Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Brooks broken foot out 10-12 weeks, ugh he looked good in the preseason and now we have no depth at cb.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Ron Brooks broken foot out 10-12 weeks, ugh he looked good in the preseason and now we have no depth at cb.
He looked terrible in camp though. Bills QBs seemed to look for him often.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
He looked terrible in camp though. Bills QBs seemed to look for him often.
???? Reports I saw he was solid.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many practices did you attend, Matt? Didn't always hear great things out of camp, but he was always up to it in the games.

Anyway, that does blow. McGee can't be counted on. I like McKelvin and Rogers, but it's still a potentially shallow group with unsure starters.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Might be bs cuz

Quote:
Im not sure I believe this.
Just looked at his twitter account and he's been telling people he's "good".
The report is from
Quote:
Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso
Breaking News: A source close to the situation tells me #Bills CB Ron Brooks broke his foot. Out 10-12 weeks. Potential IR candidate.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would any NFL coach come out and say this?

Rex Ryan: Stephen Hill not 'my pick' for New York Jets

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he's a loud mouthed asshole?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill> Rex Ryan

it's gonna be funny when they win 6 games and he gets canned after the season
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, how anyone could be happy with a head coach who just spews this **** out that couldnt possibly bring any good to the team is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Seriously, how anyone could be happy with a head coach who just spews this **** out that couldnt possibly bring any good to the team is beyond me.
Media attention. To Woody Johnson, making the headlines is HIS Superbowl.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Media attention. To Woody Johnson, making the headlines is HIS Superbowl.
I was more referring to the fans. Idk, I can't imagine Jets fans enjoying this type of talk, but who knows maybe they do. Input Jets fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD reporting today, according to the Scheft.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
MJD reporting today, according to the Scheft.
I guess he has finally accepted his QB will be Blaine Gabbert.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Why would any NFL coach come out and say this?

Rex Ryan: Stephen Hill not 'my pick' for New York Jets

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
That's honestly the first time I think I've ever seen Rex not ultra positive about one of his players. He usually tells people he thinks he has the best to ever play the game...

What he said sounds like "if this guy is a bust, don't blame me for it."
Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe rex knows he can't develop a raw WR prospect like that and is saving his ass already just in case

what a doucher, i can not stand rex

poor Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Well, nothing told me he would (contribute)," Ryan told Don Banks of Sports Illustrated. "Nothing. When I saw the tape (of his collegiate play) I was concerned.
I'm sure that's going to fill him with confidence.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan is a terrible head coach. Very good defensive coordinator but horrible at the overall job. Jets fans are getting sick of his mouth also I know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Giants can get still get Hill next season after Barden has a breakout year and gets a big contract from somebody else next summer?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Rex Ryan say that? I mean seriously? And if I'm not mistaken wasn't he talking up Wayne Hunter a few weeks ago? That's very confusing, and for a raw developing rookie it's the last thing you would want to say. Hell if I was the GM I'd be pissed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frankly I took the statement by Ryan differently when I read it and I don't think what people are interpreting is what he meant to convey. I thought he was saying at draft time, I didn't really want to draft a receiver in the second round, and frankly I didn't like Hill's tape either. Now that I've seen him in camp, I'd like to take credit for the pick (complement to Hill), but to be honest at the time I didn't like it. Now I have no idea why he said it anyway, but I think it was meant to be more positive than people are interpreting. Also, not sure if it was Ryan or the reporter who made the mistake, but Terry Bradway is the personnel guy the Jets have, not Terry Brady.

That said as a Jets fan, I wish the organization was run like the Giants. The team is a freaking circus that, as BB said, seems to be more about getting headlines than winning games. Very frustrating as a fan, but that's really more about ownership than the HC or the GM I think (not that either of them helps, especially Ryan).

As far as Ryan, I loved him as a HC at first. Really changed the team's culture in a positive way, but now I think he's more or less lost control and the team seems like a mess. Maybe they'll pleasantly surprise me, but I don't think so. I agree with what GF1080 said about him being a better DC than HC at this point, he has a great defensive mind. Think the defense is going to be really, really good this year and while there's some good talent on defense a lot of that is scheming and using players in ways that suit their skill sets. He's generally been quieter this offseason which has been nice, but I think sometimes can't help himself.

I don't think the team will be as bad as some people think this year, though I don't think they'll make the playoffs either, and I think at this point given it's the third year of generally the same people in the organization somebody is going to pay the price for it. But I think it's going to be Tannenbaum instead of Ryan, since he's made some clear mistakes as a GM too in terms of just ignoring spots. That's my take anyway.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that offense is just putrid though, nobody could win with that. I don't know who to blame primarily for the lack of talent on the offensive line, backfield, WR's, and QB's as well. I'd rather have the Dolphins offense right now to be honest. At least they have what I believe is a franchise QB, a franchise LT who is 1 of the best in the game, and what looks to be a keeper at RT with talent at RB.

I don't know how the Jets let the offense get that bad, there has been some really bad evaluation going on that side of the ball with nearly every player/position.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it comes down to owners. Woody J vs. Maras. We don't like attention, and Woody seems to want the spotlight no matter what. This is why he loves Rex Ryan, and his brash attention getting nature. I think Johnson, as the owner, gets the blame. Be thankful he isn't the GM and trying to run football operations like Jerry Jones.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets offense isn't going to be good this season, there's no doubt about that. But it's not going to be as bad as it was it was during the preseason either, and frankly it wasn't good last year either.

Aside from losing Tomlinson (who didn't play a huge role last year anyway) and Plax in the red zone, the offense is pretty much the same as last year. Sanchez is a year older and whoever the #2 WR is they'll have more speed in between the 20's where Plax was a huge liability last year anyway because he wasn't a threat to beat anyone downfield.

I'd imagine the offense will feature more downfield throwing too, and whoever the RT is should be an upgrade over Hunter. The lack of any threat to throw the ball down the field in prior years was killer and I hope Sparano recognized that and will at least take some shots, hopefully that in turn allows the WR's to create more separation on shorter routes.

They'll certainly be very bad offensively, but they have a lot of games against inexperienced quarterbacks too (Tannenhill twice, Wilson, Locker, Luck, Gabbert, Skelton) and the defense should be good enough to keep them in those games at the very least along with some others when they play lights out. Like I said I don't think they're going to be a playoff team, but a 7-9, 8-8 type season isn't unrealistic either. If you take those 7 games I listed plus the Rams game, assume they can win 5-6 of those 8, split with the Bills like they tend to do, and assume they can pull out a win in 1 of their remaining 6 games (which could be a stretch) against the Pats twice, Texans, Steelers, Chargers, and 49ers. I think a little below or even at .500 sounds about right.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So DJ Ware to the Bucs. It's like NY Giants south down there with two former giants coaches now the Bucs coordinators. I hope he does well and better that Derrick Ward did.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well it comes down to owners. Woody J vs. Maras. We don't like attention, and Woody seems to want the spotlight no matter what. This is why he loves Rex Ryan, and his brash attention getting nature. I think Johnson, as the owner, gets the blame. Be thankful he isn't the GM and trying to run football operations like Jerry Jones.

For whatever it's worth, I actually don't despise the football decisions Jerry makes, he makes some good picks and some bad ones, I just wish he would stop thinking that he's the Head Coach. The idiotic comments where he openly talks about injuries, or the status of players, walking down from his box on the sideline in the 4th quarter of close games, etc.

I can live with the personnel Jerry though. He's certainly not the greatest or anywhere close, but he's not as bad as some fair weather fans make him him out to be when they get on their "Jerrah" rants. His problem is that he's more focused getting all the credit for everything, instead of making the football team better.

Quote: