Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saying but I think that one can still be the "Brady" Rule. It happened to Carson Palmer in a playoff game in 2005. No rule change. Happens to Brady in 2008 and he misses the whole season? Immediate rule change.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee that, at least once next year, we get a series of at least 3 red zone plays that all get reviewed.

Goal line dive doesn't make it, reviewed, confirmed.

Player bobbles the ball catching it near the side of the end zone, reviewed, confirmed.

Guy finally just barely punches it in, reviewed, confirmed.

And of course, commercials between them all!!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Just saying but I think that one can still be the "Brady" Rule. It happened to Carson Palmer in a playoff game in 2005. No rule change. Happens to Brady in 2008 and he misses the whole season? Immediate rule change.
Well, in fairness, there was some questioning that kind of play with the Palmer thing. I think that was actually a worse example of the two hits, even. There's no question whatsoever star power played into it, but that's just the way it is sometimes. It's bad for the NFL to have guys coming off record seasons to go down for an entire season. That kind of play has always been fairly borderline(I tend to side with the defense on that issue though, Pollard couldn't have really done anything else to tackle Brady) anyway.

....besides, how many times have you seen that called? I think I can count on my hands the amount of times I have. The liberal interpretation of roughing the passer is a much bigger issue.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I guarantee that, at least once next year, we get a series of at least 3 red zone plays that all get reviewed.

Goal line dive doesn't make it, reviewed, confirmed.

Player bobbles the ball catching it near the side of the end zone, reviewed, confirmed.

Guy finally just barely punches it in, reviewed, confirmed.

And of course, commercials between them all!!
Thats my only problem with Football.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Thats my only problem with Football.
PPV Football (NFL Redzone)=no stopping for ads EVAR
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This brings me many sads.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
PPV Football (NFL Redzone)=no stopping for ads EVAR
Except for the whole "pay" part of ppv and the fact you need DirectTV.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i dunno. it's the 'protect your biggest money makers' rule. if the bengals had been as insanely popular as the pats, and if palmer had been as marketable as brady, i'm sure the rule would've been changed in 2005. if the hit had happened to peyton, i'm sure the rule would've been changed just the same. *shrug*
Pretty much like nobody cared about Roy Williams horsecollaring the **** out of people until he did it to TO right in the middle of McChoker's only realistic window of winning a Superbowl.

Way off topic, but I thought it was horseshit that the NFL even let TO play for Philly after his agent ****** up and missed the deadline filing for FA. Shoulda made his ass play in SF/BAL for that season.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 02-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Except for the whole "pay" part of ppv and the fact you need DirectTV.
You don't need DTV to just get Redzone.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, how many times did the Rodney Harrison and Donovan Darius types nearly kill people? I think Harrison was suspended for one game through it all. Darius damn near decapitated Robert Ferguson and got a fine.

NOW though, that the league is being sued for concussion and all that, YOU DARE NOT touch a making a catch. God help you if you do.

The NFL is entirely reactionary. They'll put up with something indefinitely until it happens it winds up reaching a level where it could cost them money. (Star player missing time, law suits...)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
You don't need DTV to just get Redzone.
RedZone is awesome. I bought a sports package through cable for other reasons and gaining the RedZone was just a huge bonus.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
RedZone is awesome. I bought a sports package through cable for other reasons and gaining the RedZone was just a huge bonus.
^^^ kdsfjasdl;fj
Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I don't need anything else in any sports package. Plus, my cable is included in my rent.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't need anything else in any sports package. Plus, my cable is included in my rent.
Oh I do. I need MLB Network, NHL Net, Fox Soccer, Big 10 Net, etc. For 10.99 a month it's worth it to me.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I would watch....none...of those things other than maybe the Big 10 network during college football season.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thursday night games every week is ******* awesome unless you work nights. As fans, we'll see more teams so many people can comment with some accuracy rather than basing everything off of stats and the same three highlights from each game.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Hey, don't lump me in there. I go to great lengths to see as wide of variety of teams as I can. I even sat through some Jimmy Clausen Panthers games 2 years ago because I wanted to see the worst QB ever.

Then Blaine Gabbert happened 3 times in prime time...
Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Thursday night games every week is ******* awesome unless you work nights. As fans, we'll see more teams so many people can comment with some accuracy rather than basing everything off of stats and the same three highlights from each game.
I'm a fan of this as well. Probably because I have NFL Network though. I can see how it sucks for people that don't have it.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
except that we won't because they're on nfln, not network tv. i'd be willing to bet the comparative subscriber base is tiny.

It basically just depends on what region you live in and who the major cable provider in the area is. Some places, everyone has it, others, no one has it.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote