Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Yeah, I was pretty sober for this SB, so I was Xs and Os out all game. Thought it was a pretty fascinating game schematically, actually.
I caught myself paying more attention to what the Pats were doing schematically this game. I knew it would be a great chess match game for us X and O nerds, just bc of the coaching staffs involved.

I was very impressed with Bellichick's gameplan on defense. It was HOF worthy in my eyes had they won the game.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Imagine today if Eli didn't cry and have his daddy get the bad man to trade him to the team he wanted to play for.

"Daddy, it's not fair, I WANNA PLAY FOR THE GIANTS!"

"OK, Eli, let me see what I can do. Just let me do all of the talking for you."

That behavior right there is one reason that I have with Eli. What a baby. Just like horse-face.
I heard the other day that Kellen Winslow Sr. told Archie after the trade happened, that he would have done the same thing.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I heard the other day that Kellen Winslow Sr. told Archie after the trade happened, that he would have done the same thing.
He let his son get drafted by the Browns; dude ****** up.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, remember when Tiki Barber said that Eli couldnt lead a team...er something like that lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
Tebow wins too.
eliTE(bow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Imagine today if Eli didn't cry and have his daddy get the bad man to trade him to the team he wanted to play for.

"Daddy, it's not fair, I WANNA PLAY FOR THE GIANTS!"

"OK, Eli, let me see what I can do. Just let me do all of the talking for you."

That behavior right there is one reason that I have with Eli. What a baby. Just like horse-face.
*shrug* a guy using his leverage to get what he wants isn't being a baby, but whatevs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think hes now may a good case for himself, but its super funny how 7-8 weeks ago Eli was right where hes always been around the top 10 in QBs, Coughlin was about to get fired, and the giants were about to miss the playoffs after falling right on their face for half the year. He has some heroics in him thats for sure...but i think its laughable how a few weeks goes by and now all of the sudden eli is on aaron rodgers level and coughlin is a HOF coach.
Eli was a top 6 QB before this playoff run and he's a top 6 QB after it.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
no it doesnt! people make the same argument in EVERY SPORT about EVERY PLAYER's HALL OF FAME CREDENTIALS!!! RINGS = IN according to some people. you are out of your mind.

your argument = playoffs = hof, regardless of a very pedestrian regular season career.

Justin Tuck is a hall of famer if Eli Manning is a hall of famer. 2 rings, a much better player at his position.

edit: eli plays the most important position in sports, and has done so at a very tier 2 level over his entire career. not HOF worthy. If Eli Manning doesn't win a 2nd superbowl, he isn't within a lightyear of this discussion. he wins it, and loonies start mentioning it because they had 1 too many.
You do have a point. If Eli never won two super bowls then most probably would not consider him elite. But he has won 2 and he beat one of the all time great qbs... twice when that qb had two record setting seasons. He's going to the hall of fame and when his career is over he will be a first ballot player.

Who was the last non elite qb to win the super bowl? Brad Johnson? That was a long time ago. Like when a defense mattered. Now it's all about the qb. Only elite qbs win in this new era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 02-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eli was a top 6 QB before this playoff run and he's a top 6 QB after it.
Top 6 is kind of ambiguous. He is at the absolute highest the 5th best QB, and I'd put him at 6th as long as Peyton is included. Behind Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger. He won't have much competition from anyone behind him in terms of career accomplishments for a while though unless someone like Rivers pulls out an MVP and a Super Bowl.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Top 6 is kind of ambiguous. He is at the absolute highest the 5th best QB, and I'd put him at 6th as long as Peyton is included. Behind Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger. He won't have much competition from anyone behind him in terms of career accomplishments for a while though unless someone like Rivers pulls out an MVP and a Super Bowl.
I'd put him ahead of Roethlisberger but that's because I've always preferred Eli's intelligence to Big Ben's neanderthal untackleability. Either way my point was that Eli was playing like an elite QB all season long and it's not, like the poster who I was responding to suggested, a case where he turned it on late in the season. No Eli was consistently great this year in all but the redskin and second eagles games, it's the defense that was MIA until the last couple weeks of the regular season, the OL that was inconsistent all season long, non-existent running game and breaking out receiving corps growing together.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
KW Senior is a raging douchebag.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
*shrug* a guy using his leverage to get what he wants isn't being a baby, but whatevs.
He whined about it and had daddy do his talking for him.

It's one thing to use leverage, it's another to looking like a complete baby in doing so. *shrug*
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He whined about it and had daddy do his talking for him.

It's one thing to use leverage, it's another to looking like a complete baby in doing so. *shrug*
I also think it was more the other way around. Archie knew what it was like to play for **** organization all those years and he wanted better. I think it was more his advising of Eli what to do.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote