Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I know you're running the team how you want to but I really doubt the Saints will cut Will Smith or Harper. Smith has been a long-time Saint and is an above average DE making reasonable money and Harper just signed his deal last off-season. In all likelihood, the Saints will release Vilma and retain Smith.

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned, but IRL the Titans re-signed WR Lavelle Hawkins
http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...a-3bbbc932f2b9
He didn't really have the money to franchise Brees without making some moves. He mentioned that they were guys he would have preferred to restructure but we're not doing that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
How much more teams are still to complete their Franchise Tags, Tenders and Cuts?
I'm giving people until midnight eastern.

It is in the title of this thread in fact.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm giving people until midnight eastern.

It is in the title of this thread in fact.
I know about when, but who? Is anyone still to make their cuts?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers submitted some low end cuts, but no word on if they want to franchise anyone. I'll assume no if I don't hear anything by the deadline.

The Ravens also need to submit their moves. I expect that they may franchise Rice. Otherwise, I'm letting him hit the market and may god have mercy on their souls because the Giants WILL get him, haha.

And I'm giving the Rams and Panthers the full time to check in. I don't think they'll franchise anyone, but they'll get their fair chance.

And I have the Lions moves via email that I need to get to. I'm scrambling to catch up right now.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I question the Titans decision to release Hasselbeck. You dont play the risk game with quarterbacks, if you dont think Jake Locker is ready you cant put him in a position where he might have to start.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I question the Titans decision to release Hasselbeck. You dont play the risk game with quarterbacks, if you dont think Jake Locker is ready you cant put him in a position where he might have to start.
obviously if they cut him they do feel Locker is ready and want to use the money they saved to get him some weapons/protection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
obviously if they cut him they do feel Locker is ready and want to use the money they saved to get him some weapons/protection
why try and resign him then? as a backup yes but would he really want to be a backup when he can be a starter somewhere else?

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why try and resign him then? as a backup yes but would he really want to be a backup when he can be a starter somewhere else?
that's probably the biggest risk. I'm ok with the move. They probably wanna bring him back because he's a good mentor for Locker and knows the system from playing in it a year, but at the same time, you don't really wanna give starter money to a backup and mentor, especially when teams are so strapped for cash. Some teams are really screwed, while others have like a billion doll hairs to spend. it's interesting.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
that's probably the biggest risk. I'm ok with the move. They probably wanna bring him back because he's a good mentor for Locker and knows the system from playing in it a year, but at the same time, you don't really wanna give starter money to a backup and mentor, especially when teams are so strapped for cash. Some teams are really screwed, while others have like a billion doll hairs to spend. it's interesting.
lol yeah it must be great being the begals GM, they had so much space they could afford to franchise Jerome Simpson.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
lol yeah it must be great being the begals GM, they had so much space they could afford to franchise Jerome Simpson.
Franchise a guy, AND still be in the top 3 in cap space.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Im off to bed now, i'll have my free agent contract offers in by tomorrow.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if you are interested in trading for Brian Hoyer; the man deserves a starting job and I wasn't about to let him go for nothing.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacoby Jones is still available, you know you want him!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB, not sure if you noticed but you cut yourself off on that last (Ravens/Rice Franchise) media thread post

To offset these moves, the Ravens.....................?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
BB, not sure if you noticed but you cut yourself off on that last (Ravens/Rice Franchise) media thread post

To offset these moves, the Ravens.....................?
Looks OK to me.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

now, just a random question but...is there anyway for a team to bypass another teams franchise tag and sign said player anyway? just curious
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
now, just a random question but...is there anyway for a team to bypass another teams franchise tag and sign said player anyway? just curious
Yeah, you totally can. However, they have the right to match it and if they don't, it costs you two first round picks.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, you totally can. However, they have the right to match it and if they don't, it costs you two first round picks.
2 first round picks? A 1st rounder for each of those succulent thighs? Yeah, that'd be totally worth it
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't want his first rounder next year. We will accept one of the following though: Hakeem Nicks or JPP. That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

is it bad that I'd consider JPP for Raymell?

but, we'll give you Ramses Barden and Will Beatty.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't want to give starter money to Hasselbeck when the team was worse with him on the field. The Titans need help at several places on the field and the release of Hasselbeck offsets the franchising of Jason Jones. I can now use the Titans cap space, of which there is plenty, to sign some players that should have an immediate impact on the team while also being in the market for a savvy veteran QB who is ready to be a mentor.

Hasselbeck still wants to be a starter although he was incapable of doing that in Tennessee. The Titans would love for him to return but at a significantly reduced rate.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

**** that, I say we go out and resign Lorezen, then trade him for Raymell. One pair of juicy thighs for another

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont think Hakeem Nicks and your first rounder is a bad deal. Take it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I dont think Hakeem Nicks and your first rounder is a bad deal. Take it!
YOU'LL GET LORENZEN AND LIKE IT!

Look at him, he's so happy to be bombing it deep to Torrey Smith on every down.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
**** that, I say we go out and resign Lorezen, then trade him for Raymell. One pair of juicy thighs for another
All things are better with the Hefty Lefty around. It turns out if you Google that, Lorenzen pops right up.

He apparently plays for the "Northern Kentucky River Monsters" and is fat as ****:

Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Lorenzen is fat but so is the guy next to him throwing the football.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote