Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Started watching the NFL when I got the TV channel that airs it on a trial basis for a month in january 2008. Their listings stated that they were showing the NFL playoffs, and so, on a saturday without anything useful to do, I sat down to learn about this sport and see what it was all about. I didn't really even know any rules, but the basic stuff was pretty easy to understand.

Eitherway, I watched all of the wildcard playoff matches and the divisional playoff matches, and decided that I loved the sport. It kinda hit me in my heart. There was something about this game so different from any european sport, so different from any other sport really. I knew I was hooked. But now I needed a team to root for. there were four left in the playoffs, and it only seemed natural for me to pick one of those to root for.

So I went with the team that was least expected to be in the championship round, the NY Giants.

Since that moment, I've spent way too many long nights here in Europe cursing at my computer screen, celebrated draft picks, watched postgame shows and such. It has sort of taken over a big part of my life formerly known as sleep. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like beer and like to wear cheese on my head so it just seemed natural.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grew up in PA but loved watching Barry Sanders. As a kid got everything Lions related I could and family got sattelite in 97 just for the Lions. And I'm glad they did as 97 was an amazing season with Barry running wild. Even more hardcore in the Millen era suprisingly with the internet and what not and living with a Packer fan in college. Now I'm hardcore Lions junkie as you can get. Directv, NFL network, and any news articles or information relating to the Lions and college nfl prospects that could be Lions.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Born and raised a Pats fan, work for the Bucs now so they grew on me

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got into the NFL through Madden 04, step mum is from Michigan so the decision was pretty simple, any NFC North team that wasnt the Lions (oh yeah i'm such a rebel...). Watched a few games and the Vikings were the obvious choice, all attack no defending, would clearly disappoint for the foreseeable future in agonising ways. Pretty much everything any Englishman could hope for (constant failure).

It's weird watching the Vikings on tv or the net and being as nervous as I would be watching Crystal Palace (a fan my entire life and local team) play in the stadium but the connection is there and it will be forever I imagine.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a favorite college team really (always have liked players more than schools). Once the Jags drafted this man:

It was all over for me. Loved watching him play at UF. Miss watching him play in the NFL.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from Ireland and normally would have had a bit of an affinity for Boston, which is why I support the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins. The problem is that when I started getting interested in American sports, especially the NFL, the Patriots had just won the Superbowl and didn't want to support the team who had just won the Superbowl (I got accused enough of being a glory hunter for supporting Man Utd). One of the main ways that I got interested in American sports were the video games (NBA 2k series, Madden etc). And I hated running the ball. I was never good at it. So I just tried to air it out on every single play. So I tried to find a team with a good Quarterback and good Wide Receivers.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in a family football pool when I was about 6 or 7, and I got the Steelers. They won me some money that year, so I stuck with them. As for Florida State:
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
My mom is from Greensburg, Penn.
Right on. That's where I've been at the past several years.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The addicted to pain killer Brett Favre, not the recently retired douche.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Became a Steelers fan when I saw them win back to back AFC Central divison I think somewhere between 93-95, I lived in Michigan at that time. I even got a shirt that said back to back division champs. I don't remember the superbowl at all.

Then I became an Eagles fan after I moved to the Philly burbs in 96, but didn't really notice the Eagles till about 98/99.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the very first Super Bowl I watched was the Packers vs. Patriots. I was like, 6 at the time, and my dad said me and my little brother could stay up a little bit late to watch it. My dad was cheering for the Packers, so my little brother did too, but I had a thing with being different, so I cheered for New England. The Packers won obviously, so when the next Super Bowl rolled around, and the Packers were back in it, I decided to root for the Broncos. They've been my favourite team ever since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Born and raised in northern CA....so by that alone I probably should have been a Raiders or Niners fan. Instead I hate both(Raiders moreso)

as far as being a Pack fan...simply put, because of my dad. His dad grew up in the midwest and it was just basically passed on down. My dad also went to a game at Lambeau(tailgated, however) at a young age which got him hooked. Growing up during the Favre years helped as well and green has always been one of my favorite colors

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-27-2012 at 09:08 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

Born and raised in LI new york and I recently graduated from Ohio St. and moved back to NY..
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

born and raised in Green Bay made the decision an easy one and having #4 at QB only helped

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am from NY but I don't remember how the hell I became a Jets fan but I have been through the team for a long, long time. Not sure why I chose them over the Giants, probably choosing the GMen would have been better for health and I would have experienced some sort of glory.

I wore my Jets heavy jacket all winter long during the Rich Kotite era(I was like 4-5 years old), even when we went 1-15(I still remember I was pretty happy when the Jets beat the Phoenix Cards for the lone win of the year. Didn't see the game but saw FOX's scoreboard right before I get to watch my Simpsons LOL). Few of my friends parents would joke around.

Been through with them but did not truly FOLLOW Jets football until 2004. That was the year I really began to understand the game completely and of course that was the year the Jets had to get Doug Brien'd out of the divisional round. Chad Pennington and Curtis Martin were my lovejoys in 04.

Doug Brien was the Kyle Williams and Billy Cundiff before they ever existed....ugh. That was the Jets misery at ST.

I like being a Jets fan though....we keep the hunger going every single year and when(There has to be a when right I mean?) the Jets ever win a SB, it will feel all the more sweet. Don't think I could ever be a cocky Giants fan anyhow :P

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 01-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was born without a team, while many in my area became Redskins fans them being the closest team geographically, I instead rooted for certain players. My favorite players were Brett Favre, Mike McKenzie(something about those dreads) and Duante Culpepper. That all changed in 96 when Baltimore finally got a team back and the Mythical creature known as Ray Lewis was unleashed upon this unsuspecting world.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Manning and Marvin Harrison hook up on tv over here was the main reason I supported the Colts. Was one of those games where Manning couldn't miss and Harrison's route running was so crisp I was mesmerised.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grew up in Northern California as a 49er fan in the late 80's. Growing up, you were either Joe Montana, Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott in any backyard football game. Thanks to Uncle Sam, I have lived in Louisiana since April 1st. 1993. I have now spent over half my life here in Louisiana. It only seemed natural to cheer for the home team. I have certainly seen my football fan-dom change since being here as my involvement has swung from playing to coaching.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from New York, but moved to Tampa when I was three. I don't really feel any loyalty to the NY teams because I was born in a military town near West Point. Very few people who live there are native New Yorkers, so the in-state teams don't have much of a following (outside of Army).

After my family moved and I began to show an interest in football, the choice was easy: The local team's mascot was a pirate!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from New Zealand and the first time I sat down and watched a Super Bowl properly was in 2000 (Titans v Rams). I don't remember much but I do vividly remember the Titans coming up one yard short on that final drive. I was gutted and have been NZ's biggest Titans fan since that moment.
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't really have a favorite team. i tried to get into the ravens for a while because i've always like their defenses, but it just didn't catch. both of my brothers and my dad are giants fans, though. i've been rooting for them toward the end of the season and through the playoffs. i also have a huge man crush on percy harvin, so i root for the vikings when they're on
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friends were having a playoffs pool, putting in 100 pesos each (roughly 10 dollars at the time). Whoever chose the team that won the SB won it all. During lunch at school, we put little papers with numbers on them in a cup and pulled them out one by one, to define the picking order, and I got #2 out of a possible 8. We'd be picking the teams the next day at lunch. I knew absolutely nothing about football, literally absolutely nothing. I had no idea what a QB was, what first and 10 meant, and who anyone was.

I just opened the sports section and read that the Steelers had won three games in a row and were playing really well so I chose them. They wound up winning the SB vs. the Seahawks and I've been a fan ever since. In the playoffs I learned who was who for the Steelers, and during the summer I learned who everyone was by playing an unhealthy amount of Madden. A couple months later I learned that half the stuff on Madden is ********, and by the end of the next year I joined these boards where I developed basically everything I know of the Steelers and football, in general.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Born in VA so I've always been raised as a Redskins fan but my parents are from Georgia so my dad also pulls for the Falcons. If those teams can't do well I've adopted the Lions because of Stafford & Calvin's Georgia college roots. My favorite Redskins will always be Terry Allen, Michael Westbrook, Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, Darrell Green & of course one of my favorite prospects ever the late great Sean Taylor.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 01-30-2012 at 09:10 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote