Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which fans are the worst?
Philadelphia Eagles 20 27.03%
New England Patriots 7 9.46%
Dallas Cowboys 10 13.51%
Atlanta Falcons 7 9.46%
Chicago Bears 3 4.05%
Baltimore Ravens 1 1.35%
Pittsburgh Steelers 10 13.51%
Other 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Which team has the worst fans?

On this board, it seems to me that generally there are logical and illogical posters from every team, so it's a fairly good sampling of the more hardcore fans of teams. There's the homers, there's the optimists, and the haters, and likely no realists. So, of the fans on this board, or in general, what team has the most uninformed, and largely hostile fanbase?
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Philly. Though TBH, every fanbase has ignorant and annoying fans.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts fans.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to rank them, but here's my list:

Packers (homers to a sickening degree)
Steelers (their love for "physical", i.e. insane style football drives me crazy)
Jets (although not here. I actually like the Jets fans around here *shivers*)
Patriots (Yup, we suck. Whenever we don't look like the 2004 Patriots we ***** and moan)
Falcons (every player they have is top 5 at their position. Fact, not opinion)
Saints (combination of Falcons and Packers)
Colts (Manning is God and other idiotic opinions)

I need to list the best fans as well:
Bill (classy bunch everywhere I run into them either in RL or online)
Miami (see Buffalo, although the '72 team needs to burn in Hell)
Giants (always sees things both ways it seems)

I'm sure there are others in both categories, but these are the first that comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! **** THIS POLL MAN! It doesn't even have the obvious answer. I will not share what I think cuz I do not want the wrath of this certain teams' fans on my ass........but I will give u a clue. They play in a state that starts with W and it ain't the Seahawks!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two answers. The first is about the most hostile fans. That would be Philly fans. Many of them are assholes. They boo Santa Claus. They cheer when opponents get hurt. I remember when they went to the Super Bowl, there was a huge party at the Jacksonville Landing the Friday before the game. Eagles fans were starting fights for no reason at all. There are thousands of people crammed into a relatively small space and I barely bumped elbows with a Philly fan while walking, I had to quickly apologize to avoid being beat up and stabbed.

The other answer deals with uninformed fans. Last year it was Packers fans. Next year it will be Giants fan. Every time a team wins a championship, there are those annoying bandwagon fans who claim they have been fans for their entire lives. The worst two I've ever seen were when the Red Sox won their first World Series and the Packers this year. For example, I was at a Super Bowl party and there was this guy who was a Packers fan. I met him last Summer, so I assumed he was a real fan. But during this Super Bowl, he asked "Who is the QB of the Giants?" I told him "Eli Manning." He responded "Is that the guy from all those commercials?" I said "No, that is Peyton." He said "Oh, are they brothers?" He then asked "Who is the QB of the Patriots?" I then knew he was an obvious bandwagon fan of the Packers because they won last year and didn't know anything about football. I just hope this forum isn't inundated with moronic Giants fan who start 17 thread a day about how the Giants are the best team in NFL history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to add New Orleans fans to the list too. Part of it stems from my general disdain for all things Louisiana. Calling their counties parishes, using French common law rather than British, and spelling the long O sound like eaux. But Saints fans piss me off because they make it seem like they have this ultra-loyal fan base. But the truth is, New Orleans was in danger of losing their franchise before Katrina hit them because their fan support was so terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know anything about French common law, but I doubt it can be any less ******** than English common law.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Exactly, and people like to fling **** around here, I don't have to name names, they know who they are. That's exactly what I'm talking about and I get lambasted because I have a higher Intelligence Quotient and actually want to have a real conversation that goes beyond stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Nuff said.

You don't have to defend me, I'm not asking for defense, I just thought it'd be nice to actually have an intelligent conversation, sad that the Falcons fans are the worst group on this board for that.
You are vastly smarter than all of us, and you do claim the Falcons are the worst here, so...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clues #2 and #3...

This team's fan base hasn't had to answer this question "is (enter name of mediocre QB here) a franchise QB?" since I was 4.

#3...This team's fans aren't normal, contrarian people that wear hats, they wear pieces of cheese on their head.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is packers not an option?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately our team's IQ is dragged down substantially by one poster. Not going to name names...
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Leo
Rookie

Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to look at the worst fans as the most annoying ones.

1. Cowboys, largely because of their enormous bandwagon. I know it has been like this for a long time, but it's crazy how many ignorant Cowboys fans you can find in, not just Texas, but.... L.A, New York. They are everywhere.
2. Patriots - see above. Boy do they have a have large and rather arrogant and ignorant bandwagon. Many of them jumped on after 2001, and it clearly shows.
3. Saints. Maybe a little high on the list, but lately their fans have been really cocky. They think they are all the world. No, Brees is not the best QB ever, let alone today.
4. Steelers. Obnoxious trash talking bunch. Can't stand that big bad wolf. attitude.
5. Jets fans. They talk way too much. Way too much.

Last edited by Leo : 02-09-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than here on SWDC, Pats fans.

On SWDC, Bucs fans.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
#3...This team's fans aren't normal, contrarian people that wear hats, they wear pieces of cheese on their head.
I would just like to clarify this. Cheeseheads aren't very popular among actual Packer fans. Generally speaking, if you go to Lambeau, none of the season ticket holders will be wearing cheeseheads. Cheeseheads are usually worn by out of state tourist fans or very casual fans. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Because unlike fans in many other cities, they don't ever hear the words "black out" on gamedays.

I don't believe Packer fans on average are any smarter than average fans, and the women are fatter than many other teams.

But at least they sell out every single game every year, every decade, since almost all of us were born.

Contrast that to some teams who can't sell out when they aren't great. THOSE are **** fans if you ax me.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I would just like to clarify this. Cheeseheads aren't very popular among actual Packer fans. Generally speaking, if you go to Lambeau, none of the season ticket holders will be wearing cheeseheads. Cheeseheads are usually worn by out of state tourist fans or very casual fans. At least that's the impression I've gotten.
I was at the Packers game in San Diego this year, and as my pictures will show, there were proably over 5000 fans with cheeseheads on.

No I wasn't one.

I think many of them wear them just to show who they are rooting for, as it stands out obviously.

I wore one once: at a PGA Tournament just to get on national TV. I know- media ho.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do people even read the first post? The thread is supposed to be about who has the worst fans on this board. With that being said, I don't get how Philly is leading considering there are about 2 fans here and neither of them is bad. Actually I do get it...people didn't read the first post but still.

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB. Both fanbases do have its good posters but there are a few in each that are just terrible.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 02-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You are vastly smarter than all of us, and you do claim the Falcons are the worst here, so...
Case in point right here sir. You just continually confirm everything I've ever thought about you.

Unfortunately here you're a large representative for what's largely an uninformed fan base anyway.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Do people even read the first post? The thread is supposed to be about who has the worst fans on this board. With that being said, I don't get how Philly is leading considering there are about 2 fans here and neither of them is bad. Actually I do get it...people didn't read the first post but still.

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB.
It's all good man, things morph, as long as it's a good conversation it's doing what it's supposed to.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nvm (10 char)
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the irony of you (mike88) responding to these posts is that most people who cant stand packers fans cant stand them because of you and your absurd homerness. the irony needed to be pointed out.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post

If we're going by real life, i guess you could say Philly. On this board, I'm going with GB or TB. Both fanbases do have its good posters but there are a few in each that are just terrible.
JBCX was a Philly fan. No more explanation is necessary.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Because generally the Packers fans I've talked to have been fans for so long, and generally have good football knowledge, I haven't really had any run ins with many of them.

But, poll stops at 10, so I just added an other so we could have some discussion as well.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever wins the Superbowl that year.