Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is obviously not a cut, but it looks like Tennessee and Finnegan are pretty far apart on a deal, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they let him walk. Especially with two very capable and much cheaper corners behind him. He's a damn good player and HUGE fan favorite, despite having a down year in 2010 (he was excellent this year). He also cut out all the excess bullcrap after the whistle that he was known for. The staff has alot of faith in McCourty, who was lights out this year, and Verner, so it's possible.

Still very early, but initial reports aren't positive.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
This is obviously not a cut, but it looks like Tennessee and Finnegan are pretty far apart on a deal, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that they let him walk. Especially with two very capable and much cheaper corners behind him. He's a damn good player and HUGE fan favorite, despite having a down year in 2010 (he was excellent this year). He also cut out all the excess bullcrap after the whistle that he was known for. The staff has alot of faith in McCourty, who was lights out this year, and Verner, so it's possible.

I really expect him to be franchised if he isn't resigned
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post

He'll be in St. Louis.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling Cullen Jenkins might get cut, though I really hope not.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roman Harper. Please.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I have a feeling Cullen Jenkins might get cut, though I really hope not.

I remember reading somewhere that other then Nnamdi, every other FA the eagles signed last year had no guaranteed money after year 1.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think the chances are low that they cut Harrison. If they continue to make restructures, he'd be an option there. But I think he's still a more productive player for the money he makes than a lot of other guys.

For example, these are guys who would be in more danger of being cut than him:

James Farrior
Larry Foote
Casey Hampton
Chris Kemoatu
Willie Colon
Hines Ward

Even Ryan Clark maybe.
I agree with all of these except for Colon and Clark. I don't think they leave yet.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
can't be soon enough, he's in strong competition with tommy maddox and dan williams as the worst draft picks by denver in franchise history.

But at least he had the decency to be a 3rd rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
For the Lions, I'm going with Corey Williams, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Stephen Peterman as cuts. I could see them parting ways with Jahvid Best too.
I'd like to keep Williams, but they probably want to work Fairly in more, so I could see him gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm not sure I see any for the Packers.
Donald Driver? Chad Clifton?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post

But at least he had the decency to be a 3rd rounder.
Shouldn't even have been a 3rd Rounder.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs the only name that really comes to mind as a surprise cut would be Ryan Lilja. This is a really stacked FA class for interior linemen, so they could decide to part ways and upgrade if they think he's on the decline.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Heap & Stewart Bradley for AZ, neither being a real surprise but if we want a little extra cap space that could provide it
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

I expect Aqib Talib to be released any day now.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
I expect Aqib Talib to be released any day now.
That'd be an understandable cut at least...he probably would have been cut much sooner by any other team but I think Morris protected him.

Still, I fully expect him to get big interest on the market. He is extremely talented if he can keep his head on right. Hell, if Pacman is still in the league, Talib will definitely find a home.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
That'd be an understandable cut at least...he probably would have been cut much sooner by any other team but I think Morris protected him.

Still, I fully expect him to get big interest on the market. He is extremely talented if he can keep his head on right. Hell, if Pacman is still in the league, Talib will definitely find a home.
His trial starts March 26th and he's facing 2-20 years so I assume teams will wait until thats over.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As always, keep your eye on the Raiders. It would be "surprising" (though I don't think many would be truly shocked) if they cut Carson Palmer. He was the overpriced pet of the previous regime. Maybe they try to re-up with Campbell as a stop gap while they evaluate Pryor (hint: he sucks) and then try to find a QB in the future.

I'm having trouble thinking of many others. Probably because truly "surprising" ones aren't ones we'd think of very easily.
Do you see any relevant cut being made by the Bears?
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
Do you see any relevant cut being made by the Bears?
None that would truly "surprise" me. We do have a new GM but Lovie and most of the coaching staff are still in place, so unless they've been wanting to get rid of someone Angelo was protecting, I don't think any surprising cuts will be made.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None that would truly "surprise" me. We do have a new GM but Lovie and most of the coaching staff are still in place, so unless they've been wanting to get rid of someone Angelo was protecting, I don't think any surprising cuts will be made.
They should just cut Lovie Smith. That'd do wonders for your franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
They should just cut Lovie Smith. That'd do wonders for your franchise.
I'm afraid of who we might hire otherwise. There were some serious garbage coaches getting interviews. (Chilly? Sherman?)

Lovie has kind of become the "devil that I know."
Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm afraid of who we might hire otherwise. There were some serious garbage coaches getting interviews. (Chilly? Sherman?)

Lovie has kind of become the "devil that I know."
I hear Cam Cameron wants to get back into the HC business. He could stand to ruin a different elite back's career for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Only problem with cutting him is that it leaves us with zero corner backs of starting quality :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Only problem with cutting him is that it leaves us with zero corner backs of starting quality :(
Well that fits with your roster's overall theme of having zero anything of starting quality.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

Donald Driver? Chad Clifton?
I suppose the question is whether either getting cut would be all that surprising. I almost expect it in both cases, unless they restructure their deals.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
exactly. otherwise, yeah, he'd win. someday, teebz will be in close competition.
I dunno. Even if Tebow never improves, he still won us a playoff game. I know we didn't win entirely because of him, but we DID probably win because Knowshon wasn't playing. So for that reason, I don't think Tebow can ever be worse than Knowshon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

If he keeps you from signing a real QB for long enough, he's eventually going to start costing you negative victories, going backwards.