Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-25-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

Is he a legit round 1 prospect? Would he be a good selection by the Jets at pick 16? I have not watched much of him as I pay really no attention to Marshall.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See I really like this player, but I think I'm 1 of 1 who thinks he'll end up a first rounder. He's a really strong workout away, and by really strong I mean really, really strong. If he DeMarcus Ware's the combine then it's a wrap, and I think he's got an outside shot at it.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just not the top athlete to garner a mid-first. MAYBE late, but I'd say more a 2nd round pick.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Just not the top athlete to garner a mid-first. MAYBE late, but I'd say more a 2nd round pick.
I agree BUT I have to say that he's more athletic than I was willing to believe before a viewing.

I'd draft him over Upshaw for 3-4 OLB tbh...unless Upshaw blows the mind with a workout.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also came into the Senior Bowl at 6'3" ~260 rather than his listed 6'5" 242.

He could cut weight and show out at the combine.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At his current size, may not fit in a lot of schemes. If he can cut ten pounds and gain some quickness, I could see him in the second to a classic 3-4 team. He could also add about 10 pounds and fit more at 4-3 end.

I think he has been someone to watch as a riser to the end of the first, but I don't think he has shown enough in the offseason to warrant that.

6-5 would have been ideal for a team like my Pats, but 6-3 isn't bad.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
At his current size, may not fit in a lot of schemes. If he can cut ten pounds and gain some quickness, I could see him in the second to a classic 3-4 team. He could also add about 10 pounds and fit more at 4-3 end.

I think he has been someone to watch as a riser to the end of the first, but I don't think he has shown enough in the offseason to warrant that.

6-5 would have been ideal for a team like my Pats, but 6-3 isn't bad.
Huh? He can easily be a 43 DE and as long as he isn't horribly awkward in space, he can also be a 34 rush backer.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Huh? He can easily be a 43 DE and as long as he isn't horribly awkward in space, he can also be a 34 rush backer.
Yeah 260 isn't bad, but many teams want their DE's in the 270-280 range. Good size for the elephant backer role, but a little big at OLB. I am not doubting that he will be able morph into either role. It just seems like he is sort of hedging his bets either way right now, waiting to see what team drafts him and what role he will play.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah 260 isn't bad, but many teams want their DE's in the 270-280 range. Good size for the elephant backer role, but a little big at OLB. I am not doubting that he will be able morph into either role. It just seems like he is sort of hedging his bets either way right now, waiting to see what team drafts him and what role he will play.
I would say 6'3 265 is about average for 4-3 DE's in the NFL.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His playing style basically screams "playing like a Jet" to me... I bet Rex would love him...
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot but I don't see him as a first round pick unless he explodes in workouts. It's early in the process though so we'll see what happens
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard on the Twitter-verse that he's got baggage that will drop him some (not sure what it is and no idea if its true so take that for what its worth). I don't have him as a first rounder on tape anyway though. Solid 2nd rounder. Honestly like him better as a 43DE for someone like the Browns, Lions, or Eagles than as a 34 OLB although I do agree the Jets would be a good fit too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm hoping he's there in the 2nd for us Titans
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
LeftwichQB7
Rookie

LeftwichQB7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I've heard on the Twitter-verse that he's got baggage that will drop him some (not sure what it is and no idea if its true so take that for what its worth). I don't have him as a first rounder on tape anyway though. Solid 2nd rounder. Honestly like him better as a 43DE for someone like the Browns, Lions, or Eagles than as a 34 OLB although I do agree the Jets would be a good fit too.
Curry has zero baggage.

I follow Marshall and I have no idea what you're talking about.
LeftwichQB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round pick. Great effort, two years with nice production. Can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1st round talent in my eyes, but (bolts should know best) due to the level of competition that he played at Marshall it will probably hinder him a bit. I suppose with a solid combine he can lock up a mid-late 1st round spot. I couldn't imagine teams like the Pack/Pats passing on him in the late 1st, but you never know.
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

When you get those less talented DE's moved to OLB they usually don't produce all that great. I'm not sold as him anything more than an average 3-4 backer
Old 01-29-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He also came into the Senior Bowl at 6'3" ~260 rather than his listed 6'5" 242.

