Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is cause all the good athletic OT want to play TE or are moved to the defensive side. Also the spread makes them good pass blockers, but don't get as much work in the run game.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd put Kalil behind Thomas but not sure if i'd have him rated lower than Long, who has trouble with quick guys on occasion.

Some of the knocks i hear about Kalil giving less than 100% i havent seen and i've watched about 90% of his games over two years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
In almost every game I watch, he'll make his initial pop on his man in a run play and then go to the second level and just watch the runner.

I know BOE has seen this many times as well. It drives me crazy.
******* page trapz.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't disagree with this, either.

I've said it quite often: there are no Walter Joneses, or Bosellis, or Ogdens anymore. We witnessed the golden era of left tackles. Hope you all enjoyed it, because it's unlikely we ever see that many elite HoF caliber players all physical freaks to boot) at one position as we did in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I mean, hell, a guy like Tarik Glenn (who was seen as a very good, but not quite elite tackle in that era) could arguably be better than anyone in the NFL right now.
There definitely aren't any of those guys, but remember the oldest of the current bunch of elite LTs is 28. For an OL this is pretty much early prime...or I just made that up...Either way, I think very good to great days are ahead for all of these guys.

That said, it'll be hard for any generation to stack with the last one. Pace...Ogden...Jones...Boselli...the disturbingly underrated Willie Roaf (who I might take over anyone here not named Ogden, even Pace)...
Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He's no Orlando Pace, but Duane Brown is really, really ******* good now. That Texans o-line as a whole is really, really ******* good now. Somewhere David Carr would be pissed if his brain weren't total mush.
Ah there's someone more underrated than D'Brick...both of the Texans T's are awesome...compared to them I don't think you can call any OL underrated.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, Lincoln Kennedy was really good, too. And then you had some really, really good RTs, too, in Leon Searcy, Willie Anderson, Matt Lepsis, etc.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
****, Lincoln Kennedy was really good, too. And then you had some really, really good RTs, too, in Leon Searcy, Willie Anderson, Matt Lepsis, etc.
The Eagles bookend T duo...Completely forgot about Kennedy...Willie Anderson too...that guy was pretty nasty.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Turley had his moments of awesome too. Throwing people, helmets...threatening to kill Mike Martz.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it should also be noted Kalil started 2 years at USC. he redshirted in 2008. he backed up Tyron at RT in 2009. He started 10 and 11. Which is fine. but some of these other prospects were 40+ game starters. Jake Long started as a Redshirt Freshman. Russell Okung started as a true freshman at Oregon State. unlike running back, the more starts an OL has the better prospect he becomes.

Obviously it's harder to start at USC than Oregon State but there is still a difference in experience, if we are comparing Kalil to other top OT from years past.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 02-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
2008: < Jake Long
2007: = Joe Thomas
2006: < D'Brickshaw Ferguson
Joe Thomas was better than both of those.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eugene Monroe >>> Jason Smith.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
it should also be noted Kalil started 2 years at USC. he redshirted in 2008. he backed up Tyron at RT in 2009. He started 10 and 11. Which is fine. but some of these other prospects were 40+ game starters. Jake Long started as a Redshirt Freshman. Russell Okung started as a true freshman at Oregon State. unlike running back, the more starts an OL has the better prospect he becomes.

Obviously it's harder to start at USC than Oregon State but there is still a difference in experience, if we are comparing Kalil to other top OT from years past.
Do you mean Oklahoma State?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Kalil is as good as any of the past offensive tackle prospects except maybe Okung and Jason Smith. I'd take Tyron Smith over him; Smith is considerably more athletic.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Do you mean Oklahoma State?
yeh sorry okla state not oregon st.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeh sorry okla state not oregon st.
They're both OSU and they're both orange. It's all good.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You didn't mention Willie Roaf, a HoF'er very soon.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Kalil right behind Long and Thomas, and if he were to stay another year at USC I wouldn't have been surprised to see him maybe trade out better than them. Kalil will be a top 3 pick, and should play much better than some of the recent high OTs.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't disagree with this, either.

I've said it quite often: there are no Walter Joneses, or Bosellis, or Ogdens anymore. We witnessed the golden era of left tackles. Hope you all enjoyed it, because it's unlikely we ever see that many elite HoF caliber players all physical freaks to boot) at one position as we did in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I mean, hell, a guy like Tarik Glenn (who was seen as a very good, but not quite elite tackle in that era) could arguably be better than anyone in the NFL right now.
Could guys like DJ Fluker and Seantrel Henderson reach that level?

As for Kalil, I think he's going to be like Jordan Gross at the next level. Not overly dominant, but pretty good.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil has a skill set and a body type to be an All Star at the next level. He clearly has top 5 talent which puts him in a class with the top LT's in pro football.

However, he hasn't built up his body just yet and has a long way to go before you can compare him to anybody in the NFL. He is more like D'Brick than anybody else since he played college ball at 295 and will need to add 10-20lbs. to be effective at the next level. Like D'Brick, he must not only gain the weight but turn it into muscle and learn how to use it in pro football. Until we see the finished produce, there is no way to tell how good he can be.

Joe Thomas is the best LT in the league and Jake Long is just behind him. Kalil might get to their category but he has a long road to that level.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a prospect, I'd also have Kalil rated just below Jake Long and Joe Thomas and at about the same level as D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not sure the # of starts stat means as much for an offensive tackle as it does for a QB, in fact i know it doesnt. And i would add when you're in that USC system you're facing tough competition on a daily basis. One year wonder i might worry but not 24 or 25 games.

On a sidenote i'm still high on my guy Okung. He needs to somehow stay healthy and play with a little more discipline but he can be a good one.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting look at things, great idea to compare top prospects from the past at their position to now, this is how I would see things going as far back as 2000

2011: > Tyronn Smith
2010: > Russell Okung
2009: > Jason Smith
2008: < Jake Long
2007: < Joe Thomas
2006: = D'Brickshaw Ferguson
2005: > Jammal Brown
2004: < Robert Gallery
2003: > Jordan Gross
2002: < Bryant McKinnie
2001: < Leonard Davis
2000: < Chris Samuels

So compared to recent years Matt Kalil I would say is better than some of those guys. But back in the day, I would take a lot of those offensive tackles coming out of college over Kalil just based on size and run blocking ability.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Tyron Smith over Kalil every time. Not even close the amount of upside. Not just because i'm a Cowboys fan, but Tyron Smith has the potential to be one of the best in the game. He is probably the most athletic and has freakishly long arms. If he adds some more bulk (which he has the frame to do) and he gets coached and developed the right way, he should be a perennial all-pro.

It isn't even all potential/upside with Tyron anymore either, he played pretty damn good this year. He stonewalled Jason Babin, one of the only bright spots when the Cowboys played the Eagles. He was a deserving pro-bowl alternate.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 02-04-2012 at 04:49 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is false. He is finally rated appropriately.
Interesting discussion actually if D'Brick is over or underrated. Last season he had a down year by his standards and I think he only reached the Pro Bowl on reputation. With that said though, it is not easy to protect an erratic and very inconsistent QB in Mark Sanchez in a horribly run Jets offense which had a very bad mix of talents anywhere you looked. On the top of his game and in recent years he has been arguably the best pure pass blocking OT in the game and while he is not a mauler in the run game, over the last couple of years he had developed tremendously in that regard. He is very good in open space and the Jets also ran behind him more and more as he started to fill out his body.

In the end I think Brick is a perennial pro bowl tackle who has his strength in pass blocking who on a good day can compare to anyone in this league. Too bad he is a bit inconsistent.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I'd take Tyron Smith over Kalil every time. Not even close the amount of upside. Not just because i'm a Cowboys fan, but Tyron Smith has the potential to be one of the best in the game. He is probably the most athletic and has freakishly long arms. If he adds some more bulk (which he has the frame to do) and he gets coached and developed the right way, he should be a perennial all-pro.

It isn't even all potential/upside with Tyron anymore either, he played pretty damn good this year. He stonewalled Jason Babin, one of the only bright spots when the Cowboys played the Eagles. He was a deserving pro-bowl alternate.
You do know Kalil was the reason why Tyron Smith is stuck at RT. No doubt Kalil is the better prospect and has better potential. Kalil is a elite prospect, lock top 3 pick while Smith was a top 15 prospect in an average draft last year.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
You do know Kalil was the reason why Tyron Smith is stuck at RT. No doubt Kalil is the better prospect and has better potential. Kalil is a elite prospect, lock top 3 pick while Smith was a top 15 prospect in an average draft last year.
Kalil was also Tyron's backup at RT during their Freshman year. I think people read too much into "Kalil was the reason Tyron played RT", Tyron was already at RT for a year by the time Kalil was ready to crack the starting line up. If you think Kalil is good enough to handle LT why bother moving Tyron?

And as far as potential, Tyron was 19 years old the last time he suited up for USC while Kalil came into this season at 22. Tyron's upside at his age with that athleticism was pretty rare.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-04-2012 at 07:05 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote