Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some interesting thoughts

The Chiefs from weeks 3-17, in the final 14 games gave up an average 17.57 points per game. You project that over the course of a full season you that would leave the Chiefs 5th overall on the year.

Sounds amazing right? I have a disgusting stat that I don't think Profootballfocus, Footballoutsiders could even dream about.

I have come up with a stat for what is called ****** DRIVES. A ****** drive is a drive the results in a 3 and out, a drive ending in 4 plays or under with a turnover (Lost fumble, INT, TOD,safety etc). This leaves out kneel downs or drive that end the game or drives at the end of the half.

2nd Stat is Almost ****** drives, these involve drives of 5 plays or less resulting in punt or turnover as stated above not including game ending drives/end of half.

PLEASE ASK IF THOSE STATS DONT MAKE SENSE.

I recall way too many times in which the Chiefs defense was pressured to make plays and force a team off the field while being forced on the field so quickly because of the offenses ineptitude.

Ready for this
vs. Buffalo
****** Drives: 5/12 drives
Almost ****** drives: 10/12

vs. Detroit
****** Drives: 6/12
Almost ****** drives: 9/12

vs. San Diego
****** Drives : 5/9
Almost ****** drives: 5/9

vs. Minny
****** Drives: 2/9
Almost ****** Drives: 2/9

vs. Indy
****** Drives: 3/10
Almost ****** Drives: 4/10

vs. Oakland
****** Drives: 5/11
Almost ****** Drives: 6/11

vs. San Diego
****** drives: 7/13
Almost ****** drives 8/13

vs. Miami
****** Drives: 3/10
Almost ****** drives: 3/10
(weird game lol)

vs. Denver
****** Drives: 3/11
Almost ****** drives: 5/11

vs. New England
****** drives: 3/10
Almost ****** drives: 3/10

vs. Pitt
****** Drives: 4/10
Almost ****** drives: 4/10

vs. Chicago
****** Drives: 8/13
Almost ****** drives: 10/13(6 straight 3 n outs to end the game)

vs. NY Jets
****** drives: 7/12
Almost ****** drives: 7/12

vs. GB
****** drives: 2/8
Almost ****** drives: 2/8

vs. Oakland
****** Drives: 1/9
Almost ****** Drives: 3/9

vs. Denver
****** drives: 4/10
Almost ****** drives: 5/10

The percentage of ****** Drives for the Chiefs in those types of drives above which do not include game or half ending drives is 68/169 = 40.2 drives were listed as ******.

Almost ******: 86/169 = 50.8 %

The Chiefs offense was ****** and yet the Chiefs defense (after weeks 1 and 2) was amazing in regards to the position they were often put in.

What does this say? A LOT.

Need better game plans (not just play calling that is just an easy crutch), better offensive line, healthy Rb and a BETTER GOTDAMN QB.

Thoughts? If you want to run the math please do. I did this in like 9 minutes
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really interesting write-up and I appreciate all the work you put into this. Nice job sir!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess my concern is the lack of context. How often did opposing defenses end up in the same situation?

Is this really that abnormal for an NFL team? Maybe I'm just fundamentally ruined by being a Bengals fan, but I feel like getting a drive going is really hard to do in the NFL and outside of the the top tier offenses fueled by Aaron Rodgers / Drew Brees / Tom Brady etc., this is pretty common.

One thing is for sure though, the Chiefs have a lot to be excited about next year with a healthy Berry + any editions they make to that defense.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, as I've said... I think Muir called the right plays, the packages, gameplanning, and scheming just were trash. When you have Baldwin, Breaston, and Bowe and they aren't all part of your base offense, that's problem #1, imo.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I guess my concern is the lack of context. How often did opposing defenses end up in the same situation?

Is this really that abnormal for an NFL team? Maybe I'm just fundamentally ruined by being a Bengals fan, but I feel like getting a drive going is really hard to do in the NFL and outside of the the top tier offenses fueled by Aaron Rodgers / Drew Brees / Tom Brady etc., this is pretty common.

One thing is for sure though, the Chiefs have a lot to be excited about next year with a healthy Berry + any editions they make to that defense.
I am doing this for all teams, I'm doing it week by week since the charting system I have is easier and quicker that way. I am on week 6 and the average for the league is like 35%. Once I am done with that Ill post it in the NFL thread. 2 weeks takes about 30 minutes. So I'll try and have it up tonight.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boe, i love your stat. much props

i think the almost ****** drive stat is telling stat of an offenses ineptness. 5 plays or less in a drive ending in a punt or turnover. thats the epitome of a ****** drive. no rest for the defense, no chance to turn field position, offensive players become frustrated with each other and themselves. none of this leads to anything good in a lockerroom or on the field.

i know it is alot smaller sample size but here are the 3 QBs almost ****** drive % (to be known as ASD%) for the game they started this year.

Matt Cassel - 9 games 53.6% ASD
Tyler Palco - 4 games 53% ASD
Kyle Orton - 3 games 37% ASD

thats telling for 2 reasons. #1) Haley's meddling in the offensive play calls was killing this team and #2) Ortons play was much better.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote