Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Peyton Manning will be this year?
Miraculously still in Indy 9 4.81%
Nowhere, won't be medically cleared 11 5.88%
Miami 33 17.65%
Washington 18 9.63%
Arizona 49 26.20%
NY Jets 15 8.02%
Cleveland 3 1.60%
San Francisco (even though Harbaugh loves Alex) 11 5.88%
Kansas City 20 10.70%
Somewhere else, where? 18 9.63%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How would a team that sign$ Manning (Seattle the example above) also have the cap $pace to sign a WR like Marques Colston?

I need to see some fuzzy math to demonstrate that one.

Arizona seems like the best spot IMO in a dome, and with the beast Fitzgerald and a good young RB.
How old was Warner when he went there, vs Manning now?
Creatively. Like how Philly did last year. And how teams that are like $10 million over right now are going to move money around in order to sign their draft picks at least.

Seattle, specifically, has cap room already and could save some more by cutting Trufant and maybe not signing back a guy like David Hawthorne. I would also expect whatever contract Manning gets to be highly incentive/health-based.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How would a team that sign$ Manning (Seattle the example above) also have the cap $pace to sign a WR like Marques Colston?

I need to see some fuzzy math to demonstrate that one.

Arizona seems like the best spot IMO in a dome, and with the beast Fitzgerald and a good young RB.
How old was Warner when he went there, vs Manning now?
Well 34.8 million under the cap is how (before they something with Trufant). But I think Seattle would more likely try to sign Wayne and not Colston. At 33 years old he comes cheaper and has that familiarity & chemistry with Peyton.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just funny:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...efs-cross-line

...and an example of how widespread and constant the media has become. Still bad judgment by Crennel...
Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad judgment? Do you have any idea how often this happens, especially at the combine? All he said was he'd be crazy not to consider it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't think it was that bad at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Bad judgment? Do you have any idea how often this happens, especially at the combine? All he said was he'd be crazy not to consider it.
What?

Quote:
"I’m not supposed to talk about anybody else’s players, and he’s still a player with Indianapolis," Crennel said, "but with a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it, if he were available. So I'll leave it at that."

Was that tampering? Read this passage from the NFL anti-tampering policy and decide for yourself:

Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy. (Example of a prohibited comment: 'He’s an excellent player, and we’d very much like to have him if he were available, but another club holds his rights.")
An example followed by the definition of tampering....
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rule is dumb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I'm sure it happens all the time at the combine. But not to the media. I agree it's not even that bad.

But it's the definition of tampering... he's going to face something for it...
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slap on the wrist.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O cry me a Philip Rivers who cares?

He said what everyone else is thinking big deal.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

LOL you guys are going to be out a 7th and extremely upset about it on April 28th.

I just find it funny that he says pretty much word-for-word what the NFL uses as it's example of a prohibited statement.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Will I really be upset about losing a 7th?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Will I really be upset about losing a 7th?
If you draft like us you would be. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Extremely upset.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't care if we lose a 7th. I doubt we will though.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And more importantly, the Chiefs are clearly players in this sweepstakes. I never considered them a serious suitor for Manning.

And there's appeal for him, also. Easy division, good home crowd, not-Arizona offensive line, good D, and Charles, Bowe, Baldwin...
Old 02-25-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, no one has been talking about KC as a destination for Peyton Manning or a potential trade up for RG3 but I'd challenge anyone to find a better place for these guys.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Welcome to miami Mr. Peyton and Mr. Wayne. :)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Arizona or Miami imo
This. I voted for Miami because that's the team he grew up rooting for and because Ross will cut the whole team to get any amount of money he asks for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

My thing with Miami is that I doubt he wants to play Brady/Belichick (and Revis/Rex) twice a year when he doesn't have to. Same with Jets. Why choose to be in a division with the Pats when you could play in any other division?

And the thing with Washington (looks like Skins have honed in on RG3 anyway) is why would he want to be in a division with his brother?

Cleveland just has nothing going for them. And it would be in a division with BAL and PIT. There's very little chance he'd even pick up the phone if they called.

That leaves ARZ, SEA, and KC for me.

Tennessee is a crazy darkhorse, though.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Cardinals. Kolb is due a $7m option bonus on March 17th and has a five year $49m contract remaining. Seriously, who would you rather pay? Cardinals could sign Manning and then trade or release Kolb before the option bonus is due. Manning with Fitz, Wells plus probably Wayne or Garcon or both. Jeez...all they need is to improve the OL and my 49ers will definitely need a playmaking WR in FA.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Who in the hell is going to trade for Kolb?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who in the hell is going to trade for Kolb?
Hmmm, whoever doesnt get Manning/Flynn/Luck/Griffin. LOL. Redskins maybe? Who knows, it only takes one team. Either way, even a 50% Manning is still far better than a 100% Kolb.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Kolb is untradeable because of his contract.