Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Luck or Griffin a Bust?

Right now, NFL draft fans have had a remarkable 2-year run on QBs this year and last year.

It's looking like there could be more than 4 franchise QBs in last year's draft, plus at least another 2 more this year with the "can't miss" prospects of Luck and Griffin. (Along with a few other decent prospects).

Obviously Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are already looking like they have a great future ahead of them, with good play in limited time from Christian Ponder and Jake Locker.

My point is that are we entering a short era of good QBs with very few busts? I'm willing to consider Gabbert a bust already, although he certainly has plenty of time to prove me wrong.

History of the draft has around half (1/3 at the very least) of 1st round QBs as busts or less than average. Last years class surprised me and a lot of people, as I don't think many fans thought it was such a great class. This class is considered by some to be one of the best classes of the decade, but it will surely be near impossible to match last years.

So, I'm wondering if either Luck or Griffin ends up being a bust? Personally, I don't think they will, as do almost everyone else. Luck would have been the best prospect last year, and Griffin would be right behind or tied with Cam Newton imo. Add Barkley and Wilson (a bit lower) next year and you've got a great run of QB prospects now.

I think it's possible both top QBs work out as there really hasn't been too many great QBs before last year (jury still out on Bradford and Freeman, and I think Sanchez is near his end this year or next with the Jets).

Sorry for the long rant, but here's my question... What are the chances one of these top two QBs bust? Both Griffin and Luck aren't showing the laziness of JaMarcus Russel, or the lack of ability like a Brady Quinn, but hindsight obviously trumps guessing games. The prospects are better prospects than Bradford, Freeman, or Sanchez ever were, so is it just an amazing run on QBs? Or will Luck fool us all and become the next Ryan Leaf?

PS: I know a lot of people like this draft class over most, if not all of the past decade; but I see it being too top heavy. I'm not sold on any QBs past Griffin and don't see any of the 2nd-3rd teir being quality starting QBs, except maybe Foles of Arizona.

Last edited by stl705 : 01-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Andrew Luck won't bust. Aside from the athletic types, he's the best college quarterback I have ever seen.

RG3, I have some questions about... But I'm fairly confident that if a team works around him, rather than trying to change him.. He'll have a lot of success.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think RG3s success is going to be determined by where he goes....cleveland could be the kiss of death to his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think RG3s success is going to be determined by where he goes....cleveland could be the kiss of death to his career
Based on what?

We have the best left tackle in the game, a good center/left guard, a good running back if we keep Hillis, another first round pick to draft one of the many wide receivers, a huge free agency class to bring some more talent in, one of the best pass defenses in the league.

Cleveland could be a 7 or 8 win team next year, QB was our biggest weakness and Heckertt already said he plans on loading this team up with playmakers this offseason... Not to mention we have the cap to do it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

Luck could be a "bust" just because of the preposterous hype behind him. If he ends up more Matt Ryan than Peyton Manning, the Colts will be kicking themselves for not taking the mother load of picks.

Griffin could easily be a bust just because he's going to have to transition to an NFL style offense.

I don't think either will, just saying that it's very possible with any prospect, even the safe ones.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Luck could be a "bust" just because of the preposterous hype behind him. If he ends up more Matt Ryan than Peyton Manning, the Colts will be kicking themselves for not taking the mother load of picks.

Griffin could easily be a bust just because he's going to have to transition to an NFL style offense.

I don't think either will, just saying that it's very possible with any prospect, even the safe ones.
Cam Newton showed that the transition thing is overblown. I think the team needs to transition to Griffin if they want him to be a franchise QB for them. Even still, I think Griffin can be a legit no-gimmick, WCO QB in a couple years.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck can't be a bust. He was sent down from the heavens to play football and dominate. Andrew Luck is the Spartacus of Football.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Based on what?

We have the best left tackle in the game, a good center/left guard, a good running back if we keep Hillis, another first round pick to draft one of the many wide receivers, a huge free agency class to bring some more talent in, one of the best pass defenses in the league.

