Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something will go wrong with the Saints and they'll miss. The team hosting the Super Bowl always does.... Check this out:

XLVI - Indianapolis (Colts missed the playoffs)
XLV - Dallas (Cowboys missed the playoffs)
XLIV - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XLIII - Tampa (Buccaneers missed the playoffs)
XLII - Glendale (Cardinals missed the playoffs)
XLI - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XL - Detroit (Lions missed the playoffs)
XXXIX - Jacksonville (Jaguars missed the playoffs)
XXXVIII - Houston (Texans missed the playoffs)
XXXVII - San Diego (Chargers missed the playoffs)
XXXVI - New Orleans (Saints missed the playoffs)
XXXV - Tampa (Buccaneers made the playoffs)

It hasn't happened since 2000. It's in the fashion of repeating; most teams can't handle it since it's a lot of pressure. I figure the Panthers will make a huge leap and take them out.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons and Broncos won't.

NFC East remains up in the air. despite the Giants Super Bowl win. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they missed it, but I wouldn't predict it either.

I not only think the Bengals will make it, I think they take a step forward. Like that team.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way I see Detroit missing the playoffs, minus a Stafford injury. He actually had a really good playoff game, if they can get that secondary patched up they will go far again. He was playing like one of the best QB's in the league, and Calvin is in his prime.

I think they have a better chance of winning the division then missing the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals
Broncos
Giants
Lions
Falcons

Hard to pick 5.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Denver, Detroit, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New England.

You guys aren't counting the Super Bowl loser?
Are you kidding me, have you seen our schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are a much better pick to not make it then the Pats. Everyone seems to forget that after winning the 1st SB with Eli they had a nice playoff drought afterwards. Really not that hard to see it again, considering if you played the "what if" game you wouldn't have to dig too deep to find a scenario with them missing the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Giants are a much better pick to not make it then the Pats. Everyone seems to forget that after winning the 1st SB with Eli they had a nice playoff drought afterwards. Really not that hard to see it again, considering if you played the "what if" game you wouldn't have to dig too deep to find a scenario with them missing the playoffs.
We made the playoffs the next year after the SB and could have been considered the best team in the NFL that year. In fact the best football I've ever seen in my life was an 8 game stretch that year when they took down every winning team they played and most weren't even close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't believe anyone would bet against tebow. especially in a division with aj smith/norv turner, carson palmer as a starting nfl qb and matt cassel on a roster.
No Jamaal CHarles, Tony Moeaki and Eric Berry and we STILL nearly got into the playoffs.Now get those 3 healthy and it's on
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i heard your offense was going to involve 100% handoffs to thomas jones (who you'll resign) and that eric berry was being moved to NT. also you're trading charles for moreno straight up. NOW WHAT.
You still have Tebow at QB.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i heard your offense was going to involve 100% handoffs to thomas jones (who you'll resign) and that eric berry was being moved to NT. also you're trading charles for moreno straight up. NOW WHAT.
Say it ain't so! NOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
You still have Tebow at QB.
Oh, there it is. He got ya there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on guys. Let's not write off the Falcons until they make the playoffs with expectations that they will never meet.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Congratulations to the Giants for winning the Super Bowl. With the 2011 season in the rear view mirror, it's time to look forward to 2012. Every year like clockwork, five teams miss the playoffs that made it the year before. So who do you think those five will be next season? My guess...

Cincinnati
Denver
Detroit
Atlanta
San Francisco
It is actually 5 to as many as 8 teams annually that fail to make the playoffs.
Generally, you can start with the Wild Card teams since schedule has a huge impact on which teams make the playoffs and which teams don't.

Any conference that draws a very tough schedule can be eliminated from getting a Wild Card Team while a conference that draws a very easy schedule can usually be assured of getting a Wild Card team even if they weren't close last year.

So if the AFC North draws an extremely tough schedule 2 of the 3 teams who made it last year could all be in serious trouble.

Certainly, Denver made it by the skin of their teeth so they are also a likely candidate.

In the NFC, depending on their schedule, the Giants could really struggle if no Wild Card comes out of their division as the Eagles and Cowboys could challenge for 1st place.

Between, Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago, it could all come down to who stayed the healthiest all year and schedule could factor in as well.

Among all of last year's playoff teams, I'd rate Houston and San Fran as the surest teams to repeat not because they are great or anything but because neither faces a serious challenge for 1st place.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
<===3
Rookie

<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants will make it as a wildcard, and destroy dreams once again.
<===3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Something will go wrong with the Saints and they'll miss. The team hosting the Super Bowl always does.... Check this out:

XLVI - Indianapolis (Colts missed the playoffs)
XLV - Dallas (Cowboys missed the playoffs)
XLIV - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XLIII - Tampa (Buccaneers missed the playoffs)
XLII - Glendale (Cardinals missed the playoffs)
XLI - Miami (Dolphins missed the playoffs)
XL - Detroit (Lions missed the playoffs)
XXXIX - Jacksonville (Jaguars missed the playoffs)
XXXVIII - Houston (Texans missed the playoffs)
XXXVII - San Diego (Chargers missed the playoffs)
XXXVI - New Orleans (Saints missed the playoffs)
XXXV - Tampa (Buccaneers made the playoffs)

It hasn't happened since 2000. It's in the fashion of repeating; most teams can't handle it since it's a lot of pressure. I figure the Panthers will make a huge leap and take them out.
3/4 of those teams sucked though when the Super Bowl went there... Barring a Drew Brees injury, we will make the playoffs.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
3/4 of those teams sucked though when the Super Bowl went there... Barring a Drew Brees injury, we will make the playoffs.
What if they lose Colston, Meachem, Nicks, Porter and Harper and have no first round pick to replace any of them with?

....just saying.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
What if they lose Colston, Meachem, Nicks, Porter and Harper and have no first round pick to replace any of them with?

....just saying.
Harpers not a FA, Porter was a backup CB near the end of the year, and I expect use to lose Colston and retain Meachem and Nicks.... Losing Colston hurts but we still have 5 WRs that can play, on top of Graham and Sproles.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <===3 View Post
The Giants will make it as a wildcard, and destroy dreams once again.
It is fun coming out of no where and winning vs being hyped up pre season and expected to win and doing so. The best super bowl wins for me were the unexpected ones, so the 2007 one will be the most special win for me.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It is fun coming out of no where and winning vs being hyped up pre season and expected to win and doing so. The best super bowl wins for me were the unexpected ones, so the 2007 one will be the most special win for me.
It's a bold choice to like the underdog story...
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harpers not a FA, Porter was a backup CB near the end of the year, and I expect use to lose Colston and retain Meachem and Nicks.... Losing Colston hurts but we still have 5 WRs that can play, on top of Graham and Sproles.
I'm sorry, but I struggle to see a scenario where the Saints have enough money to keep Nicks and Brees.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
I'm sorry, but I struggle to see a scenario where the Saints have enough money to keep Nicks and Brees.
We sign Brees to say a 4-5 year deal, load it in the back end, equates enough money to get Nicks.

Am I the only one who believes that the Brees contract is taking forever is because he wants to figure out a way to keep everyone here in New Orleans?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who believes that the Brees contract is taking forever is because he wants to figure out a way to keep everyone here in New Orleans?
**** yes. Brees is only looking out for number one, which in this case is number 9. I don't think he gives a **** whether they can keep Nicks or not to be honest since he knows this is his last big contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, it doesn't make sense to have to $8 mil per year guards on our OL whilst having **** at center and overrated tackles. Brees won't be able to roll out of the pocket forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote