my new mock draft....3/27/07
1. Alan Branch DT-6'5 324 pounds- very powerful, a very good run stoppers which is something the rams really need. great at making plays behind the line of scrimmage. would put the rams run defense back to respectable.
2. Brandon Merweather SS-5'10 195 pounds- a very good safety in coverage, very physical who will make huge hits. Chavous is getting old so Meriweather would be a great SS for the future, he would have probably been a top 25 pick if he didnt have character issues.
3. Justin Durant- OLB- 6'1 230 pounds- can play all three linebacker positions in college, he is fast and is a great tackler. he is also a very hard worker, i know theres been articles out saying how much the rams coaching staff loves Chillar but i wonder how much of that is actually true. and Chris Draft could play SLB but i'm beggining to think the rams got him to backup Pisa who has had a load of injuries in the past.
4. Yamon Figurs- WR/KR/PR- 5'11 175 pounds- would be a nice 4th WR for the rams and is an explosive return man, somethin gthe rams havent had in about 5 years. is a great runner after the catch, could be this years Devin Hester in the draft.
5. Kyle Young C/OT/OG- 6'5 254 pounds- rams have a pretty solid offensive line with Pace/Setterstrom/romberg/Incognito/Barron.....but they dont really have great backups, Mccolumm and stuesse are the only 2 really, who knows whats going to happen with Claude Terrell and Kyle Young can play Tackle, Guard and Center so he would be a great backup.
6. Ahmad Bradshaw RB- 5'9 198 pounds- would be a great backup to Jackson. is a great reciever out of the backfield, pretty ellusive as a runner and can return kicks as well.
7A. Xzavie Jackson DE/DT- 6'3 278 pounds- would be a nice depth guy at the DE position for the rams, he is very powerful and plays mean. very good against the run, and is a hard worker.
7B. Courtney Brown CB- 6'1 200 pounds- would add some competiton for that 4th CB spot for the rams, is very good in coverage, very fast, good hands and is a very good tackler who isnt afraid to get his nose dirty.
7C. Brandon Fields P 6'5 240 pounds- its looking more and more like Turk wont be back with the rams next season and i dont know how comfortable they are with BJ Sanders as the only punter on the roster. Brandon Fields has a ton of punting experience and has a very powerful leg, avegaing 45 yards per punt total through 200+ punts in his college career.