Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were the Jets... I'd give up a first in a heartbeat
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I cant think of a team that wouldn't gladly give up a 1st for Mario Williams.

What a stupid discussion.
As a Ravens fan... I would light someone on fire if we traded for Mario Williams.

Not taking anything away form him... just would be pissed if we took him onto the cap with the other needs we have.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If I were the Jets... I'd give up a first in a heartbeat
Would have to sign him to a long term deal. Jets really can't afford that.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Eagles as an extension of their FA activity last year - assuming they move on from Washburn's "sacks at all costs" approach and let Mario play a more rounded role at DE.

The Texans would probably rather just tag and keep him though. Their window is open now so I don't know if they'd rather picks over a pro bowl defender, regardless of how good they were without him. We talk about which team wouldn't want Mario, and the Texans are just like any other - they can effectively 'acquire' Mario for the 2012 season by just keeping him.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can be Cleveland's Reggie White. Go make it happen Holmgren.

Mario Williams: "hello"
Mike Holmgren: "Hey Mario, Mike Holmgren from the Cleveland Browns"
MW: "?"
MH: "Have you ever heard of Reggie White?"

yeah, let's do it.

Williams opposite Shread who was playing great along with uncle Phil and Rubin in the middle.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After thinking about it the Browns would be a perfect place for him to land. The 22nd ATL pick and a 3rd rounder for Williams and with the 4th pick RG3 and Browns fans go nuts!

Shread, Taylor, Rubin and Williams would be just down right nasty!
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
FLYNN for MARIO?
Tag & Trade...

Schaub was never as good as Matty Flynn.
Then trade Schaub to Seattle for a high pick.
Every time you ******* post I think the human race gets slightly dumber.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Tag and trade for a good 1st rounder, at least? It's gotta be tempting.

Just not sure what they'd do with it - the Texans are pretty much set at QB and RB. The OL seems solid. Maybe another WR to compliment AJ and to try and transition the #1 WR role smoothly in the future? Or a DB?

I think this would be the ideal move. Jacoby is a disappointment who'll never develop into anything more then he is, Walters is below average and declining at that, and AJ is prone to get nicked up, that and he's approaching the wrong side of 30.

I think it would make a ton of sense to get them a future #1 right now while he isn't expected to carry that role now, especially for a team who likes to throw the ball. Makes them much harder to defend. Not sure they do it with their original 1st, but with an extra 1 to play with for Mario it'd be very smart.

I think they are good enough to coup a nice return for Mario, they don't really need him and he's still pretty valuable. Though thinking about Mario Williams on a team like Detroit who could boast a line of Mario - Suh - Fairley - Avril makes me shudder. Mario has a lot left in the tank and a ton of teams would be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm almost thinking it might make sense for the Texans to start developing a QB for the future.

You mean, kinda like what they have already started doing, with Yates? That's kinda the concept ya know? Draft a QB in the middle rounds, and take your time with him. Seeing as how Yates has already gotten valuable starting time as a rookie, won a playoff game, and showed some flashes of a good QB with nice athleticism, what is the point of doing that all over again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 01-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Maybe the Eagles as an extension of their FA activity last year - assuming they move on from Washburn's "sacks at all costs" approach and let Mario play a more rounded role at DE.

The Texans would probably rather just tag and keep him though. Their window is open now so I don't know if they'd rather picks over a pro bowl defender, regardless of how good they were without him. We talk about which team wouldn't want Mario, and the Texans are just like any other - they can effectively 'acquire' Mario for the 2012 season by just keeping him.
As much as I would love it, I cant see it happening....even with the talks of Washburn leaving...He will cost a pretty penny and I would have to think we may have to cut back for a year or 2 on our spending lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade is never going to happen this off season IMO. The Texans are a legit Super Bowl contender if Schaub is playing during the playoffs, you don't trade established elite veterans for unproven rookies after your franchise's first ever season making the playoffs. I could get behind moving Williams for another veteran at a position of need, but I'm not really sure what that would be for the Texans now that their defense appears to be good. I think I'd just appreciate the scheme flexibility that Williams offers them and the depth that a healthy Williams provides them up front on defense.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles could be a good fit, I guess.

Swap DeSean and a 1st for Williams and a later pick. Maybe add another mediocre player for Houston to receive.

In any case, I think they keep him. Being able to rotate Williams, Reed, and Barwin would be great.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
This trade is never going to happen this off season IMO. The Texans are a legit Super Bowl contender if Schaub is playing during the playoffs, you don't trade established elite veterans for unproven rookies after your franchise's first ever season making the playoffs. I could get behind moving Williams for another veteran at a position of need, but I'm not really sure what that would be for the Texans now that their defense appears to be good. I think I'd just appreciate the scheme flexibility that Williams offers them and the depth that a healthy Williams provides them up front on defense.
The reason why this is a possible scenario is because the Texans have shown that they're contenders without Mario Williams. They were a top five defense in the league without him for 11 games, that just goes to show that they have a talented bunch of players. Do you really wanna sink the $80+ million it's gonna take to re-sign him when they've seen how good they can be even without him..? Or do they say "hey, we really don't need this guy as much as we thought, and he has been injury prone, why don't we flip him for another first rounder?". I would not be surprised at all if they did, honestly.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
He can be Cleveland's Reggie White. Go make it happen Holmgren.

Mario Williams: "hello"
Mike Holmgren: "Hey Mario, Mike Holmgren from the Cleveland Browns"
MW: "Click"
MH: "Why did you just say "click"?"
*MW hangs up the phone*
Fixed that phone conversation for you.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another issue that I have is that the Texans defense has only been good for one year. If you look at their schedule, they played a collection of some of the least impressive offensive teams in the league. The Saints were the only really good offensive team they played and the Saints put up 40 on them. Personally I'd like to see the Texans put another year together of good-great defense where they don't play against the AFC North. I'm not going to say their defense wasn't good this year because it was, but they weren't exactly tested very much with the teams that they played. Give it another year with Mario tagged and see if they can build on the first non-terrible defensive year the Texans have ever had.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people think that the Texans are going to be consistent superbowl contenders for the future?

Even if the Colts ship Peyton away and start over with Luck, I highly doubt they'll be two free wins every year. The Texans played pretty well but still had a super soft division and I'm not sure that they'll be able to maintain that success.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Why do people think that the Texans are going to be consistent superbowl contenders for the future?

Even if the Colts ship Peyton away and start over with Luck, I highly doubt they'll be two free wins every year. The Texans played pretty well but still had a super soft division and I'm not sure that they'll be able to maintain that success.

Try to make a case for them to 'not' be a consistent SB contender. It's much tougher to do then the latter. You make it seem like this is some old team who is in their last window. The Jags, Titans, & Colts will likely all be starting rookie and 2nd year QB's with very little to no experience.

They are very big favorites to win the division the next 2 years at least IMO. All those QB's should struggle vs the Texans D.

You said they had a super soft division. What about that is changing all that much next year?

Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Try to make a case for them to 'not' be a consistent SB contender. It's much tougher to do then the latter. You make it seem like this is some old team who is in their last window. The Jags, Titans, & Colts will likely all be starting rookie and 2nd year QB's with very little to no experience.

They are very big favorites to win the division the next 2 years at least IMO. All those QB's should struggle vs the Texans D.

You said they had a super soft division. What about that is changing all that much next year?
Matt Schaub still hasn't shown he can win a big time game.

AJ has been injury prone and the rest of that receiving corps is weak.

Wade Phillips' D's tend to grow more complacent with each passing season under his control.

Not that I think the Texans window is closing/limited, but those points are the big concerns as far as I can see.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well I would think that Colts will be massively improved, even with a rookie QB. I'm not saying they'll even get 6 wins but I do think they'll keep more games competitive. I highly doubt we'll be rolling into week 8 wondering if the Colts could possibly be winless next year. While everyone thinks Blaine Gabbert is a bust at this point, I don't think he can actually get worse either. And the Titan's average season could be improved upon quickly.

Every team ideally gets "better" each year with draft picks and free agents filling needs. If the Texans lose Mario Williams, that's a step in the wrong direction - even if they have a good draft. So if everyone is getting better but the Texans are getting better at a slower rate, I don't see them winning anything.

Lastly let's go ahead and say that Manning does not return to Indianapolis and the Texans win that division convincingly. When they get to the play offs they still have to go through perennial powerhouses like the Patriots & Ravens who have been there for seemingly the entire last decade. And haven't shown any real signs of slowing down.

I love the Texans story, I think it's great that they finally made the play offs and they won a game. I'm not rooting against these guys. I'm just saying I think this could very easily have been a fluke year for them. If Schaub had stayed healthy and they had won a few more games that they should have won late in the season I think I would be more willing to buy them as contenders.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

This season very well could have been a fluke for them, my point is that with rookie QB's what makes you think they could lead sub par to average teams to a division title so soon? If you want to list the Texans questions marks then the Titans, Colts, & Jags have even more.

Will those teams be improved? More then likely. But if you think Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, or even Andrew Luck will be coming out of the gates firing on all cylinders to lead their teams to win the division then I guess more power to you. Those teams still have some growing pains to do before that happens.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well firstly, I dont care if Schaub hasnt won a big game yet, we're 9000000x better with him than without him.

As far as Mario goes, while im not totally against tagging him and looking to move him, my fear in trading him is what happens if/when Wade Phillips leaves. Sure, it doesnt seem like we really NEED Mario right now, but assuming Wade is gone sooner or later, will Reed and Barwin continue to play like this in a new system? Mario meanwhile, will be a monster in any system. It just seems like a pretty huge risk to ship Mario out and rely on the others for the future.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats have the picks to do it, it would just make too much sense so it won't happen. I would love to have him in NE.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this would be the ideal move. Jacoby is a disappointment who'll never develop into anything more then he is, Walters is below average and declining at that, and AJ is prone to get nicked up, that and he's approaching the wrong side of 30.

I think it would make a ton of sense to get them a future #1 right now while he isn't expected to carry that role now, especially for a team who likes to throw the ball. Makes them much harder to defend. Not sure they do it with their original 1st, but with an extra 1 to play with for Mario it'd be very smart.

I think they are good enough to coup a nice return for Mario, they don't really need him and he's still pretty valuable. Though thinking about Mario Williams on a team like Detroit who could boast a line of Mario - Suh - Fairley - Avril makes me shudder. Mario has a lot left in the tank and a ton of teams would be interested.

You mean, kinda like what they have already started doing, with Yates? That's kinda the concept ya know? Draft a QB in the middle rounds, and take your time with him. Seeing as how Yates has already gotten valuable starting time as a rookie, won a playoff game, and showed some flashes of a good QB with nice athleticism, what is the point of doing that all over again?

Not my idea of a guy who is going to take you to the Super Bowl if the need arises. I'd be thinking more a Ryan Tannehill from this draft or a Matt Flynn by trade. If you think T.J. Yates is ever going to be the answer to anything i'm not really sure what to say.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Not my idea of a guy who is going to take you to the Super Bowl if the need arises. I'd be thinking more a Ryan Tannehill from this draft or a Matt Flynn by trade. If you think T.J. Yates is ever going to be the answer to anything i'm not really sure what to say.

What is your idea of "developing a QB"? Flynn or Tannehill wouldn't be developing a QB. To develop a guy, is to draft a mid rounder, sit him for a few years, then give him the ropes. You don't take a guy in the 1st round to sit him for 3 years. I think your confusing your terms.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is your idea of "developing a QB"? Flynn or Tannehill wouldn't be developing a QB. To develop a guy, is to draft a mid rounder, sit him for a few years, then give him the ropes. You don't take a guy in the 1st round to sit him for 3 years. I think your confusing your terms.
Not sure if i worded my response right to start with. Here it is, You arent going anywhere with T.J. Yates, not now not 5 years from now.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This defense looks good enough as it is to be a serious contender so depending on the dollars it may make more sense to trade Mario Williams. I'm almost thinking it might make sense for the Texans to start developing a QB for the future.
Someone like TJ Yates?