He could cut weight and show out at the combine.
His size was fantastic at the Senior Bowl. His size is perfectly blended for a 34 OLB.

His athletic ability, agility will be the question.
I personally would love to see him opposite Matthews in Green Bay, but these OLB/DE prospects (Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, Larry English, Aaron Maybin, Everette Brown, Vern Gholston, etc.) are extremely hard to project at the next level, as we have seen.

Sometimes guys at smaller schools do not do well against the big boys.
Other times guys from the precious SEC & Big Ten don't fare well in the NFL.
It's very difficult to project this area.

DeMarcus Ware: 6-4, 260
LaMarr Woodley: 6-2, 265
Clay Matthews: 6-3, 255
Terrell Suggs: 6-3, 260
Von Miller: 6-3, 245
Elvis Dumervil: 5-11, 260
James Harrison: 6-0, 242
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it's all said and done, I still think he's behind Coples, Upshaw, Ingram, Irvin, Mercilus, Branch and Perry as far as pass rushers go. Mid to late second, probably. I just think the other guys will all have higher perceived upside on draft day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
His size was fantastic at the Senior Bowl. His size is perfectly blended for a 34 OLB.

His athletic ability, agility will be the question.
I personally would love to see him opposite Matthews in Green Bay, but these OLB/DE prospects (Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, Larry English, Aaron Maybin, Everette Brown, Vern Gholston, etc.) are extremely hard to project at the next level, as we have seen.

Sometimes guys at smaller schools do not do well against the big boys.
Other times guys from the precious SEC & Big Ten don't fare well in the NFL.
It's very difficult to project this area.

DeMarcus Ware: 6-4, 260
LaMarr Woodley: 6-2, 265
Clay Matthews: 6-3, 255
Terrell Suggs: 6-3, 260
Von Miller: 6-3, 245
Elvis Dumervil: 5-11, 260
James Harrison: 6-0, 242
I agree. That's why I'm saying he may cut weight for the combine in an effort to impress in agility/testing drills.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I agree. That's why I'm saying he may cut weight for the combine in an effort to impress in agility/testing drills.
Except they're weighed at the Combine too.

If he does the 40/agility tests at 250 rather than 260 teams are going to raise a few eyebrows.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Except they're weighed at the Combine too.

If he does the 40/agility tests at 250 rather than 260 teams are going to raise a few eyebrows.
Not sure if would be an eyebrow. Now we will have two or three good 'datapoints' on Marshall, with two being supposedly objective in the Senior Bowl and Combine.

He could drop 10 and look quicker, teams just now know they are targeting the 250 lb Curry not the 260 one.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
When it's all said and done, I still think he's behind Coples, Upshaw, Ingram, Irvin, Mercilus, Branch and Perry as far as pass rushers go. Mid to late second, probably. I just think the other guys will all have higher perceived upside on draft day.
Co-signed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure if would be an eyebrow. Now we will have two or three good 'datapoints' on Marshall, with two being supposedly objective in the Senior Bowl and Combine.

He could drop 10 and look quicker, teams just now know they are targeting the 250 lb Curry not the 260 one.
Yeah he showed he can play DE at 265. If he drops to 255 and does well in agility and linebacker drills it just opens up the opportunity for him to be taken by a 3-4 team as well as 4-3. I don't see it as a negative. If we were talking about a guy that weighed 250 and dropped to 240 then killed at the combine it might raise some flags, but 255 is about ideal for a 3-4 rush backer.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure he's the most natural fit at OLB. I just don't see a guy who looks as fluid and quick as I like to see from those types of guys. He's got good size for the position, but I'm not sure the skillset matches.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote