Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Peyton Manning on the Vikings: What do you think?
I'm not as high as you are, clearly. 2 13.33%
Would rather stick with Ponder, draft Kalil, and throw money at one of the good receivers out there 4 26.67%
It's an interesting theory, but never gonna happen. 8 53.33%
Holy crap....I actually think you're onto something here. 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Manning Theory

I'm going to preface this with that I still believe the Redskins, Jets, Cardinals, and maybe even the Titans are going to be the front-runners for Peyton Manning after he gets cut.

However, I think there will be some darkhorse candidates, and that the Vikings are one of them.

The theory:
1) The Vikings have a history of bringing in great QBs towards the end of their careers (Warren Moon, and even though they were brought in to be backups there was Jeff George (who I probably shouldn't label as great, but was a pretty good QB here) and Randall Cunningham, they flirted with Dan Marino for an offseason once, and of course Favre and McNabb - both of whom Zygi signed off on).
2) Zygi thought Favre would get him a stadium - would he think Manning could get him a stadium?
3) The Vikings will have the money.
4) Harvin, Rudolph, and eventually AP should be enough firepower to entice Manning (and I'm also of the opinion Reggie Wayne is gonna follow Manning wherever he goes).
5) You get Kalil with the 3rd pick and move Johnson to guard and the line looks a lot better.

Again, just a theory, just speculation.

What do you think?
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please god yes. how great would that be to have ponder sit behind the greatest qb the league has ever seen for a couple of years
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see you back, Moss.

Yes, i too would be willing to roll with Mannign for a couple of years, giving Ponder a longer time to develop.....

But we all know that the Vikes won't do it. They would be worried that it would reflect the Ponder pick as a failure, even though it would probably be a great idea & perhaps the best thing for him.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is too many ?'s surronding Peytons health as it concerns to the nerves. I would prefer to continue with Ponders development, especially considering how far off they are from contending next year.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Who the hell is saying that? Zero chance. RT @TTro89: @TomPelissero is the manning to Minnesota rumor picking up any momentum?
It's not going to happen. Spielman and Frazier learned their lesson from last year and know that this team needs to be rebuilt and isn't ready to contend.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he was 100% healthy i would say it would be cool. But, i think the vikings organization is tired of journeymen quarterbacks and think that the future lies with Ponder.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder's 4yr/10+ miilion contract isn't so obscene that a move for manning couldn't happen cap-wise... I'd love to see him here in purple.
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote