catches up to the coach.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Final say in executive decisions is never a good thing. I think that was what Bill Cowher was looking for and didn't find it this season so is waiting.

Final say might work for a bit, but it catches up to the coach.
I agree. This is going to go badly for the Rams. Fisher is a solid HC, and so is Cowher. But they're both dumb-dumbs, to put it lightly. Neither has what it takes to effectively manage things at the front office level even without having HC responsibilities.

They're not Shanahan, Belichick, Parcells, or Jimmy Johnson. This isn't saying much, but Fisher has a lot more potential in that kind of role than Cowher.

I will say that Fisher has been hosed by his GMs, and that's why he wants that control... But he really just should have looked for a more sane GM situation.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Except for having a new OC again
It didn't hurt with Harbaugh and Alex Smith, Solid HC's get the maximum out of their QB's. I fully expect the Rams to win close to 8 games next year before taking off for the better.
There is more talent on their roster than people think and a San Fran turnaround isn't out of the equation if Bradford comes through.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I agree. This is going to go badly for the Rams. Fisher is a solid HC, and so is Cowher. But they're both dumb-dumbs, to put it lightly. Neither has what it takes to effectively manage things at the front office level even without having HC responsibilities.

They're not Shanahan, Belichick, Parcells, or Jimmy Johnson. This isn't saying much, but Fisher has a lot more potential in that kind of role than Cowher.

I will say that Fisher has been hosed by his GMs, and that's why he wants that control... But he really just should have looked for a more sane GM situation.
And even these guys it caught up with them. Belichick D drafting isn't doing to well.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this rules out Blackmon and ensures they take Kalil, but I was really hoping they took Blackmon. You need some play-makers in this league, and while you need to protect him how many top 5 picks are they going to use on Tackles with trash at WR?

Get your stud WR that can go up and get the ball even when he's covered, and hopefully Kendricks develops properly. They need more help on the line, but the good QB's are supposed to make the line look better then what it is. All that said, my main gripe on Bradford coming out was just that, he needed an all-pro line to look good, if he doesn't have it he'll struggle.

I don't think it's a bad hire though like some people are making it seem. It's not like it's the toughest division in the world. I guess I need to see who they bring in to run the offense first. If they can keep Brandon Lloyd opposite Blackmon, and get a creative offensive mind in there, that should be enough for Bradford to bounce back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Ross sucks at hiring head coaches.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
for 10+ years? Believe me, they get old after a while.
2 of those 8-8 season came because he was forced to use Vince Young. If he didn't it would of been 2 losing seasons.

It sucks for Bradford and the rams. I hope they don't draft Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby and Brandon Jones and make them his main WR's. The Rams better pray that Chuck Cecil does not follow him.

Donnie Nickey is going to make a NFL come back.

Last edited by Complex : 01-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
And even these guys it caught up with them. Belichick D drafting isn't doing to well.
I don't think it has anything to do with the talent he's brought in. It's more the defensive coaching just isn't that great. Also, McCourty was amazing last year and a lot of the defensive guys they've drafted have just plain struggled with injuries (Chung, Ras-I, Spikes, etc.), but have looked really good otherwise. The only guy that's really just shat the bed has been Butler.

BB's also done a nice job of bringing in UDFAs and developing them to the point of high productivity. Sergio Brown, Kyle Arrington, Kyle Love, Dane Fletcher, Gary Guyton...
Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it has anything to do with the talent he's brought in. It's more the defensive coaching just isn't that great. .
Isn't that supposed to be his job though? He's supposed to be a legendary DC to an extent. I mean, his game plan vs the Rams in the SB is in the HOF, and rightfully so. It's not like that defense matched up talent wise, or speed wise with the Rams. Why all of a sudden does all the blame go to whoever is the DC and not him?

If the defensive coaching isn't that great, that is pointing the finger right at him.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lloyd and Blackmon are going to make a lethal combo for Bradford. Rams are going to see a good improvement if they can keep Sammy up right next season.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Isn't that supposed to be his job though? He's supposed to be a legendary DC to an extent. I mean, his game plan vs the Rams in the SB is in the HOF, and rightfully so. It's not like that defense matched up talent wise, or speed wise with the Rams. Why all of a sudden does all the blame go to whoever is the DC and not him?

If the defensive coaching isn't that great, that is pointing the finger right at him.
He's the head coach, not a position coach or the defensive coordinator. His gameplans are still brilliant, but the execution just isn't there. I think Patricia does a solid job calling plays, but he's no Crennel or Mangini.

Romeo Crennel played a huge role in communicating Belichick's complicated schemes to players in a very simple format. Players just go after it for him because they loved him and they understood what was needed. Also, having a team full of veterans helped quite a bit.

Mangini demanded excellence of execution. Players got after it for him because they feared for their jobs and once they saw that Mangini knew what he was talking about, they respected him.

Players neither love nor fear Patricia to the point that they get dialed in like Crennel's and Mangini's defenses did. They're just kind of "meh".
Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

BB has had his coaching staffs decimated by other teams including his management team. It is bound to effect the continuity of his teams and made it much more difficult to maintain success.
While I agree that his drafting may be questioned recently, nevertheless, 13-3 isn't bad IMO.

Fisher has enough experience IMO, to handle the twin duties as long as he isn't too one sided toward the now and can balance the future with immediate needs.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
He's the head coach, not a position coach or the defensive coordinator. His gameplans are still brilliant, but the execution just isn't there. I think Patricia does a solid job calling plays, but he's no Crennel or Mangini.

Romeo Crennel played a huge role in communicating Belichick's complicated schemes to players in a very simple format. Players just go after it for him because they loved him and they understood what was needed. Also, having a team full of veterans helped quite a bit.

Mangini demanded excellence of execution. Players got after it for him because they feared for their jobs and once they saw that Mangini knew what he was talking about, they respected him.

Players neither love nor fear Patricia to the point that they get dialed in like Crennel's and Mangini's defenses did. They're just kind of "meh".

All of this may be true. But as you said, he's not a position coach, he's the head coach, and his area of expertise is the defensive side of the ball. It's one thing to not have an elite unit, but what they have been doing this year is pretty embarrassing for a guy who has a pretty extensive background on that side of the ball.

It's not like were talking about Mike Martz, whose sole focus is run up the score, and he has no clue what's going on over there. Whether it's drafting, scouting, picking the coordinators, he's still in charge of that and he overseas everything. He's not above blame because he's Bill Belicheck. Wouldn't work any different for anyone else in the league.

Quote:
BB has had his coaching staffs decimated by other teams including his management team. It is bound to effect the continuity of his teams and made it much more difficult to maintain success.
While I agree that his drafting may be questioned recently, nevertheless, 13-3 isn't bad IMO.
I really don't want to discredit Bill, but when you have Tom Brady upright, in his prime, 10 wins minimum is sort of expected. Alot of seasons both guys had a lot to do with the succes, but without Brady playing out of his mind the Pats dont win 9 games this season IMO.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought Fisher would go to the Dolphins. Especially since Fisher already went through the entire circus of a franchise moving with the Oilers becoming the Titans. But maybe the speculation that the Rams could be moving in the coming years is just fabricated.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote