Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not sure if i worded my response right to start with. Here it is, You arent going anywhere with T.J. Yates, not now not 5 years from now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Someone like TJ Yates?
No, I dont think hes thinking of Yates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure if i worded my response right to start with. Here it is, You arent going anywhere with T.J. Yates, not now not 5 years from now.
I completely disagree with this line of thinking. You probably would have said the same thing about Matt Flynn if he was thrust into playing as a rookie too, yet now he's likely going to be a franchise QB for a team, and quite a few teams are going to be interested in him. That's the whole point in "developing" a QB which is what you said. Yates was a 5th round pick, and he nearly took this Texans team to the AFC championship game, but we are supposed to assume he won't get any better sitting for another 2-3 years?

They have Matt Schaub now, a guy like Tannehill isn't even a remote possibility. Why in the world would Houston take a QB in the 1st round? And if you are saying they need to "develop" a QB for the future, could you give me some sort of scenario that makes sense for them to do?

Your post was pretty straight forward but not sure it's backed by much. You said they aren't going anywhere with Yates, yet they went pretty far with him this year and he had very little to no development which is exactly what he needs.

Flynn won't be starting until his 5th season, how many people thought he was a franchise QB, or starting caliber guy coming out of LSU? He's consistently improved and gotten better. People seem to be so impatient with QB's now and if you don't set the world on fire as a rookie, or weren't drafted in the 1st round somehow your just a scrub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 01-16-2012 at 02:57 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get some of what Babylon is trying to say.

Yates is a good QB to have on the roster when you have Schaub. But if Schaub wasn't on the roster I wouldn't put all my chips on Yates at this moment.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither would the Texans, which is why he wasnt even on the active roster for most of the season. He was forced into the job via two injuries.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Fixed that phone conversation for you.
=[

Cleveland was a storied franchise and Holmgren is well respected in the NFL.

haters gunna hate.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
=[

Cleveland was a storied franchise and Holmgren is well respected in the NFL.

haters gunna hate.
keyword there is "was"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston should be doing everything in their power to resign him. If one thing has been proved in this league is that you can never have enough pass rushers and Williams isn't just a pass rusher. He's just a dominant force and keeping him on that defense, along with Barwin and Reed on the outside with Ryans and Cushing on the inside is just sick.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
keyword there is "was"
what about, and Holmgren is well respected in the NFL.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough question because it all depends on their cap problems if they have any.
I could see him traded vs a vie Julius Peppers, for the same kind of compensation.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
FLYNN for MARIO?
Tag & Trade...

Schaub was never as good as Matty Flynn.
Then trade Schaub to Seattle for a high pick.
I swear I see that you have posted and this is the dialogue that goes on in my brain.

Self (Ego): Hey look J-Mike88 has posted.

Logic: Don't look it will be stupid and more than likely about the Packers even after they lost to the Giants.

na´vetÚ: Can't be it is a thread about Mario Williams and the Texans how can he possibly do it unless he requests he end up there but many fans do that so this can't be completely idiotic right?

Logic: *sigh* go ahead read the train wreck of a post at least you may be able to laugh at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I understand the argument that you won't get a first for him if you are going to have to pay him crazy money... but you know someone will do it for the rights to signing this guy.

People trade 1st (sometimes multiple) to sign the rights to a guy who is completely unproven every year.
Agreed there are at least a dozen teams who would love to gain Williams' services.

Namely

Buffalo
New England
NY Jets
Bengals
Browns
Titans
Lions
Green Bey
Chicago
Vikings
ATL
Carolina
Cards
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I highly doubt we see Mario away from Houston...
I don't know if the right deal came along like say Browns trade first rounders for the Williams throw in enter Justin Blackmon across from Andre the offense becomes deadly.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think the Browns would trade a 4th overall pick for Williams?

The market has already been set for this kind of trade. When Allen was sent from KC to Minny. If I remember it was a 1st ( 15th overall ) and two 3rd's.

Williams coming off a injury maybe, maybe makes him a little cheaper. But not much.

So I'm thinking a mid first rounder and a 3rd rounder gets a deal done if Houston wants to let him go.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading the 4th overall pick of the NFL Draft for an outside linebacker coming off a significant injury would not be a good idea.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I completely disagree with this line of thinking. You probably would have said the same thing about Matt Flynn if he was thrust into playing as a rookie too, yet now he's likely going to be a franchise QB for a team, and quite a few teams are going to be interested in him. That's the whole point in "developing" a QB which is what you said. Yates was a 5th round pick, and he nearly took this Texans team to the AFC championship game, but we are supposed to assume he won't get any better sitting for another 2-3 years?

They have Matt Schaub now, a guy like Tannehill isn't even a remote possibility. Why in the world would Houston take a QB in the 1st round? And if you are saying they need to "develop" a QB for the future, could you give me some sort of scenario that makes sense for them to do?

Your post was pretty straight forward but not sure it's backed by much. You said they aren't going anywhere with Yates, yet they went pretty far with him this year and he had very little to no development which is exactly what he needs.

Flynn won't be starting until his 5th season, how many people thought he was a franchise QB, or starting caliber guy coming out of LSU? He's consistently improved and gotten better. People seem to be so impatient with QB's now and if you don't set the world on fire as a rookie, or weren't drafted in the 1st round somehow your just a scrub.
Gee and you have been so hard on me for saying Sanchez still has a shot at a breakout season. You should follow your own advise, it is pretty solid if you ask me. After all, Yates started for many seasons in college while Sanchez had about 12 starts but Yates can get better but Sanchez cannot with added experience. H...mmm.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Trading the 4th overall pick of the NFL Draft for an outside linebacker coming off a significant injury would not be a good idea.
He would play RDE but whatever... I seriously doubt it would happen and if it did, i believe the 22nd overall would be more of a discussion.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
He would play RDE but whatever... I seriously doubt it would happen and if it did, i believe the 22nd overall would be more of a discussion.
I think the Browns should be more concerned at quarterback. I'm guessing the organization has given up on Colt McCoy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats what I was saying... No way in hell does the Bowns trade that 4th pick
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Gee and you have been so hard on me for saying Sanchez still has a shot at a breakout season. You should follow your own advise, it is pretty solid if you ask me. After all, Yates started for many seasons in college while Sanchez had about 12 starts but Yates can get better but Sanchez cannot with added experience. H...mmm.
Not sure if srs...

Actually, I know you are. Smh.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Tough question because it all depends on their cap problems if they have any.
I could see him traded vs a vie Julius Peppers, for the same kind of compensation.
Am I the only one who caught this? Julius Peppers was certainly not traded. He signed with Chicago as a FA, Carolina recouped nothing for him. Still one of the worst FO moves I've ever seen. I have no idea how you just let a player of that magnitude walk.

As for Mario Williams, imagine if he came to Baltimore. We'd never be able to afford him, as Suggs and Ngata have enormous contracts and we have to resign Flacco, Rice and Grubbs, but I get a full on erection picturing Suggs and Super Mario coming off the edge rushing QBs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think they would trade the #4 strait up. but #4 overall for the Texans 1st and Mario. If Blackmon is there I could see it. Yes the Browns need a QB but if St. Louis trades down or if Minny trades down Griffin may be gone and Tannehill isn't going 4 overall.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I don't think they would trade the #4 strait up. but #4 overall for the Texans 1st and Mario. If Blackmon is there I could see it. Yes the Browns need a QB but if St. Louis trades down or if Minny trades down Griffin may be gone and Tannehill isn't going 4 overall.
They might trade their 23rd or 24th pick w/e they got from the falcons but not the 4th pick in the draft for a 80 plus million dollar DE coming off a season ending injury.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why we're only talking about the Browns. The Bears, among others, would be all over this.

Honestly is there anything more jizzworthy than Peppers and Super Mario on the same line?
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Am I the only one who caught this? Julius Peppers was certainly not traded. He signed with Chicago as a FA, Carolina recouped nothing for him. Still one of the worst FO moves I've ever seen. I have no idea how you just let a player of that magnitude walk.
This is just going off the top of my head and i may be wrong, but the deal he had made with the Panthers was that after getting tagged twice (or three times?) he would only sign the franchise tag if he was guaranteed not to be tagged the next year to become a FA.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt the Texans trade Mario. Unless they have some serious cap issues, anyway.

Give up a huge stud so you can roll w/Barwin & Reed? No thanks. Take the beastly rotation / depth and try and prove you're as dominant as the numbers show this year. Winning a division ends the cake schedules, as you now have to face better competition in the form of other division winners.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I highly doubt the Texans trade Mario. Unless they have some serious cap issues, anyway.

Give up a huge stud so you can roll w/Barwin & Reed? No thanks. Take the beastly rotation / depth and try and prove you're as dominant as the numbers show this year. Winning a division ends the cake schedules, as you now have to face better competition in the form of other division winners.
Two things for me. What is it going to take to sign him and what can i get in a trade. You already know you have one of the better defenses around and may be able to use that big chip to add one of the better receivers available, at that point i'd be interested.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two things for me. What is it going to take to sign him and what can i get in a trade. You already know you have one of the better defenses around and may be able to use that big chip to add one of the better receivers available, at that point i'd be interested.
As long as Peyton wears a Colts uniform, SuperMario sticks around.

Obviously, for the right deal it can happen, I just don't see it.

But, sure, put me squarely in the "Hell yes - trade him to my team!" camp. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote