Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-13-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kendall Wright's Stock is On Fire

@tonypauline Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams.

Pauline wrote an article, but it's for another draft site, yada, yada, yada.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 01-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He should be thanking RG3 big time, because Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffrey are better talents.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright is gonna be a beast!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me a lot of Mike Wallace.

He's not better than Blackmon though.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
He should be thanking RG3 big time, because Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffrey are better talents.
Agreed 100%. While I like Wright and have him as a late first/early second kind of guy, I'd have Blackmon, Floyd and Jeffery rated ahead of him with little question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Blackmon ahead of him but Floyd and Jeffery are close. Floyd has the character concerns but other than that i think hes gonna be an elite receiver. Jeffery is hard to project because he has the size and ball skills, but his speed is questionable and i really question how much he cares. I think he could bust very easily.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's my favorite receiver in this draft class :shrug: Titus Young and Randall Cobb both went in the 2nd last year, and I think Wright's a much better player than either of them.

With the rules changes, I don't think teams will shy away from smaller receivers as much. Not after the success of guys like Jennings, Steve Smith, the Pittsburgh duo...
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see this because Wright has a skill set that separates him from the other top WR's in this class. There are a number of 6'1-6'3 210-225 type guys with good hands who run pretty well but aren't overly fast or dynamic (Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Randle, Sanu, Jones, etc). Kendall's explosiveness really sets him apart from the rest and speed is the trump card in today's NFL. I think Kendall's stock is just as much if not more about Victor Cruz's, Steve Smith's and Antonio Brown's success than it about RG3's success.

edit: yf...I mean DraftSavant beat me to it with the last part.

Last edited by TACKLE : 01-13-2012 at 06:18 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I could see this because Wright has a skill set that separates him from the other top WR's in this class. There are a number of 6'3-6'1 210-225 type guys with good hands who run pretty well but aren't overly fast or dynamic (Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Randle, Sanu, Jones, etc). Kendall's explosiveness really sets him apart from the rest and speed is the trump card in today's NFL. I think Kendall's stock is probably more of a product of Victor Cruz, Steve Smith and Antonio Brown than it about RG3's success this year.
Get out of my head.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'll take Blackmon ahead of him but Floyd and Jeffery are close. Floyd has the character concerns but other than that i think hes gonna be an elite receiver. Jeffery is hard to project because he has the size and ball skills, but his speed is questionable and i really question how much he cares. I think he could bust very easily.
I agree to a certain extent, but honestly Floyd's history is a non factor to me. He's going to have a Jordy Nelson impact on the game, Jeffery on the other hand I'm a little more skeptical of, but I think a receiver needy team in the later part of the first round will trust him.

Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery all come across as guys who can produce regardless of who's throwing the football, I can't say the same thing about Wright.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. I'm with you guys on the speed being a more valuable commodity with the type of receivers at the top end of this class, but I just don't see him being the top guy available. I'm notoriously not a big small receiver guy though, so it might just be me...but I can't see him winning battles at the line of scrimmage against press all that often. I think he's probably better as an inside receiver in the NFL and that's not the type of guy I look for when I'm looking at a top receiver.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Wright a whole ton and I could easily see him putting up some thousand yard type years with good big play ability. I just like some other guys a whole lot more. This is a pretty damn good receiver class, actually.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Hmm. I'm with you guys on the speed being a more valuable commodity with the type of receivers at the top end of this class, but I just don't see him being the top guy available. I'm notoriously not a big small receiver guy though, so it might just be me...but I can't see him winning battles at the line of scrimmage against press all that often. I think he's probably better as an inside receiver in the NFL and that's not the type of guy I look for when I'm looking at a top receiver.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Wright a whole ton and I could easily see him putting up some thousand yard type years with good big play ability. I just like some other guys a whole lot more. This is a pretty damn good receiver class, actually.
I agree.

Is he Santana Moss or is he Steve Smith? If the later, I'll take him.. Otherwise give me the big guys.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

It's a good year to need receivers, period. The FA class could be loaded as well - with big, contested catch WRs like there are in the draft.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html

Reggie Wayne, Colston, and Vincent Jackson I think all make it to free agency.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 01-13-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

One scenario i love, i mean, cant get over type of love! Browns get Robert Griffin at 4 and then somehow get Kendall Wright in mid first round. OMG im in love with this scenario!

They fill their two biggest needs with two of the most explosive players in the draft who played together in college and thrived of each others games.

Wow i want this to happen so bad!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
It's a good year to need receivers, period. The FA class could be loaded as well.
Yeah, I was talking about that a bit on the Patriots team board today. I'm actually wondering if some of that will drive down the value of some of these draft eligible guys. There's a possibility some real big names and useful players change jerseys this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ted Ginn Jr. = #9 overall, then nothing is out of the realm of possibility for Wright. Ginn was a playmaker in college, but much more raw than Wright. Harvin would've went top 10 as well if not for character and injury issues, and Wright is very similar to Harvin. I was really hoping Wright would fall into the Browns' laps at 22 overall, though I've been mocking him consistently in the 15-20 range for a couple months now, and it looks like that may even be too low. The success of Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin, Greg Jennings, and Desean Jackson in the NFL is going to really boost Wright's stock.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as that means Michael Floyd is in NE, I don't care.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
No chance Floyd falls to the Patriots! You could trade up to get him but i doubt that happens.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No chance Floyd falls to the Patriots! You could trade up to get him but i doubt that happens.
4 WRs in the first round isn't happening.

If Kendall Wright is really a few teams #1 WR (over blackmon), then blackmon is #2. #3 would be a toss up between Floyd and Jeffery.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Quote:
Only WR with any chance at hitting the Pats is Jeffery if he has a poor combine, otherwise it's Sanu/Jones/Fuller/Toon/etc
Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

If Kendall Wright is really a few teams #1 WR (over blackmon), then blackmon is #2. #3 would be a toss up between Floyd and Jeffery.
Why not? (10)

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why not? (10)
I'm not sure either. This is a very deep WR class much like '09 where we saw 6 go in the first. Actually, I'd be surprised if 4 aren't taken in the first this year as it stands now.

Last edited by TACKLE : 01-13-2012 at 08:13 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright I think are long gone by the Patriots picks. Sanu and Jeffery both have a good shot at round one though (esp. Sanu imo). Patriots are really hurting in the passing game though...........NOT!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Come to SF Kendall...cmon..
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I could see this because Wright has a skill set that separates him from the other top WR's in this class. There are a number of 6'1-6'3 210-225 type guys with good hands who run pretty well but aren't overly fast or dynamic (Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Randle, Sanu, Jones, etc). Kendall's explosiveness really sets him apart from the rest and speed is the trump card in today's NFL. I think Kendall's stock is just as much if not more about Victor Cruz's, Steve Smith's and Antonio Brown's success than it about RG3's success.

edit: yf...I mean DraftSavant beat me to it with the last part.
Cruz has 1" - 2" and 20lbs on those other 2.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote