Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See Tyler Palko with a weaker arm and better anticipation
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseSt39 View Post
Size and strength can be added and built upon. Either you can read defenses and make quick, accurate decisions or you can't. Kellen does that better than Luck or RGIII. I laugh when guys say they would take Lindley or Corp over Moore when those guys were downright lousy in college. How does a crappy college QB become a make a good pro?
If Moore had the frame to build on, I'd buy into him to a greater degree. He doesn't, so if he ever got his strength to the point it needs to be at, I think he'd lose his flexibility in the process.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moore is going to have throw power rating of 33 in Madden. His accuracy will be a 94 though.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Moore is going to have throw power rating of 33 in Madden. His accuracy will be a 94 though.
In Madden 12 I picked up him up after my first year in UDFA and after his first year his was improved to like an 87 rating after one season with B Pot.So he is not bad in video games just won't have the big arm but he can run and do a great west coast offense type of system as stated on his combine profile at NFL website.He also can scramble pretty well to and get extra yardage but that is video games tho the real deal for him will be way different.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone draft him and send him to Eric Cressey. Moore can be the football version of Tim Collins.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone draft him and send him to Eric Cressey. Moore can be the football version of Tim Collins.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Size and strength can be added and built upon.
You're either 6'1 or bigger, or you aren't. There is no magic way to grow two inches (at his age).
Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.

I wasn't talking about height, I was talking about arm strength and bulk.
BoiseSt39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.BoiseSt39 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Kellen Moore Hail Mary vs. Nevada 2010
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen javelin throwers take less steps in their delivery. There is no argument on arm strength - he doesn't have it.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What happens next?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
What happens next?
lol! Ouch!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus thought this beating was in the past... Whyd you have to bring back bad memories...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was only a 55-yard throw (really, not that big of a deal when talking about a college qb), and he had a 5-yard run-up, something he will never have. Plus, it floated and hung in the air for about 3 seconds. 55-yards, with a 5-yard run-up, and still taking 3 seconds? That's terrible.

I remember watching Josh Johnson sling 60 yard bullets at San Diego in 2 to 2.5 seconds. And that was without running into the throws either...

http://youtu.be/tBz2ZOTXlKg
^Andrew Luck, who doesn't have a cannon but certainly not weak, throws it 45 yards in 2.13 seconds, according to my stopwatch. To be official, I had Moore's throw at 3.41 seconds. That is an insane difference for just 10 yards, specifically when Kellen was able to run into his throw.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you have to wind it up and get a running start to throw the ball 55 yards, you have no arm strength.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

I hear Jamarcus Russell has a cannon arm.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I hear Jamarcus Russell has a cannon arm.
Number of successful NFL QBs without arm strength under 6'0: 0.

Number of current successful NFL QBs with decent arm strength: 32.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

Tebow has a rocket arm too. Brodie Croyle, Nathan Enderele, Tom Brandstater, and Mike (Kellen's backup) Coughlin could "make all of the throws"

My point is: Kellen will be successful in spite of his lack of arm strength.

He gets the ball out of his hands and into the hands of the real athletes on the field faster and better than any college player I've seen.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was absolutely atrocious defense that allowed that to happen. Any NFL defense would have been playing off and there would have been a safety back there waiting to fair catch that pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

And back to that hail Mary:

Kellen hit a diving Titus Young in stride. Titus Young was one of the fastest recievers in last year's class.

If Kellen had gotten the ball to that point in 2.1 seconds instead of 3.1 seconds, it would have been an overthrown ball.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
That was absolutely atrocious defense that allowed that to happen. Any NFL defense would have been playing off and there would have been a safety back there waiting to fair catch that pass.
Very True. Nevada's D has always sucked.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ha ha Kellen Moore.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tebow has a rocket arm too. Brodie Croyle, Nathan Enderele, Tom Brandstater, and Mike (Kellen's backup) Coughlin could "make all of the throws"

My point is: Kellen will be successful in spite of his lack of arm strength.

He gets the ball out of his hands and into the hands of the real athletes on the field faster and better than any college player I've seen.
Quote:
And back to that hail Mary:

Kellen hit a diving Titus Young in stride. Titus Young was one of the fastest recievers in last year's class.

If Kellen had gotten the ball to that point in 2.1 seconds instead of 3.1 seconds, it would have been an overthrown ball.
Now your just starting to sound foolish overall.

Brodie Croyle has a below average arm. It's the reason he isn't a starter in the league. That, and he can never stay healthy.

And he can throw it there in 2.1 seconds and still complete it. It's called putting zip on it and the proper trajectory. If he slings it in there (which he can't), then it gets there quicker, Titus more than likely doesn't have to dive, and then he truly hits him in stride where he is able to run after the catch.

You keep ignoring the obvious; the guy has ZERO arm strength. He was bouncing passes to quick outs at the Senior Bowl. Kellen Moore doesn't belong as an NFL quarterback and will NEVER find success at the position. It doesn't happen and will not happen.

Kellen Moore is a smart guy who knows a playbook from front to back by memory. That's great, too bad it doesn't automatically make you a professional football player just like knowing a novel front and back doesn't make you an author. Too completely overlook his extremely lacking physical tools is just being blind to the obvious.

When you name me a 5-11 190 lbs. quarterback with small hands and no arm strength that has found success since 2000, then I will lend some credence to an argument. Until then, you're just somebody holding a penny in your hand and think it's gold because you're too blind to see the difference.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"It came down like a punt."
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BoiseSt39
Rookie

Kellen made a lot of good throws at the senior bowl. The quick out was tipped by Couples.

Excuse me for believing in the guy. People said the same things about him from high school to college. The prevailing thought is that he can't make the jump to the NFL. I think he will surprise a lot of people. People hate on Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin for similar reasons, and those guys are only motivated further.
I think he's worth a 5th round pick. He can move an offense if your starter goes down.
To say he's worthless, or that he has no future in the NFL is wrong.
But, I guess you're right about that hail Mary.