Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
No they don't
How can you say Kendricks and Pettis are awful? they've played one year. Not everyone comes out of college and has success right away. Kendricks had concentration issues, he was still a very good blocker and was still getting open down field.

And what does it matter if Amendola and Salas are just slot receivers? they're still good players who you can build around. And has Steven shown you any signs of slowing down? He still has 2-3 maybe 4 years of 1,000+ yards rushing IMO.

But you not even knowing who Darian Stewart is tells me all I need to know.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Holt_Bruce u and ur silly logic. Its common knowledge everyone on a 2-14 team sucks...sarcasm smiley here.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have a lot to work with, they've just had a ton of bad luck with injuries.

Why are people arguing over Lance Kendricks? He's their #2 TE behind Whosemanure. And with Whosemanure and Amendola healthy, the passing game is instantly improved tenfold because those guys get open in the short and intermediate areas of the field and Bradford looks for them when everything else seems murky.

At WR, they have a bunch of guys with potential to bust out. Pettis, Salas, DX, and Mark Clayton (who had very good chemistry with Bradford before being hit with the injury bug) are nice outside targets to take advantage of what Amendola and Whosemanure are doing to get one-on-one coverage on the outsides.

The Rams should not be concerned with Steven Jackson's contract. He's at that age that tricks teams into thinking he can go another 5-6 years. He won't. The guy already struggles with injuries now, what happens in a couple years? They should be looking for a legit guy to back up Steven Jackson and be an option for when Jackson leaves. You don't keep runningbacks in the NFL unless they're utility guys that are cheap like Mewelde Moore and Kevin Faulk.

Along the offensive line, I think they're a talented group that just had issues with a new system and none of them being healthy.

The team just needs a good off-season of development on the offensive side of the ball. On the defensive side, they have an obvious lack of talent at all 3 levels. That should be their main focus in the draft.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this increase the chances of Matt Kalil being the pick for St. Louis?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it increases the chances of Trent Richardson being the pick. Seriously though, I don't think this influences the Rams draft in any obvious way.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Rams have lots of talent, they just need to stay healthy and fill in a few holes.

These are players you can build around:

WR- Amendola
WR-DX
WR-Salas
WR-Pettis

This is why I love this forum. Here this whole time I was under the impression that the Rams needed WR help, little did I know they already had 4 WR's you can build around. Learning new things everyday. /sarcasm

This is actually sig quote worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Oh Gee maybe the fact Fisher had the choice of the Dolphins and Rams.....
I think Chad Henne's days as a starter in Miami are done regardless if Fisher decided to take the job or not.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is why I love this forum. Here this whole time I was under the impression that the Rams needed WR help, little did I know they already had 4 WR's you can build around. Learning new things everyday. /sarcasm

Eh... Really don't know what they have with Pettis or Salas yet. They both put up almost identical stats as rookies with no off-season in an offense that was riddled with injuries and just wasn't good. We've seen that DX is capable of putting up massive numbers if he's not injured...but it's really hard for him to get/stay on the field.

I think the team can easily get by in the passing game with a healthy Amendola and a healthy Whosemanure. Those are the key guys for Bradford. With those two and Kendricks in place, they just need guys who can make plays on the outside... Which they have with a healthy Alexander and at least one of Pettis and Salas developing in the off-season.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Nobody said they are all stars. They are good young WR's. The Rams lack the #1 elite go-to WR that defenses have to focus on. This will open up the field for everybody else. They actually lack a #1 and a #2 WR. If they re-sign Lloyd, he would fill the #2. Salas and Amendola are slot WR's and DX is a 3rd down and RZ guy. Pettis is good for 3 and 4 WR sets.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Nobody said they are all stars. They are good young WR's. The Rams lack the #1 elite go-to WR that defenses have to focus on. This will open up the field for everybody else. They actually lack a #1 and a #2 WR. If they re-sign Lloyd, he would fill the #2. Salas and Amendola are slot WR's and DX is a 3rd down and RZ guy. Pettis is good for 3 and 4 WR sets.
So they lack a #1 and #2 WR but can build around a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's. I never heard of a team building around their 3rd and 4th WR's but more power to you guys I guess.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Rams have solid to good WRs that fill the roles you need. They don't have a #1, but they have a few guys that could be the #2 outside guy. Amendola is a beast in the slot, especially with Bradford.

I'd be more interested in Claiborne or Kirkpatrick than a WR if I'm the Rams, though. FA is more the way to go for them since they already have a ton of young receivers.

Brandon Lloyd is gone. He's going to New England with almost 100% certainty.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So they lack a #1 and #2 WR but can build around a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's. I never heard of a team building around their 3rd and 4th WR's but more power to you guys I guess.

You have to start somewhere. It wouldn't be bad having Salas, Pettis and DX as your 3's and 4's. A true #1 would go a long way. I wasn't really saying they WERE the building blocks, just players you can build around. Remember, they are rookies. Salas showed he can play. Kendricks showed flashes on what he can do. He could be the same type of player as Hernandez. Kendricks is too fast for LB's and too big for safeties to cover. He's the perfect hybrid in today's NFL. I am not going to hold a few drops against him since he a rookie on a really bad team.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only hope the Rams "build" around a bunch of 3s and 4s

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

With the cap room the Rams have, I would rather see them go after a WR in FA. Somebody like Colston, Bowe or VJ. Also, don't discount Lloyd coming back. He seemed to like it here and could be a go to guy, which is important to a WR. Pair him up with a Colston, Bowe or VJ and Lloyd would be great.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Fisher is interested in hiring former Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. On Friday, Schottenheimer interviewed with Saban for the offensive coordinator position in Alaba
Brian Schottenheimer could join the Rams

Link

Nice Hire, Jeff Fisher, Schotty and maybe Chuck Cecil. I wish we kept Jeff now.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Link

Nice Hire, Jeff Fisher, Schotty and maybe Chuck Cecil. I wish we kept Jeff now.
May god have mercy on Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford's soul if Schottenheimer is OC.

Schottenheimer defies logic in each and every game. The games you expect to run first(NYG game), and he has the QB throwing 45+(Or in this case vs NYG, almost 60) times and the games you want to attack through the air(NE games) and he begins to establish a running game.

He is just so, so bad.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Link
this made me lol

Nalej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

DC Gregg Williams is joining Fisher.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Does this increase the chances of Matt Kalil being the pick for St. Louis?
Matt Kalil has to be the pick unless some team trades up for RG3.

Then Kalil will probably be the 3rd pick and the Rams will try to target Justin Blackmon.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cleveland trades up for #2 and StL ends up with the Browns two first rounders. Blackmon at #4 and BPA at #22 would be a good way to start things off.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, can Schotty improve Bradford to the Matt Moore level or will he take him to new lows?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Hmmm, can Schotty improve Bradford to the Matt Moore level or will he take him to new lows?

Not if the Rams oline doesn't block or the WR's can't get open or catch passes.