Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-27-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink

Default Green Bay Packers to make a trade with the Patriots?

It is rumored that the Chargers would part with Michael Turner for a second round pick. Also it is rumored that the Patriots will trade their 24th overall pick and their 28th overall pick for the Packers' 16th overall pick If this is true here is my mock draft.

1st 24th Ted Ginn/WR/ Ohio State
1st 28th Greg Olson/TE/Miami
2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
3rd 78th David Irons/CB/Auburn
4th 108th Brandon Jackson/HB/Nebraska
5th 147th Mike Walker/WR/Central Florida
6th 178th John Talley/CB/Duke
7th 209th Justin Hickman/DE/UCLA
7th 216th Herbert Taylor/OT/TCU
7th 243rd Mark Zalewski/LB/Wisconsin
Old 03-27-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink

Ted Ginn is lightning and Greg Olson has the potential to be as good as any Miami tight end ever (includes Jeremy Schockey and Kellen Winslow). Michael Turner looks like he could be an elite NFL halfback. Just watch him.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its unlikly that Ginn and Olsen will fall that far. Im also not in favor of Ginn, should have stayed for a year. Rumors can say what they want, but I also doubt we will trade for Turner, but he could very easily happen. Then why would we draft Jackson if we had Turner. Morency and Herron have prooved to be sufficient backups, Morency could even be a starter considering he had a 100yd game this year. Once again why would we draft two WRs when we have Jennings, Driver and great potential in Martin. Same deal with Talley, we need a S more than WR and CB. Hickman would be a waste of a pick if we dont trade KGB.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink

That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink

Mike Walker has a lot of potential. He is big and fast. He could be this draft's Marques Colston.

Also I would consider Robert Meachem instead of Ted Ginn but I took Ginn because of his return abilities and his world class speed and athleticism.
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
1. Michael Griffin, SS, Texas
2. Craig Davis, WR, LSU
3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
5. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
7. Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Thats more like it.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink

I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 View Post
That may be your opinion but you are obviously wrong. Ted Ginn could end up being the best deep threat ever. Also he is a great return man. Also you never have to many good halfbacks so that is why I had them pick Brandon Jackson. I like Morency but I would like to see him used more as a third down back. Also other than Driver and Jennings the Packers do not have anything at WR. Martin and Holliday might be able to make it as #4 or #5 but the Packers need a stud WR like Ginn and could use a young WR to develop to be their #4 and maybe someday their #2 or #3.
Driver, Jennings and Ginn are all the same type of WR's so there is no way we take Ginn. Also Martin is capable of being our #3 reciever after what he showed me with his playing time, his performance against Chicago didnt hurt either. To me Ginn is a Troy williamson waiting to happen.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So why waste a first on a #2 WR when we could get someone like Moss in a trade for a 2nd or 3rd or the 6-6 stud Matt Trannon. If he got speed he'd be a great deep threat. Also best deep threat ever?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink

Well, I have to agree that i do have my doubts about Ginn but how is he similar to Driver and Jennings. Ginn is more like Steve Smith but only faster. Also they could take Robert Meachem instead (I think he should be a top 10 pick so I obviously like him a lot).
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink

There is nothing wrong with have three wr that are all about 6'0".
Old 03-27-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree that the Packers need a safety but not in the first and I do not think that the Packers will take one since they seem to have confidence in Manuel or Underwood.
If I had a dime for everytime a S screwed up coverage and made Harris/Woodson/ other CB's look bad

Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink

Ginn is just so fast. Leon Hall looked like a fool when he tried to cover Ted Ginn.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

source of rumor? wow thats dumb on there part but a steel for us.

1st 24th WR R. Meachem
1st 28th SS M . Griffin
2nd 47th traded for Michael Turner/HB/San Diego Chargers
3rd ( Trade up) TE Ben Patrick
4th 108th OLB A. Barnes
4th(trade Barry) Trade along with 78
5th Keith Jackson jr.
6th 178th CB John Tally
7th WR M. Trannon
7th ?
7th ?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start over!!!! Ginn and Olsen won't be there at those picks and the Packers wouldn't spend another draft pick on a RB so soon, maybe 6th/7th

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where have you heard that the Patriots are willing to make that trade?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
1. Michael Griffin, SS, Texas
2. Craig Davis, WR, LSU
3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
5. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
7. Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

Thats more like it.
-PackMan noway Olsen falls to 24
-Griffin good pick and i agree
-disagree with Davis because hes not the big treat we need hes just another Driver and Jennings nothin wrong with that but we needs a guy wit some size to go down field and bring down jump balls!!!
- I like Barnes better than Johnson Barnes is a great athlete who also is a beast played DE the last 2 years wit a 4.4 40 and great quickness a poor mans Demarcus Ware i think. Look at how he produced there
-Keith Jackson Jr. Right on PackMan he look very good against a great badgers O-Line.
-Matt Trannon in the 6th or 7th 6'6 freak athlete i mean he played Bball 2 at MSU raw but could be a stud!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
-PackMan noway Olsen falls to 24
-disagree with Davis because hes not the big treat we need hes just another Driver and Jennings
I dis agree Davis is a treat... But if Olsen falls to 24 i will kiss anybodys feet who predidcted it ;)

Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I dis agree Davis is a treat... But if Olsen falls to 24 i will kiss anybodys feet who predidcted it ;)
You won't be kissing any feet then :)

Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

yeah he is but im talkin west coast offense wr's. Mike McCarthy even said he want to bring in some big wr's when he got this job to fit his offense. Driver and Jennings are also threats but not like Jarrett, Rice, Meachem, and Well Ginn Jr. but thats because he is sooooo fast but i just want another Walker type. But i do like Buster Davis just not the type of WR i'd like us to grab

Matt Trannon is a major sleeper!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

Any link yet or some type of proof or anything?!?!? Or where u heard it from 50?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
yeah he is but im talkin west coast offense wr's. Mike McCarthy even said he want to bring in some big wr's when he got this job to fit his offense. Driver and Jennings are also threats but not like Jarrett, Rice, Meachem, and Well Ginn Jr. but thats because he is sooooo fast but i just want another Walker type. But i do like Buster Davis just not the type of WR i'd like us to grab

Matt Trannon is a major sleeper!!!!
I wouldn't touch Rice but I like Meachem quite a bit and Jarrett wouldn't be a bad option

Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted something here about the Patriots & Packers trade a couple weeks ago. I don't remember where I first heard it from, but it wasn't anything I would consider more than a rumor anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to dream that we will get the #24 and #28 pick for the #16 pick but the reality is that it's highly unlikely. Just look at the values of the trade value chart.

16-1,000

24-740
28-660
= 1,400

The value of 1,400 is the #8 pick overall. I know the trade value chart isn't the end all be all for most teams but we are way off with the expected value with the #16 overall pick.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote