Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 08-11-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Tannehill. <3
Saw his stat line and it was impressive. How did he look running the offense? How was his arm? Tannehill has so much potential, it still makes me laugh that the Skins gave up so much for Griffin when Tannehill is as equal of a QB prospect as Griffin was.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody catch Hard Knocks the other day? Pretty entertaining show. Although Vontae was embarrassing and Chad came across like a punk (and now he's in custody, awesome!)

Tannehill on the other hand impressed the hell out of me with his work ethic. Showing up at the facility at 11pm and then working for an hour when the rest of the team was long gone and back the next day on only 5 hours of sleep. That coupled with his performance against Tampa Bay makes me happy. Might not be long until he's under center for good.

As far as changing the logo? Ugh, no! I hate when teams stray from their identity, especially when it's as iconic and long-standing as ours. Anything to make an extra buck or two. I hate Stephen Ross, can't leave well enough alone.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Chad gone, who do you think will step up and take that #3 spot? My bet was Wallace but after watching Hard Knocks last night, I didnt realize how down the coaching staff was on him. Moore seems to be taking some reps with the 1's but not impressing all that much. Gates is a goner IMO and none of the rookies are ready to play. We are in some deep, deep hell if Hartline doesnt come back soon.

Oh and yeah, Tannehill is pretty awesome. Love the improvements he's made since OTA's. Seems like he will be the guy come opening day.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hope Hartline can get healthy and get back ASAP. We definitely need him now. I don't particularly trust Naanee, his career has been a model of inconsistency. Who knows, maybe this is the year he puts it all together. I do think that if Hartline can be healthy and play, he could be a legit threat in this offense. If just one guy out of the rest can step up, we could be okay. Would love to see this Hogan kid make it but I get the feeling its more a Hard Knocks story than anything (similar to Les Brown).

I've heard that B.J. Cunningham has come on strong lately. The staff seemed content sitting on early WR talent because they thought they could grab someone late and turn them into a player and he's the first one they grabbed. Would be a major disappointment if he can't get a roster spot from Wallace/Moore/Pruitt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh we're relying on Brian Hartline to make our receivers not be complete ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill officially named the starter! Gonna be a rough start, his supporting cast makes Gabbert's from last year look like a cast of pro bowlers.

Also, I realize I'm stating the obvious here but, holy **** Omar Kelly is a moron.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo Tanny. Yea offense is gonna blow this year. Lots of passes to Fasano and th RBs please.

What is Kelly saying?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Tannehill officially named the starter! Gonna be a rough start, his supporting cast makes Gabbert's from last year look like a cast of pro bowlers.

Also, I realize I'm stating the obvious here but, holy **** Omar Kelly is a moron.
Tanny Time!!!! For better for worse. Cant back out now.

And yes, you are stating the obvious. So what is he doing now? someone called him out and then he went on a rant about how great of a football mind he is then blocked them?

Last edited by Da-Phins : 08-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Just being himself, he was talking earlier about how Garrard could still win the job back if he gets healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes on Kelly's twitter. All those poor people he has brain washed.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I like following him for the lulz. It really is funny seeing half the stuff he spews on twitter. Keith Sims called him out today, O probably just blocked him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontae Davis traded to the Colts today for a 2nd round pick. Mixed feelings on the move, Davis is super talented but he's been acting like a moron the last couple of years. Him being gone might be a blessing in disguise and it could give us a top 40 pick in the process.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
"What in the world are we doing? No way are we better without Vontae. We're supposed to be getting better, and with every decision we keep getting worse," a Dolphins veteran said, requesting anonymity. "We need to see something positive happen."
Doesnt seem like Philbin is making too many friends in the lockerroom here lately. But hey on the bright side, we should have two high 2nd rounders next year. Maybe we can use both on an impact WR like Wallace.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Gotta have the right people in the locker room, and having a guy who has had a bad work ethic the entire time he's been here clearly isn't someone the new staff wants around, and I really don't blame them. I love Vontae's talent, but he has weight issues every year and he's not nearly as good as he should be by now. And getting the Colts 2nd rounder is pretty solid. Now we just need to get rid of Ireland so the 2nd can be put to good use.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Gotta have the right people in the locker room, and having a guy who has had a bad work ethic the entire time he's been here clearly isn't someone the new staff wants around, and I really don't blame them. I love Vontae's talent, but he has weight issues every year and he's not nearly as good as he should be by now. And getting the Colts 2nd rounder is pretty solid. Now we just need to get rid of Ireland so the 2nd can be put to good use.
I think you guys did well in this trade. Philbin is trying to change the culture of the locker room. Davis was the 25th pick and the Colts are more than likely going to have a bad record so the pick should be early in the 2nd - essentially you broke even on Davis if not coming ahead since you offloaded a headache for your team.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Yeah but offloading a talented headache could cause more headaches in the lockerroom which apparently what is happening. Philbin better win and win soon or he may lose the lockerroom before the season is over. He's already losing the players trust. Not good for a coach who hasnt even coached his first real game.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

So far official cuts I've seen are BJ Cunningham, Roberto Wallace, Jamaal Westerman, Gary Guyton, Clyde Gates, Vincent Agnew, and Ryan Baker plus the trade of Ryan Cook to Dallas for a 7th.

Two recent picks and two free agent signings. Gotta love Ireland's eye for talent. Really sucks that if Tannehill is a hit, all his mid/low tier moves will be forgiven. Not a single player that the BP/Ireland regime has drafted has been signed to an extension past their rookie contract. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I mean sure Jake Long and Sean Smith probably will be but to date there has been none. Yay, we are amassing a ridiculous amount of picks that we'll miss on. Awesome.

EDIT: We also worked out WRs Donte Stallworth, Mike Sims-Walker, Brian Tyms, CBs Rod Hood, Donald Stickland, and Drew Coleman, and developmental QB Matt Blanchard.

I'd imagine if we don't find anyone worthwhile on waivers, we might end up signing someone from that group of WRs or CBs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 08-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Are they going to sign Stallworth or Mike Sims-Walker? They need some halfway decent players to catch the ball.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Supposedly we're trying to trade Slaton for Anthony Armstrong. Sounds good to me.

Two other guys getting cut around the league that I could see us going after include Marvin McNutt (O'Keefe was his OC in college) and Tori Gurley (Packers).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It really is amazing how awful Ireland's drafting has been. So many worthless players drafted. The longest tenured guys on the team are the punter and long snapper. The only good thing that's happened from the draft from the past 10 years is trading for Ricky Williams. Ugh I really hope Ireland finally gets fired after we suck this year and someone who can actually draft ANYBODY comes in.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Evan Moore is a TE that could make sense for us to go after. Originally was signed by Green Bay as an UDFA so he knows Philbin. Not sure we're looking at TEs but someone else to keep in mind I suppose. He's got no ST value and can't block so idk how interested we'd be in yet another one-dimensional TE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Deon Butler released by Seahawks. Homer in me wants him to be our waiver claim at WR.

EDIT:

Just looking at the cuts list, here are the WRs that intrigue me:

DeMarco Sampson
Naaman Roosevelt
Greg Camarillo
Mardy Gilyard
Marvin McNutt
Derrick Williams
Deon Butler
Anthony Armstrong

Was gonna do CBs but I'm lazy. Hopefully we can get some good players on waivers tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 08-31-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Im expecting alot of waiver claims tomorrow. Im guessing 1 WR, 1 OL and 2 corners.

The team was in talks with the Skins early today about Armstrong and since he got cut today wouldnt doubt it that he will be one of the new additions.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Jabar Gaffney coming in for a tryout today. Would be a much needed signing if he's healthy.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Everyone passing on Gaffney, doesn't sound like he's healthy enough to play. Kinda sad that we're still sitting at 52, there isn't a single player out there we think is worth signing?

sig by BoneKrusher