Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the corner rankings...dre would be my #1 safety tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i like the corner rankings...dre would be my #1 safety tho
Agreeable! I was just giving the benefit of doubt saying #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice to see someone other than ROP and I that aren't crazy high on Kalil as an elite top 5 tackle.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock has been fairly terrible in recent years imo
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to sound ********, but who is #4 OT James Brown?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from troy? dont know much about him though.

brandon washington not being on the list is ******* criminal

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Mayock has been fairly terrible in recent years imo

He proved that with Kirkpatrick being the 5th rated CB.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting how high he is on Givens. Not sure I would slot him that high, but he's a guy I want to go back and look at some more for sure, especially now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, just the first rankings. Reiff over Kalil makes my Iowa wiener stiff.

Good seeing Janoris Jenkins and Harrison Smith being rated highly.

No mention of Mike Adams is a little criminal.

Also Janzen Jackson as #3 S?
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not as high on Ladarius Green as some people are. I think his hands are questionable, he's not that physical and he plays like he's 6'1 not 6'6 if that makes sense. He doesn't use his size to his advantage.

I think Alshon Jeffery is the 2nd best receiver in this draft, I think he is going to have a very inpressive combine.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything more on Chandler Jones? Definitely a name I just glossed over all the time...No clue when the heck Syracuse would be on the picture box either.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
WT01
Rookie

WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
He proved that with Kirkpatrick being the 5th rated CB.
Really? Calling him terrible at his job because he had Kirkpatrick lower and Dennard higher than you do? That makes sense. I've seen others who also believe that Kirkpatrick is pretty bad at actually covering receivers and is currently ranking high on draftniks' ratings because of reputation.
WT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Anything more on Chandler Jones? Definitely a name I just glossed over all the time...No clue when the heck Syracuse would be on the picture box either.
Some have said he could be the next Aldon Smith type prospect. Similar size and position, if Jones tests well he will most likely go early. I don't think he's a 1st rounder right now but could be by April. I'd say a 3rd round rating is solid for now....

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT01 View Post
Really? Calling him terrible at his job because he had Kirkpatrick lower and Dennard higher than you do? That makes sense. I've seen others who also believe that Kirkpatrick is pretty bad at actually covering receivers and is currently ranking high on draftniks' ratings because of reputation.
We can go back and forth all day on this, but I choose not to. YOU WIN!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 AM    (permalink
ZRO
Rookie

ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
If there is one position I've learned not to question with Mayock, it's DBs. When he says something that's not "consensus" with defensive backs, you'd better ******* pay attention.

I've got a weird feeling that Mayock saw Kirkpatrick get his top blown off by Andre Debose, and that really stuck with him. Just a gut feeling.
It's funny how Mayock has garnered this reputation as a master expert on DB's when it simply isn't true. My lasting memory of him is back in 2007 trumpeting Chris Houston as the best CB in the draft. Pretty sure he was the only guy that had Houston ranked above Darelle Revis (and Leon Hall, for that matter). He was really pumping up Taylor Mays a few years back too.

I find when looking back through his history that he's been wrong far more than he's been right.
ZRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I give Reiff an edge as an athlete, and in terms of pad level and consistency, but Kalil pushes or wins most of the other categories.
Reiff comes from a program that has major success in producing OT. USC, however, has had some big time recent flops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
No mention of Mike Adams is a little criminal.

Also Janzen Jackson as #3 S?
Mike Adams is debatable. His play on the field is questionable. He definitely looks the part of an NFL OT.

Janzen Jackson has elite safety talent. He's just a nutcase. (he quit his team, so he will be off numerous NFL teams' big boards)

Last edited by descendency : 01-24-2012 at 05:28 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 AM    (permalink
WT01
Rookie

WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO View Post
It's funny how Mayock has garnered this reputation as a master expert on DB's when it simply isn't true. My lasting memory of him is back in 2007 trumpeting Chris Houston as the best CB in the draft. Pretty sure he was the only guy that had Houston ranked above Darelle Revis (and Leon Hall, for that matter). He was really pumping up Taylor Mays a few years back too.

I find when looking back through his history that he's been wrong far more than he's been right.
I don't think anyone is arguing that he's perfect. But I much prefer Mayock to many of these other so called major draft "experts" such as Kiper and McShay.
WT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing sticking in my mind is how much he loved Gabbert when it seemed so obvious to most of us on this board who watched any film on him that he was god awful.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thing sticking in my mind is how much he loved Gabbert when it seemed so obvious to most of us on this board who watched any film on him that he was god awful.
He's great at scouting some positions, and not so great at others. Anyways, I wouldn't put much weight into these rankings, Mayock himself will admit he hasn't watched much of the juniors yet. Don't see how you could hate on Mayock though, he's still as great as ever.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For sure, it's early in the draft season, I expect many many changes to these lists. Kirkpatrick being #5 is no great injustice imo. I like him, but I like corners that are physical and strong, a lot of teams don't, and the truth of the matter is, if he can't get his hands on you then it's likely you've won the route as the WR. That's true with a lot of big physical guys, but it holds true here, and I could see him having some Brandon Browner in him.

I like his skillset personally, but it would be a scheme fit, I do think he could do the Malcom Jenkins thing and move to FS and be a very very good Safety.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO View Post

he was way more pro-earl thomas than mays (and berry for that matter lol)

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Mike Adams is debatable. His play on the field is questionable. He definitely looks the part of an NFL OT.
He struggles with some technique at times (knee bending etc.) but he has the feet and athleticism to play LT and his strength is unreal.

Definitely going to take some work but I think could end up being the #2 #3 OT out of this draft down the road. Some team will pounce on him if he falls and I wouldn't bat an eye if a team fell in love with him over Martin and took him ahead of Martin.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
EVERYONE was pumping up Gabbert because they were terrified of going with Cam.

Narrative scouting.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock maybe rated Dre lower then most here expect because of the "Off field issues/pot?"

And it didn't help Brandon Washington moved around the o-line so much.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have his last year rankings?