Cleveland could be a 7 or 8 win team next year, QB was our biggest weakness and Heckertt already said he plans on loading this team up with playmakers this offseason... Not to mention we have the cap to do it.
based on history i suppose...not saying he cant be good there, they have some good pieces but i havent seen a QB do well in cleveland since....ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team is careful with Griffin and treats him a bit like the Panthers have with Newton i think he will be a star. If hes forced the make tons of reads and play in a pro style offense right away he could end up a bust.

Luck could bust if he doesnt live up to the hype but i dont see how he wont be a starting QB for a long time. Even if hes not Peyton Manning 2.0

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB's aren't busting because it's so freakin easy to play qb in the NFL right now. You can't hit em. Some refs don't let you breathe on them. Can't touch their receivers. Yet, those 6'4" 220lb receivers are allowed to push off routinely and were suction cups as gloves. Do I sound like a frustrated defensive guy?
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
QB's aren't busting because it's so freakin easy to play qb in the NFL right now. You can't hit em. Some refs don't let you breathe on them. Can't touch their receivers. Yet, those 6'4" 220lb receivers are allowed to push off routinely and were suction cups as gloves. Do I sound like a frustrated defensive guy?
Blaine Gabbert..

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right that in the new NFL young QB's aren't crashing and burning like they used to. However the bar has been raised and the expectations for QB's are higher than ever as they should be.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Luck busts and i mean completely and totally busts (meaning he is out of the league in three years, barring injury)....then It proves that this whole scouting thing is a complete and utter crap shoot. That mere mortals shouldn't even attempt to analyze on any rational level.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Blaine Gabbert..
Ha! There is an exception to every rule. Give him time though. Maybe he's one of those old school qb's who sucked their rookie year.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Ha! There is an exception to every rule. Give him time though. Maybe he's one of those old school qb's who sucked their rookie year.
I wouldn't count on it haha
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a team is careful with Griffin and treats him a bit like the Panthers have with Newton i think he will be a star. If hes forced the make tons of reads and play in a pro style offense right away he could end up a bust.

Luck could bust if he doesnt live up to the hype but i dont see how he wont be a starting QB for a long time. Even if hes not Peyton Manning 2.0
I think on the low end Luck will be a Matt Ryan type. I'd reserve the bust label for guys like David Carr, Joey Harrinton and Akile Smith.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

I agree that both need to be with a good coach or they could be toast. I don't necessarily see a 3 year and done type of bust with Luck (actually I don't think he'll be a bust at all, but for arguments sake), but possibly a journeyman QB wpuld certainly be considered a bust considering the amount of value the Colts could get in return for the 1st pick.

I think we all forget that the last "can't miss QB" was Eli Manning, who before he won the Superbowl really struggled and could have been considered a near bust his first few seasons. The last "can't miss" QB prospects before that were his brother Peyton and Ryan Leaf haha. Although Luck is getting a lot more hype than any QB in history (new-age social media has a big part in this I believe), certainly no QB is immune to failing. Both these QBs are real smart kids and I think it can be a 04 type of draft with each of the top guys developing into franchise QBs, with this group a little higher potential to hit the superstar plateau of Brady/Brees/Manning/Rodgers.

I think the real crapshoot comes after these two. There will likely be at least 1 other QB in the first (Tannehill), and possibly another one or two in the 1st simply because of the nature of the position. This is where I think teams can get hurt if they reach for Tannehill in the top 15 or some other QB in the first.

Edit: As I talk about the "superstar" 4 quarterbacks, its really interesting that only 1 was considered a superstar QB prospect... Only Manning. Rodgers was almost the #1 pick he came out (I liked him more than Alex Smith), but he still wasn't the Elite prospect and was more in the mold of Sam Bradford.

Last edited by stl705 : 01-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think on the low end Luck will be a Matt Ryan type. I'd reserve the bust label for guys like David Carr, Joey Harrinton and Akile Smith.
But if you think you're getting Peyton Manning but instead you get Matt Ryan it has to go down as a horrible pick!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post
I agree that both need to be with a good coach or they could be toast. I don't necessarily see a 3 year and done type of bust with Luck (actually I don't think he'll be a bust at all, but for arguments sake), but possibly a journeyman QB wpuld certainly be considered a bust considering the amount of value the Colts could get in return for the 1st pick.

I think we all forget that the last "can't miss QB" was Eli Manning, who before he won the Superbowl really struggled and could have been considered a near bust his first few seasons. The last "can't miss" QB prospects before that were his brother Peyton and Ryan Leaf haha. Although Luck is getting a lot more hype than any QB in history (new-age social media has a big part in this I believe), certainly no QB is immune to failing. Both these QBs are real smart kids and I think it can be a 04 type of draft with each of the top guys developing into franchise QBs, with this group a little higher potential to hit the superstar plateau of Brady/Brees/Manning/Rodgers.

I think the real crapshoot comes after these two. There will likely be at least 1 other QB in the first (Tannehill), and possibly another one or two in the 1st simply because of the nature of the position. This is where I think teams can get hurt if they reach for Tannehill in the top 15 or some other QB in the first.

Edit: As I talk about the "superstar" 4 quarterbacks, its really interesting that only 1 was considered a superstar QB prospect... Only Manning. Rodgers was almost the #1 pick he came out (I liked him more than Alex Smith), but he still wasn't the Elite prospect and was more in the mold of Sam Bradford.
And then you look at the names of QB's taken 1st and its just an average sight. Palmer, Manning, Ryan, Bradford etc... It shows that QB is a lot more than just physical tools. You have to be the hardest working player on the team.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

@Superpacker:

I agree, although noone can argue how smart these two top guys are. A degree from Stanford speaks for itself, and RG3 is rumored to be one of the smartest guys on the Baylor team. Both also handle themselves extremely well (especially RG3 because he's had a bit more air-time this past year).

I think that the smarts both these QBs exhibit will be what allows them to succeed at the next level. Some people may have argued how smart Cam Newton was, but the kid never said the wrong things, and I think that certainly shows a level of intelligence and maturity.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blaine Gabbert..
Gabbert's biggest weakness is he is scared of being hit. You watch him and if there is even the slightest chance that the pocket could possibly get clogged within the next five seconds, he pisses himself and curls up into the fetal position. The funny thing is, he shouldn't be afraid of being hit because defenders aren't allowed to hit QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think either would bust. Luck will have a Matt Ryan esque type of first few years in the league, which is solid, but people will scrutinize him to death and wonder why he hasnt won a SB yet.

Griffins will be a guy who I think will put up great stats, but the team he will play for will suck and he wont have a good winning record.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hiesman trophy winners are proven to bust. But Tebow looking like he is going to break it. Only reason I didn't want Griffin to win it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
Griffins will be a guy who I think will put up great stats, but the team he will play for will suck and he wont have a good winning record.
You're just saying that because the same thing has happened with Cam Newton. Just cus they are both black athletic quarterbacks it dont mean their careers will take the same path.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post
@Superpacker:

I agree, although noone can argue how smart these two top guys are. A degree from Stanford speaks for itself, and RG3 is rumored to be one of the smartest guys on the Baylor team. Both also handle themselves extremely well (especially RG3 because he's had a bit more air-time this past year).

I think that the smarts both these QBs exhibit will be what allows them to succeed at the next level. Some people may have argued how smart Cam Newton was, but the kid never said the wrong things, and I think that certainly shows a level of intelligence and maturity.
I think this is the Reason both QB's will be Great. You can measure the Height,Weight,Arm Strength but you can never know how a guy will do Mentally or if they have the Drive and Work Ethics to be Great. I think this is what Separates them from any QB Bust.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote