Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
From 1996 to 2004, the Bears had one year where they weren't under .500, but they've sold out every home game since the late part of the 1982-1983 season.

Am I really reading stories about how constantly being one-and-done in the playoffs keeps San Diego from filling the stadium?

Not really going to buy the "going out and doing things" defense of those fans, either. Chicago's got more to do than San Diego. We don't sit on the couch all year waiting for the Bears games to start.
The Bears also have the smallest stadium in the NFL. Selling out 61,500 is a lot easier compared to 71,000. The Bears have also been around for like, 100 years or something. Everyone in that area, nearly 3 million people, has grown up with the Bears.

The Chargers filled over 90% of their home games last season in terms of attendance, drawing in an average of over 65,000 people per home game. At least according to these rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

This was better than a lot of other midwestern places like Cleveland, St.Louis, Cincinnati, and Washington (east coast). I guess those folks are "fairweather" too.

Perhaps ESPN's rankings are completely off though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone has fairweather fans except my team.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ has fairweather fans but we have sold out every single game since we moved to the new stadium
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
AZ has fairweather fans but we have sold out every single game since we moved to the new stadium
Ownership has finally decided to show the fans that they're attempting to be more than a low tier 3 team.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Bears also have the smallest stadium in the NFL. Selling out 61,500 is a lot easier compared to 71,000. The Bears have also been around for like, 100 years or something. Everyone in that area, nearly 3 million people, has grown up with the Bears.
C'mon now. The only reason we have 61,500 seats instead of the nice 80,000 seat retractable dome that was planned is one man's political power. He wanted the team on the lakefront, so it's on the lakefront. For every game we have thousands of people who want tickets and can't get them. I've been on the season ticket wait list since 2003 and with how low turnover rates have been, the estimate is at least 6 (and possibly as many as 11) more years for me unless I want to buy someone's PSL for the price of a new car.

Quote:
The Chargers filled over 90% of their home games last season in terms of attendance, drawing in an average of over 65,000 people per home game. At least according to these rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

This was better than a lot of other midwestern places like Cleveland, St.Louis, Cincinnati, and Washington (east coast). I guess those folks are "fairweather" too.

Perhaps ESPN's rankings are completely off though.
Those rankings are indeed off. The Redskins didn't average 84% attendance. They sold out every game and have a wait list, too. I understand Cleveland, and frankly, it's amazing that they've managed to beat San Diego in overall attendance. I wouldn't blame those poor fans for never going to a game.

St. Louis is definitely a bandwagon town. I lived there for a little while. I was getting Rams tickets for twelve bucks most weeks. Cinci's bad, too. Not sure how some other teams having fairweather fans is a valid defense of San Diego fans, though.

San Diego's had their team since before most of the people there were born (1961). They grew up with the Chargers just as much as Chicagoans grew up with the Bears. The San Diego metro area has over 3 million people. They've had a ton of recent success. Their offense is exciting to watch. Their fans don't have to sit through crappy hypothermic conditions.

So, yeah. They're fairweather.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-08-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout the Raiders?? We have die hard fans

All them cholos and **** gang banging lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

the shooting kind of gang banging.

Still seems vague and unclear.

Sex or Killing kind of gang banging?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

I understand the Raiders having low attendance.

A) There's a more popular team who hasn't switched cities with a stadium 20 miles from yours.

B) A lot of cholos and gangbangers aren't the ticket-buying type, lol. The people with money live on the other side of the bridge so they don't get robbed, and that's where the 49ers are.

Not a great place for a team.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to point out the Baggy Dome is about 1000x better than the piece of crap Oakland Coliseum.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Minn stadium is not out in the open.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Raiders don't move in with us
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

So, yeah. They're fairweather.
Yes, those other teams I listed with attendance problems certainly are. Good thing that label just isn't concentrated in southern California like some people like to believe.

I can't find any other links to attendance rankings. Don't blame me if I don't just take your word for it.

By the way when I saw the Redskins game against the 49ers, a good amount of people in the stadium where 49ers fans and that place was definitely not packed.

Apparently there is a rumor that the Redskins don't even have a waiting list for their season tickets:

http://www.seasonticketwaitinglist.c...n-tickets.html

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens signed Jacoby Jones WR. Bout time we have a legit PR
Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
I'd rather play in Candlestick for another 25 years.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
the shooting kind of gang banging.

Still seems vague and unclear.

Sex or Killing kind of gang banging?
I'm sure its both

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Ravens signed Jacoby Jones WR. Bout time we have a legit PR
Eh, he's not much of a returner. Kind of overrated, really.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob Bell retires from the NFL without even taking a practice snap for the Bengals.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
You'll be ok as long as you don't wear niners gear, make eye contact with their fans, or make any sudden movements in the stands.

They wouldn't go to Santa Clara unless the Raiders are playing a home game, anyway, though...right?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Yeah, I agree with this premise.

I believe there is a definite separation between selling out your games and having a fair-weather fanbase.

I'm willing to bet many-to-most stadiums have seats filled by countless laissez-faire fans.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nifty graphic. The ages of each Superbowl winning team's QB:

Seems like the average/median would both fall in that 30-32 area.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
on the plus side, weeden apparently has 2 full years to become an elite nfl qb before he moves to the wrong side of that graphic.
BUT HE'S SO MATURE AND PRO READY NJX! Didn't you listen to all the analysts??
Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
on the plus side, weeden apparently has 2 full years to become an elite nfl qb before he moves to the wrong side of that graphic.
******* lolololololol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i mean, it's true. being 478 years old *does* mean he doesn't even need to look at an nfl playbook before he can step into a huddle and take over a team in spite of never having run anything approximating an nfl offense before. but that's what i'm saying. i mean, even if the browns hold him back this year, and he can't force them to go undefeated through pure strength of will, he'll still have next year to try again.
Thanks for this post, njx

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
i mean, it's true. being 478 years old *does* mean he doesn't even need to look at an nfl playbook before he can step into a huddle and take over a team in spite of never having run anything approximating an nfl offense before. but that's what i'm saying. i mean, even if the browns hold him back this year, and he can't force them to go undefeated through pure strength of will, he'll still have next year to try again.
Oh man, if that's how good you think Weeden will be, just how good is Russell Wilson going to be? He's going to win ALL OF THE SUPERBOWLS. This year.

He was named captain after transferring njx! Clearly, GOAT material right there.

And if any of you disagree about the awesomeness of Weeden and Wilson, then you're just an ageist or you hate short people. So **** you!

Btw, pretend, just pretend for a second, that you have Weeden rated as a top 10 player....
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Here is a few minutes from Terrell Owens appearance on Dr. Phil.

Quote: