Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if Thomas Jones was still on the team next year. Anyone want Two-Yard Thomas?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd be surprised if Thomas Jones was still on the team next year. Anyone want Two-Yard Thomas?
Honestly, I'd take him on the Lions for a season if for no other reason than to mentor Leshoure and give us some type of a back-up. Smith and Best are not the poster children for durability and Mikel is no guarantee coming back from an achilles injury.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eugene Amano
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats always make some sort of surprising cuts in the offseason. This year I'm gonna say Tom Brady. Guy sucks in the postseason and Ryan Mallett is a future hall of famer

Really for the Pats though I would say Matt Light will be up there. Other guys are more obvious like Ron Brace and Chad Ocho Cinco

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather have 3 yd BJGE

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd rather have 3 yd BJGE
But he never fumbles!!! So you know he's good

Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
But he never fumbles!!! So you know he's good
Regardless of everything, that's still a pretty impressive stat line.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Regardless of everything, that's still a pretty impressive stat line.
Yeah I know. During the Superbowl I was convinced the commentators had cursed it by saying it so often when the Pats were up. Still his longest career run was like 34 yards or something. Nice solid RB but shouldn't be a feature back and has had probably the worst 1000 yard season of all time

Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
What can the Giants get from Umenyiora? He'll be 31 in november and will demmand a big contract
Late 2nd I would assume. Maybe a mid 2nd rounder.

Pass rushers like Osi always hold value. The guy averaged a sack a game this season.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I know. During the Superbowl I was convinced the commentators had cursed it by saying it so often when the Pats were up. Still his longest career run was like 34 yards or something. Nice solid RB but shouldn't be a feature back and has had probably the worst 1000 yard season of all time

A.Smith, with us, I think he broke 1000 yds as well. That was pretty unimpressive as well.
I can't remember specifics, nor do I care to look them up, but I bet he had less TDs and more fumbles.
So Lawfirm's is probably the 2nd least impressive lol

And I agree. He'd be a great backup, change of pace to a... dare I say Ridley/Vereen starting

Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
A.Smith, with us, I think he broke 1000 yds as well. That was pretty unimpressive as well.
I can't remember specifics, nor do I care to look them up, but I bet he had less TDs and more fumbles.
So Lawfirm's is probably the 2nd least impressive lol

And I agree. He'd be a great backup, change of pace to a... dare I say Ridley/Vereen starting
I want Vereen starting from week one next year. We'll call this year a redshirt due to his hamstring injury in preseason. So much more explosion and better vision than Ridley. I'd let Ridley be the back up and Danny Woodhead a change of pace but hope Vereen can have 200+ carries next year

Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think the biggest name cut is probably going to be Matt Light, who's cap saving figure will be over 5 million. However, I don't know if the Patriots will trust Solder at LT, yet. If they do, they have 3 tackles (Solder, Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon), which is the amount they usually carry. Cannon is the only one that can't play LT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

I don't think we will bring Light back and I think he may retire. Solder looks like an LT but with Vollmer being banged up and inconsistent we may look at another tackle early, especially because I think Cannon is a RG for the future with pro bowl ability. He was impressive with spot duty at RT this year, looked absurdly athletic for a man his size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Yeah Light has a high cap number for a serviceable tackle aging quickly. I expect him cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Matt Light is probably the only potential Patriots cap casualty that will surprise people; he played very well this season but is due a large salary in 2012 and New England has three talented young offensive tackles in Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, and Marcus Cannon.
Well it looks like Matt Light being cut won't surprise anybody right?
How about Wes Welker not offered a new contract? A tag and trade of a revitalized Mark Anderson? Something like that do you think is gonna happen?
(Patriots fans in general)
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
Well it looks like Matt Light being cut won't surprise anybody right?
How about Wes Welker not offered a new contract? A tag and trade of a revitalized Mark Anderson? Something like that do you think is gonna happen?
Welker will definitely be offered a new contract IMO it just depends on whether or not he wants to stay because he will likely be offered a bigger contract elsewhere despite NE being by far his best fit.

I think Anderson will get a new deal. He had a great end to the year and is still pretty young. Hopefully they can sign him to a relatively cheap 2-3 year deal.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2 Yards now? That's an improvement!

edit: Nevermind. Somehow I confused Julius Jones with Thomas Jones.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ovie Mughelli, although I'd imagine we'd try and restructure first. While he's the best FB in football, I think we want to run less and he's coming off a knee injury.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Ovie Mughelli, although I'd imagine we'd try and restructure first. While he's the best FB in football, I think we want to run less and he's coming off a knee injury.
I wouldn't mind taking a look at this guy. We love the iform, and we need to improve our run game next year.

And I think Hynoski is very overrated. He's good at catching, but he sucks at his primary function, which is run blocking.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't mind taking a look at this guy. We love the iform, and we need to improve our run game next year.

And I think Hynoski is very overrated. He's good at catching, but he sucks at his primary function, which is run blocking.
I ultimately think he'll be back on a restructured deal, but if he's fully recovered and hits the market, you'd be getting the best FB in football. Pay the man.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I ultimately think he'll be back on a restructured deal, but if he's fully recovered and hits the market, you'd be getting the best FB in football. Pay the man.
How old is he?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As always, keep your eye on the Raiders. It would be "surprising" (though I don't think many would be truly shocked) if they cut Carson Palmer. He was the overpriced pet of the previous regime. Maybe they try to re-up with Campbell as a stop gap while they evaluate Pryor (hint: he sucks) and then try to find a QB in the future.

I'm having trouble thinking of many others. Probably because truly "surprising" ones aren't ones we'd think of very easily.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe Michael Turner for the falcons to save some money to sign some of the big name def FA's.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

What's the chances the Steelers cut James Harrison? They need to either get very creative with their cap situation or start cutting players. Harrison is getting on in years and is good for multiple personal fouls every year. That would be a bit of a surprise

Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But how can he be the best FB in football with Vonta Leach still in the NFL?

Leach doesn't get nearly enough playing time with the Ravens. **** Cam Cameron. I will continue this campaign until the day I die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Titans a few players come to mind, although none are really "surprises".

TE Daniel Graham
C Eugene Amano
DT Shaun Smith
LB Will Witherspoon
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the chances the Steelers cut James Harrison? They need to either get very creative with their cap situation or start cutting players. Harrison is getting on in years and is good for multiple personal fouls every year. That would be a bit of a surprise
I think the chances are low that they cut Harrison. If they continue to make restructures, he'd be an option there. But I think he's still a more productive player for the money he makes than a lot of other guys.

For example, these are guys who would be in more danger of being cut than him:

James Farrior
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Chris Kemoatu
Willie Colon
Hines Ward

Even Ryan Clark maybe.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
But how can he be the best FB in football with Vonta Leach still in the NFL?

Leach doesn't get nearly enough playing time with the Ravens. **** Cam Cameron. I will continue this campaign until the day I die.
Because he's better than Leach.