Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default John Fox 2003 Carolina Panthers/2011 Denver Broncos

I was thinking about the Denver Broncos going to New England on Saturday night and a few things are very similar to John Fox's 2003 Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Team that played New England and lost by a FG in that game.

1. His Panthers had a strong rushing game with a very good defense along with having to replace a starting QB during the season.

2. His replacement QB came back from more than 2 TD's in the 4th quarter to win their first games of the season. Delhomme: 17-0, Tebow 15-0.

3. Three Overtime wins during the season.

4. A same score: 29-23 Overtime playoffs win (that one was a double overtime which a 69 yard TD pass happened on the very first play of the second Overtime period, the 80 yarder yesterday came on the first play of Overtime). That rare "29" score came up in 3 out of their 4 playoff games and I think it's his fifth playoff game his team had a score of "29".

5. Seven victories when trailing or tied in the 4th Quarter.

That 2003 Panthers team was 11-5 though. Are the 2011 Broncos a better team on offense/defense? Are the 2011 Patriots more deadly than their 2003 Super Bowl team? I think the Pats had a better defense in 2003 at least.
Mike Evans #13 ROTY
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you are saying they are going to lose to the Patriots.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2003 Panthers are a much better team than the 2011 8-8 Broncos and it's not even close.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 2003 Panthers are a much better team than the 2011 8-8 Broncos and it's not even close.
I don't totally agree. The Broncos have a solid running attack and Miller as a rookie, shows signs of HoF talent.
What is different, is that the Broncos face NE while their were few good NFC teams in 2003. They completely lucked out again a totally decemated Pittsburgh team just full of injuries.
I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 2 teams.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers were solid on both sides of the ball. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker on the D-Line. Morgan and Witherspoon at LB. Minter, Manning and Deon Grant at Saftey. They had a really solid defense. Stephen Davis had over 1400 yds rushing with Foster and Goings as backups. Steve Smith was just reaching his prime and has Moose alonside him. I would take the Panthers imo especially on offense.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox is just a boss regardless. God I love him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
John Fox is just a boss regardless. God I love him
Me too. I'm a huge fan. I said when Carolina let him go that he was going to have a quick turnaround wherever he went. He's such a great motivator and defensive guy.

I'd take that Panthers team over these Broncos though, by a significant margin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash28Dash34 View Post
The Panthers were solid on both sides of the ball. Peppers, Jenkins and Rucker on the D-Line. Morgan and Witherspoon at LB. Minter, Manning and Deon Grant at Saftey. They had a really solid defense. Stephen Davis had over 1400 yds rushing with Foster and Goings as backups. Steve Smith was just reaching his prime and has Moose alonside him. I would take the Panthers imo especially on offense.
That team was very well balanced on both sides of the ball. A great team that took the Patriots down to the wire.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris ************* Jenkins was absolutely dominant. I love Doom and Miller but they're not close to what Jenkins did that year, ignoring Peppers and Rucker 's seasons coming off of his edge.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Me too. I'm a huge fan. I said when Carolina let him go that he was going to have a quick turnaround wherever he went. He's such a great motivator and defensive guy.

I'd take that Panthers team over these Broncos though, by a significant margin.
My dad is still sad the Giants let him walk and hired Coughlin.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Kris ************* Jenkins was absolutely dominant. I love Doom and Miller but they're not close to what Jenkins did that year, ignoring Peppers and Rucker 's seasons coming off of his edge.
Remember when Brentson Buckner got famous for, like, two weeks?
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the difference is the vast majority of america doesnt believe in cajun voodoo