Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want some one who we can use who has the separation deep wise he doesn't have to be tall but built pretty stout and can catch.I really think we need to trade into the teens of the draft maybe and go after Jefferson or even Floyd.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bleh...crappy feeling right now. But what a great season, had the time of my life watching this stuff.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gutted, just gutted with today's loss. 1 thing I'm unsure of is the Braylon move. I know he wasn't providing much offensively but did we really need to cut him? It seems since then we've gone into every game with 2 (ok really 1) threat - VD & Crabs with nothing else either working out or scaring defenses. I mean cutting him for Swain made 0 sense. At least having him on the field forced defenses to at least cover him.
Crabs will need to hit back strongly next season cos he left this season with a whimper.
Finally damn I never thought I'd miss Ginn this much

Great run but the dream season died tonight - I had a feeling that the way things played out it was a year to pinch 1

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutting Braylon Edwards was the right move. Defenses wouldn't be scared of him. He was doing terrible. The 49ers were down to like zero targets so it doesn't matter.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone needs to sit Kyle Williams down and tell him not to try and be the hero of the game. You saw what the Giants players did when they field punts. They didn't even try to advance it once a 49ers defender got close to them. They just curled up. Williams was diving for punts trying to catch it and ****. I don't care if you are at the one yard line. Just catch it, sit down, and shut up.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Someone needs to sit Kyle Williams down and tell him not to try and be the hero of the game. You saw what the Giants players did when they field punts. They didn't even try to advance it once a 49ers defender got close to them. They just curled up. Williams was diving for punts trying to catch it and ****. I don't care if you are at the one yard line. Just catch it, sit down, and shut up.
2nd year blues, hope he takes the pain of today & drives him forward in his career. I don't blame him for the loss but he was a contributing factor.

If any of our free agents cant see that we are on the verge of something here & take the cash I'd be bitterly disappointed

Based on who resigns we may need a shut down CB & a hard hitting Safety on top of the needs for WR, RG, OLB. Everyone signs on & we are close to be an NFC Championship favorite next year again, if they don't we could be middle of the pack again

Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

49ers might not have another chance like this for another ten seasons. The offense needs to get better. I don't think we are going to have another year like this on defense getting all these turnovers. So a better offense would really take pressure off the defense. The schedule is a lot harder next year. Hopefully we win at least ten games. Gore might have to reduce his role to 50% of the carries. He'll be 29 and his best days are clearly behind him. If Alex Smith and the passing game plays better, the 49ers at least have a chance. Great defenses don't stay around year in and year out, and even if they do, in this day and age you can't bank on them as your ticket to the postseason. It's an offensive league. You need to have a decent offense.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

Carlos Rogers & Goldson return & the draft can be focused on offense. Seriously need another WR (can it be Morgan??) or another pass catching TE (Walker??) & a player to stretch the field. I'll back Alex to be better in year 2 of the system also. Gore also concerns me, I like Hunter but could he carry the load??

Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I like Morgan as a starting wide receiver. The problem is he got hurt. But he has shown the ability to get separation and make plays. More so than Crabtree in my opinion. But we need someone else beyond Crabtree. Williams is alright as a slot receiver, but that is about it. Ginn isn't a receiver at all and Brett Swain shouldn't be on the active roster.

I don't think Hunter can carry the load. I do like the trio of Gore, Hunter, and Dixon though. I actually think Dixon is kind of underrated.

I hope Rogers and Goldson return. I have a feeling they will.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

Bitterly disappointed if the signed elsewhere - it would only be for cash. Still unsure about Dixon, he dances too much for my liking. Love Gore in pass pro but he seems to be on the decline, maybe an off season can reinvigorate him? Ginn is purely a return guy & we definitely need someone to stretch the field

Old 01-23-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I'm not sure if any rookie receiver is going to come in here and make wonders though. I really don't want to go after a big name receiver as it never seems to work out with teams. But a highly touted rookie receiver is better than what we had on the field today in terms of depth, so whatever. Doesn't even have to be highly touted, just someone talented and someone that can get open.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

I'll be looking for improvements from the entire offense in year 2

Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Still can't believe we lost that game. We could have easily won it if we could hold on to the ball and convert a third ******* down.

Seems like overtime was just delaying the inevitable though.

Listen to Ray Ratto's unsupported tone in this video.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/vide...tLYARPaEMkmULo

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-23-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Hilarious comments on CSN Bay Area's main site:

Quote:
1-13 on 3rd down...where are all those morons comparing the noob to Joe Montana at now? WTF? Don't ever compare that LOSER to Joe Montana 4 time SB champ!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
He had to try because Alex wasn't doing $hit! Someone had to make a play or at least go down trying! Rather go down swinging!
Quote:
and the biggest goat in niner history is.....kyle williams come on down!
Quote:
Congrats Kyle, you're famous!
Quote:
The Niners should file a Missing Person report on Crabtree. The "possession" receiver, the guy who's supposed to "move the chains?" His one catch was for 3 yards on a 3rd and 5. Except for that short TD on a slant against the Saints, he disappeared in the post season. I saw his interview...seems he thinks he was open and not getting thrown to? What, did Alex Smith decide he didn't want to throw him? As they say on ESPN, "Come on man!"

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, for one, am embarrassed for our wide receivers. Does Crabtree really think he was getting open? Every time Smith got sacked or had to run they would show the receivers and if Crabtree thinks that is being open then I can't imagine what he thinks being covered is.

I cannot believe anyone would try and blame this on Smith. I am not gonna sit here in say he played great, he missed a few receivers to two or three times they were actually open, but did Eli really play that much better all things considered? Cruz was dominating Rogers all night and Eli had fairly good pass protection on the majority of his dropbacks. The 49ers receivers only got open a handful of times and Smith was running for his life after three seconds on what seemed like every dropback. Smith was pressured just as much as Eli even though he threw the ball less than half as many times.

Between Crabtree and Williams I would put nearly 100% of this loss on our receivers.

Also, Alex Smith's first two playoff games

36/68 (52.9%)
495 yards
7.3 Y/A
5TD
7.4 TD %
0 INT
101.0 QB rating
1 rushing TD
70 rushing yards

Completion percentage obviously a little low, though considering his receivers during that run were Michael Crabtree, Brett Swain and Kyle Williams maybe not, but I think he had proven to be a better than average QB.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 01-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hilarious comments on CSN Bay Area's main site:
And there's the stuff on Twitter...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ats-on-twitter
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I think the problem is we rested Gore for this point in the season. The final 8 games he only cracked 20+ carries 3 times. He also got the week off with the playoff bye and still looked to be worn down. Granted he finished with 282 carries but he looks to be declining.
My bad, I was actually talking about Hunter. Honestly, I think ppl might have seen Gore's last game as a Niner. It would not surprise me. But if Gore does stick around I hope they make Hunter the 3rd down back next year and they split their workload almost 50/50. Gore was the superior pass prorector this year so it made sense for him to be the third down back. But hopefully next year Hunter will improve enough in that area to see the majority of the snaps on that down.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Gore looked fairly good in the postseason. He actually got back on track as a receiver and looked quicker to me
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colston is likely not going to be brought back... He could be just what the doctor ordered.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
49ers might not have another chance like this for another ten seasons. The offense needs to get better. I don't think we are going to have another year like this on defense getting all these turnovers. So a better offense would really take pressure off the defense. The schedule is a lot harder next year. Hopefully we win at least ten games. Gore might have to reduce his role to 50% of the carries. He'll be 29 and his best days are clearly behind him. If Alex Smith and the passing game plays better, the 49ers at least have a chance. Great defenses don't stay around year in and year out, and even if they do, in this day and age you can't bank on them as your ticket to the postseason. It's an offensive league. You need to have a decent offense.
Like I said numerous times before, this is only the beginning. If we add peices on offense, we wont need our defense to be as dominate going foward. I can see us, if we keep key personel in the fold, being a consistent top 5 defense. Pittsburgh always has a great D, the Ravens, why can't we? The offense will get better. The WCO is a offense that generally takes about 3 years for the QB to master. I think Alex did a exceptional job in first year in the offense, with basically no prep time to really get him going. He should be much better next year. We add some playmakers on the outside to free up our TEs to do damage underneath and we will be able to hang with any team, on both sides of the ball. I think we're another pass-rusher away from being a absolutely dominate defense. We also need a nickel saftety that can cover TEs.

People keep harping on the CBs yesterday but they played a good game. Cruz is going get those little catches across the middle because that's esentially their run game. Jacobs and Bradshaw combined for 87 yards rushing. Our run defense is so dominant, we make teams one dimensional. That's why both Brees and Eli had over 60 attempts....that's the only way they were going to move the ball. Alot of those passes, CBs were right there. Just good chemistry between a good WR and good QB who has been in the same offense his entire professional career. Cruz was a non factor in the second half so we made the proper adjustments at halftime. We didnt get any pressure on Eli in the first half and that had alot to do with it also. That one big play down the sidelines he caught in the first half I think was a mis-cumnnication. It look like Rogers thought that there was supposed to be a safety deep to that side of the field. CBs is actually the least of my concerns at this point. Even Brock, who gave up a touchdown, didnt get burned, just failed to get his head around in time to locate the ball and it was great throw by Eli. Brock is a RFA and Cully, Brown, and Spencer are all under contract for next year. Our CB situation is alot better than most.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Colston is likely not going to be brought back... He could be just what the doctor ordered.
Depends on the price. He's not a top tier WR and doesn't deserve top tier money, but for the right price he could be a good posession guy. Still rather have his teammate Meachem however.....
Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Cruz was a non factor in the second half so we made the proper adjustments at halftime.
This is the one thing I have noticed all year that isn't talked enough about. You know that coaching staff is good when you see consistent halftime adjustments being made and different results between halves.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

The Giants offense could do almost nothing after halftime. They only got points because of Williams' fumble
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defensive adjustment were palpable, clearly. Offensive adjustments, not so much.