Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: AFC East
Buffalo Bills 0 0%
Miami Dolphins 0 0%
New England Patriots 24 36.92%
New York Jets 41 63.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I love how people still talk about the Pats as having a bandwagon fanbase. The Pats have been arguably the most hated team in this league for the last seven or eight years.
Maybe, but they still have a huge bandwagon fanbase. The two can coexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Jet fans are the worst people on Earth. So, yea.
All that needed to be said, really.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Mark Sanchez sucks.
+10000000000
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poll is closed but I'll throw my two cents in here. However, let me preface these comments b saying that they are not indicative of the Pats fans on this board, of whom are some of the most knowledgeable and reasonable fans on this board:

Living in Connecticut... I have to say that Pats fans are by far the worst fans.

Jets fans have had their quick moment in the spotlight as the worst fans; but if we are talking all time, it is BY FAR Pats fans.

The Boston fan base, as a whole, in this area are some of the most pretentious annoying fans in the world.

I remember when Celtics tickets were routinely GIVEN AWAY as small ****** gifts at my job. Most of the time not used. Then they pick up KG and Ray and all of the sudden everyone is a life long, die hard Celtics fan.

I can't call Sox fans fair weather types but my god are they annoying. Any time they won, it was because they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anytime they lost; it couldn't possibly have been because the other team was better, it was because (and I quote) "the other team cheated" "the refs blew the game" "the curse" the list goes on.

Pats fans... I can't tell you how many people were Dolphins fans or Giants fans Cowboys fans in my area... "Americas Team" was a common phrasing that made me want to vomit. All of the sudden, Brady comes a long and... "Dynasty" became the new Pavlovian phrase that sent me running to the nearest trash can...

It's like these people don't remember the whole "Hartford Patriots" fiasco.

In short... if we started a poll for the worst "area fans" for all sports... it would be Boston fans... maybe NY with the Yankees and Jets combo.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Poll is closed but I'll throw my two cents in here. However, let me preface these comments b saying that they are not indicative of the Pats fans on this board, of whom are some of the most knowledgeable and reasonable fans on this board:

Living in Connecticut... I have to say that Pats fans are by far the worst fans.

Jets fans have had their quick moment in the spotlight as the worst fans; but if we are talking all time, it is BY FAR Pats fans.

The Boston fan base, as a whole, in this area are some of the most pretentious annoying fans in the world.

I remember when Celtics tickets were routinely GIVEN AWAY as small ****** gifts at my job. Most of the time not used. Then they pick up KG and Ray and all of the sudden everyone is a life long, die hard Celtics fan.

I can't call Sox fans fair weather types but my god are they annoying. Any time they won, it was because they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anytime they lost; it couldn't possibly have been because the other team was better, it was because (and I quote) "the other team cheated" "the refs blew the game" "the curse" the list goes on.

Pats fans... I can't tell you how many people were Dolphins fans or Giants fans Cowboys fans in my area... "Americas Team" was a common phrasing that made me want to vomit. All of the sudden, Brady comes a long and... "Dynasty" became the new Pavlovian phrase that sent me running to the nearest trash can...

It's like these people don't remember the whole "Hartford Patriots" fiasco.

In short... if we started a poll for the worst "area fans" for all sports... it would be Boston fans... maybe NY with the Yankees and Jets combo.
Being Canadian and having visited NY and Boston I honestly call it a toss up. Boston folk were some of the rudest arrogant people I've ever met. However, they were nice enough to me being from Canada for some reason, but man to each other it was terrible.

New York was very similar. Although I received no friendly reception, probably because I was wearing a patriots jersey. Although I didn't receive threats and whatnot while there as some have said. I found the New Yorkers to be just as hostile among each other as the folks in Boston.

All in all, from a Canadian perspective, you are all assholes in both cities. In Canada we aren't dicks to each other. So Congrats you both win!

Although i will say, in my area of Canada, most patriots fans are douche bandwagons who are not really into football but are sure to throw on a patriots jersey when they're winning.

Though, recently a /huge/ influx of Eli Manning jerseys are showing themselves.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being Canadian and having visited NY and Boston I honestly call it a toss up. Boston folk were some of the rudest arrogant people I've ever met. However, they were nice enough to me being from Canada for some reason, but man to each other it was terrible.

New York was very similar. Although I received no friendly reception, probably because I was wearing a patriots jersey. Although I didn't receive threats and whatnot while there as some have said. I found the New Yorkers to be just as hostile among each other as the folks in Boston.

All in all, from a Canadian perspective, you are all assholes in both cities. In Canada we aren't dicks to each other. So Congrats you both win!

Although i will say, in my area of Canada, most patriots fans are douche bandwagons who are not really into football but are sure to throw on a patriots jersey when they're winning.

Bandwagon fans are everywhere for every city/franchise. It just happens that the patriots have had a good run recently (past 10 years or so) that has made them more prevelant than other fanbases. That being said, ya, us Boston fans are very passionate. I wouldn't say we are arrogant as a whole (obviously some part of us are), just very outwardly passionate. It definitely rubs people the wrong way though, as it rubs me the wrong way from other fan bases (hello new york).
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So much fail. If we're going to genrealize, then go boo a national anthem. Most people who have visited Boston without having some feelings against the city before they go there love Boston, same goes for NYC. You probably just suck.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nyc is god awful. i liked boston. anything west of 495 could be lit on fire, however.
Everything west of 495 except for Worcester, I'm sure you meant. Right? RIGHT?!?!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate your face so much right now. You're no longer my BFF.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

At least you're trying. I'll give you that.
The correct answer was "everything" though.
lol @ people trying to pronounce it.
My wife tells me I'm mispronouncing it whenever she wants to start **** with me.
It works every time

Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
At least you're trying. I'll give you that.
The correct answer was "everything" though.
lol @ people trying to pronounce it.
My wife tells me I'm mispronouncing it whenever she wants to start **** with me.
It works every time
So is it Wor-chester or Wooster? :D Also, I'm from Rutland so almost right next door.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

mmmm... so good. Woosta!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fireman Ed

/thread
Im not sure if this was meant to be taken seriously, but Fireman Ed is one guy that doesnt deserve to be talked bad about. I know he gets a lot of slack for that famous shoving incident with a Giants fan, but I saw him react rationally to a drunk Giants fan attempting to sucker punch him at a pre season game 2 years ago. so ill chalk up his shove as a one time thing

Plus the guy is an ex-NY firefighter and recently beat cancer
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So much fail. If we're going to genrealize, then go boo a national anthem. Most people who have visited Boston without having some feelings against the city before they go there love Boston, same goes for NYC. You probably just suck.
I actually love Boston as a city. Boston > NYC and I get along with most Bostonians... I just have to avoid the subject of sports at all times.

Also, most of my comments are referring to the state of CT where I reside. It is constantly split between NY and Boston.

Both are pretty equal when it comes to arrogance or band wagon fandom however I give the edge to Boston fans in the area. Especially Pats fans, whom I constantly remind of that time Robert Kraft kind of royally screwed our state.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I actually love Boston as a city. Boston > NYC and I get along with most Bostonians... I just have to avoid the subject of sports at all times.

Also, most of my comments are referring to the state of CT where I reside. It is constantly split between NY and Boston.

Both are pretty equal when it comes to arrogance or band wagon fandom however I give the edge to Boston fans in the area. Especially Pats fans, whom I constantly remind of that time Robert Kraft kind of royally screwed our state.
He did, but in all fairness CT blows. Like really hard, I go to school here and the state is downright terrible. Moving to CT would have been a terrible choice for the franchise and would have moved them further away from the base of their season ticket holders, and would have made it virtually impossible for fans from Maine or New Hampshire to have season tickets. Hartford should get a professional sports team, but I'm not sure that football would be the best choice on that front.

It sucks that it cost you taxpayer money and political credibility from your governor, but even you can see that the Patriots made the right decision to stay in Foxborough.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
He did, but in all fairness CT blows. Like really hard, I go to school here and the state is downright terrible. Moving to CT would have been a terrible choice for the franchise and would have moved them further away from the base of their season ticket holders, and would have made it virtually impossible for fans from Maine or New Hampshire to have season tickets. Hartford should get a professional sports team, but I'm not sure that football would be the best choice on that front.

It sucks that it cost you taxpayer money and political credibility from your governor, but even you can see that the Patriots made the right decision to stay in Foxborough.
I agree with everything but the idea that Hartford should get a pro sports team.

The Whale should be the only team to ever die in this state.

Having said that, Kraft too should have realized it and not let us put all the damn money in before bailing.

What infuriates me is that most of the New England fans here don't even know/remember that; in fact, they don't know anything about the Patriots before 2001

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I was thinking something like MLS, I think it would do well with how preppy the state is. Basketball is a no because of UConn, and football is a definite no. Hockey might work, but having 2 teams like the Bruins and the Rangers right there would make it pretty hard to establish a fan base.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a huge exaggeration to call worcester close to springfield njx, but I do understand that hatred for it and ironically enough was just talking about this to a buddy of mine yesterday in the library. The palladium is awesome for music, other then that and having family that lives there yeah it's a piece of ****. But it isn't on the same level of springfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Next person that bad mouths Worcester is going to get nunchucked.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Next person that bad mouths Worcester is going to get nunchucked.
Your saying it wrong :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Im not sure if this was meant to be taken seriously, but Fireman Ed is one guy that doesnt deserve to be talked bad about. I know he gets a lot of slack for that famous shoving incident with a Giants fan, but I saw him react rationally to a drunk Giants fan attempting to sucker punch him at a pre season game 2 years ago. so ill chalk up his shove as a one time thing

Plus the guy is an ex-NY firefighter and recently beat cancer
That guy is a major major douche even besides the Giants fan thing. He's a shill for the Jets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That guy is a major major douche even besides the Giants fan thing. He's a shill for the Jets.
Yeah **** him.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets are the most annoying cuz there always bitter. Upcoming season is going to be a nightmare with them... lose there city and there division.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote