Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
great, yeah, let's put a ******* expansion team in LA. hell, the city is completely incapable of supporting a winning team, let's give them a guaranteed non-winner. it's unbelieveable to me how stupid some of these people are. la should never, ever have a team unless you can guarantee that they'll win the super bowl every single year.
-______________-

K, we'll keep these teams in San Diego, or Oakland, or Tampa where the fan support is just freakin' awesome and they regularly sell out their games and wouldn't dare need an extension to not have a playoff game blacked out or anything.

The owners were Al ******* Davis and Georgia ******* Frontiere. I can't imagine why fans lost interest.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 02-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
-______________-
You make this face because you know it to be true.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want expansion, either, but I'm very much looking forward to stealing some other worthless city's team.

LA's real value to the NFL, though, has mostly passed. I'm pretty sure Tagliabue used the LA threat to every city that built a new stadium during his reign as commish (I think it was like 60% of the teams got new stadiums or something ridiculous).

I still have doubts as to whether a stadium will ever even get built here. They can't even ******* figure out which site to use yet. :shrug:
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just need cooler mascots. They need to set fashion trends. People are finally warming up to the Clippers because they are good, but seriously...wtf is a clipper? Hairstylists? The Rams were just too tacky with the blue and yellow and not stylish enough with their overall presentation. The new LA team(s) can at least appeal to their city more and be the LA Boarders or the Beckhams or something. I would personally go religious with it so I could appeal to the Latinos without pissing off the rich white people. I would go with the Archangels or something similar.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we have just the right amount of teams in the NFL, so no thanks to expansion or contraction.

I mean hell, the NFL has only a small handful of teams that struggle to sell out and nearly every team can be competitive.

For comparison, half of the NBA teams would need to be contracted in order to ensure that every team is reasonably competitive.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely against expansion. 32 teams is a whole lot already and the talent distribution is perfect right now. The NFL team in LA thing is an eventuality at this point(provided they're able to finish one of those stadium plans) and I really don't mind them moving a team there, but expanding is not the way to do that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Damage control:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ansion-at-all/

Quote:
“We haven’t talked about expansion at all,” Goodell said. “I don’t see that in foreseeable future.”
Also:

Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...games-in-2012/

Quote:
“We’re going to be playing Thursday night games from Week 2 to Week 15,” Goodell said.
All of them Jaguars games I assume. In fact, all prime time games will be Jaguars games. They will play multiple times a week.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...games-in-2012/

All of them Jaguars games I assume. In fact, all prime time games will be Jaguars games. They will play multiple times a week.
I don't want to watch them play, and they're my favorite team.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I don't want to watch them play, and they're my favorite team.
So many awful primetime games last season...and the worst all involved them.

Even if they had a healthy Garrard starting, they did not deserve 3 primetime games.

Watching Gabbert play reminded me of "When Animals Attack."

I mean...I mean...he spiked a ball two feet in front of him to avoid getting hit and drew an intentional grounding.

I don't even...I mean...I don't even...Ah...what!?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars or no Jaguars, I'm never opposed to more football on TV. I'm not sure I'm in love with the idea of Thursday games every week though, for a few reasons. Chiefly among being teams having the flip and be ready to go on an ultra short week. The quality of football could possibly suffer as a result of that. It also seems rather counter intuitive if injuries are supposedly the NFL's main concern, as more games in a shorter time frame certainly isn't going to help with that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
you know, this could work out well. just let denver play jax every week. i'd never have to see either team ever again, since i refuse to get nfln. and they're both mediocre enough that they'd probably fight to an 8-8 record every season, meaning that the rest of the nfl would stay in balance.
Ah ****, the Broncos are going to have so many prime time games this year. Oh dear god no.

My day just went from average to extremely ****** at this revelation.

Are the Broncos actually scheduled to play the Jags next year? Because I need to avoid that game at all costs. The, uh, "quarterback" play would set football back decades.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Goodell was never really the villain. Now that the Polian influence is gone, hopefully for good, I'm meh on Goodell.

And it's no surprise really. He's been fantastic for the owners. So what if the fans hate him?

"Let them have us so long as they pay us." - NFL Motto. And the fans comply.
You are such an insufferable douche. It was all Polians fault you can't touch the QB? It was all his fault any roughhousing gets a huge fine? Get real. he is gone now so let it go.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
You are such an insufferable douche. It was all Polians fault you can't touch the QB? It was all his fault any roughhousing gets a huge fine? Get real. he is gone now so let it go.
#BlamePolian2012

Really, though, that cuntrag ginger duo of Goodell and Polian created the NFL we watch today.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 02-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The rule changes of the past decade haven't benefited any team more directly than the Colts. Untouchable franchise QB? Check. Tiny finesse WRs? Check. Tiny defense than can't stop the run? Check.

Plus that post was like a month ago and I haven't talked about it since. I truly hope he never gets another job in the NFL.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The rule changes of the past decade haven't benefited any team more directly than the Colts. Untouchable franchise QB? Check. Tiny finesse WRs? Check. Tiny defense than can't stop the run? Check.

Plus that post was like a month ago and I haven't talked about it since. I truly hope he never gets another job in the NFL.
Take note of the Brady Rule. What teams QB was that? Oh ya are rival the NE Patriots.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how I feel about more Thursday. It's such a disadvantage to the teams playing the game and an advantage the week after.

However, I do like the fact every team will be guaranteed one prime time game. Especially with the added Thursday games.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Take note of the Brady Rule. What teams QB was that? Oh ya are rival the NE Patriots.
I'm not even going to go into the facts here and I could care less about the Brady rule(I thought the Pollard play was a clean hit), but you sir sound massively butthurt. If you want to have a cohesive argument, I would recommend against asking a question you are going to answer in the next sentence, especially if you're letting it stand on it's own.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

LEAVE GINGERBILL ALONE!!! sdf
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Not to mention that you could call the no-contact rule the "Anti-Ty Law Rule."

I loved it. LOVED IT and I wasn't even a Pats fan. Law stopped just short of a literal anal raping of Harrison in those playoff games.

And all of the things Belichick threw at Peyton...SO EPIC.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
wtf is the brady rule? did you mean the tuck rule? the one introduced in 1999?
I think he meant the "no sliding legally into the legs of the QB!" rule.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nd-zone-plays/

Automatic replay may be expanded to "all end zone plays" regardless of whether it counted as a score or not.

More time to cram in commercials I say.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nd-zone-plays/

Automatic replay may be expanded to "all end zone plays" regardless of whether it counted as a score or not.

More time to cram in commercials I say.
That's a good move. Either you do it this way or don't do it at all. I would rather not do it at all, but that doesn't seem like an option.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than the current rule. It also stops the referees from ruling borderline calls scores, thus making them tougher to overturn.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell has just announced the NFL Network will broadcast 13 Thursday night Games between Weeks 2-15 and every team will have a primetime game in 2012. Ugh!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote