Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked a lot of my low risk-high reward moves (Steve Smith, Tamme, and Trufant) but if the Falcons FA goes like this IRL, I would not be overly pleased. Fortunately, I expect the real life Falcons to be closer to 40 mil of free cap and can make a bigger splash.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
You offered a 2nd round pick for Aaron Maybin....
And then PM'ed BB saying i didnt want him for a second round pick.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You offered a 2nd round pick for Aaron Maybin....
Hahaha did he really? I rather let Casey Anthony and Jerry Sandusky adopt a kid together than have my team give up a 2nd rounder for Maybin

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft pick #28 is on the block if anyone wants to trade up into the first round.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo might be willing to deal 10 durrining draft, looking for just picks.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that pick of Andrew Luck that killxswitch made a little while ago legitimate, or does it need to made in an official picks thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll need to officially make it when I get the thread up.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Was that pick of Andrew Luck that killxswitch made a little while ago legitimate, or does it need to made in an official picks thread?
Well he's picking first so it doesnt really matter. We all knew he was picking Luck anyway. The clock wont start until 8am tomorrow so you dont have to worry about missing your pick or anything.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing to consider...Teams who are banking on the daft starting later on won't be able to trade up in the top 10 if they were planning on doing so. And conversely, teams who are here who have a high pick won't have as many possible trading partners. Just a thought.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the site that reasonably accurately predicts comp picks?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/...ck-predictions

This is one of the ones i've seen posted in a thread here.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Couple of suprises to be honest with the FA's, most notably Reggie Wayne. I thought Meachem was promised the #2 WR in Zona? Does that mean he is now frustrated after being pushed back down to #3, while teams offered him to be a actual starter?
Meachem will start opposite of Fitz in 2 WR sets and move inside for 3 and 4 WR sets
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm extremely pleased with the way my offseason has gone so far. Pretty much traded DeSean Jackson for Vincent Jackson plus got an extra 1st in the process. Lost out on Evan Mathis but got a few quality O-Lineman, plus my LB core looks much better already with AJ Hawk and Larry Grant.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Now wait, I'm calling BS on that list because the Bears get nothing for Daniel Manning? I have to figure they get at least a 4th. We didn't really sign jack ****.

And fixing that list is tedious...why in the ******* hell can't some site have an easily copy/pastable full 7 round order with the picks numbered individually (not 1-32 every round) and without the records?

Someone find me one of those because work is keeping me busy. I put off too much to get the signings done this morning.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm extremely pleased with the way my offseason has gone so far. Pretty much traded DeSean Jackson for Vincent Jackson plus got an extra 1st in the process. Lost out on Evan Mathis but got a few quality O-Lineman, plus my LB core looks much better already with AJ Hawk and Larry Grant.
I thought the Ravens got him. Anyway, he is definitely not an upgrade, he got outplayed by DJ Smith and Robert Francois, one is a 6th round rookie and one was a practise squad player who was on the team for special teams only.

In 14 games last year Hawk had 0 INTs, 0 FFs and 1 sack. In two games last year DJ Smith had a FF and Francois had 2 INTs.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Now wait, I'm calling BS on that list because the Bears get nothing for Daniel Manning? I have to figure they get at least a 4th. We didn't really sign jack ****.

And fixing that list is tedious...why in the ******* hell can't some site have an easily copy/pastable full 7 round order with the picks numbered individually (not 1-32 every round) and without the records?

Someone find me one of those because work is keeping me busy. I put off too much to get the signings done this morning.
Maybe because you didnt make a net loss in free agency? I dont know how it works.

I'll have a look through some sites and see what i find.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Meachem will start opposite of Fitz in 2 WR sets and move inside for 3 and 4 WR sets
That's cool, I offered same money and #1 WR in a prolific offense. Plus he is from NOLA. Idk, I'm just sour bc in my mind I've lost out on my main FAs And don't understand why they didn't come.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

This is the best site i've found for all the picks but it doesnt have compensatory picks. It has the conditions of every trade etc.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm

I cant find another decent one for compensatory picks.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-21-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I guess I'll just make one from scratch when I get home or something.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bears signed Sam Hurd, Matt Spaeth, Chris Spencer, and Sam Hurd. They lost Brad Maynard, Olin Kreutz, Josh Bullocks, Devin Aromashodu, Rashied Davis, and Manning.

Chris Spencer vs. Olin Kreutz: Spencer got a deal worth about a million more per year. He played more than Kreutz and Kreutz actually retired so the Bears are a definite net gain considering this.

Adam Podlesh vs. Brad Maynard: I couldn't find the numbers of their contracts, but I'm sure Podlesh got more. Maynard was cut at the beginning of the season while Podlesh played all season. Another net gain.

Sam Hurd vs. Rashied Davis: They both were equally ineffective. Neither was paid much but I think Hurd got paid more (especially if you include the cocaine money)

Josh Bullocks was cut after training camp and Aromashodu was mediocre. Manning was the only player that the Bears lost who made any impact whatsoever but it is weighed out by the net gain the Bears got from the Spencer and Podlesh signings. They will be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for Manning.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Mehhhhhhh....I'd feel more comfortable if that article at least mentioned the Bears as a team even one time, explaining what you explained.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just saw the Bears resigned Marion Barber and got pissed for a second before I realized this wasn't real life. If Marion Barber is on the Bears next year, even at veteran minimum, I might flip my ****.
I don't get the Barber hate. I mean, I get being pissed off at him for costing us the Broncos game, but why does that mean we let him go? Physically, I thought he looked fantastic in a change of pace/short yardage role. Factor in the fact that Forte is pathetic in short yardage, and it was a pretty easy decision at the vet minimum.

Also, pretty psyched that I got Ayanbadejo and Spencer back at the vet minimum.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I don't get the Barber hate. I mean, I get being pissed off at him for costing us the Broncos game, but why does that mean we let him go? Physically, I thought he looked fantastic in a change of pace/short yardage role. Factor in the fact that Forte is pathetic in short yardage, and it was a pretty easy decision at the vet minimum.

Also, pretty psyched that I got Ayanbadejo and Spencer back at the vet minimum.
My hate for Barber is three-fold:

1). He blew the Broncos game not once but twice. And they weren't minor mistakes that could happen to anybody. The mistakes were complete boneheaded plays that no player beyond high school junior varsity should make.

2). He offers nothing else besides short yardage. He has no speed. He isn't a receiver out of the backfield. He isn't that good of a pass blocker either. So basically he is a short yardage back who, if Matt Forte does down to injury, is absolutely worthless.

3). They could get similar (or better) results from a younger player who offers more versatility and upside. Vick Ballard, Boom Herron, and Robert Turbin could all be had for a mid round pick. Guys like Marc Tyler are available in the late rounds. And then there are boom-or-bust guys like Bryce Brown and Darrell Scott that could also be found in the late rounds. I'm sure one of these guys could be just as good at picking up 3rd-1 situations but not be completely worthless otherwise.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Buffalo is going to get something for Poz and Whitner.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking what I've done with the Titans so far:

Free agents signed
LB Curtis Lofton
DE Will Smith
DT Anthony Hargrove
CB Stanford Routt
S Gibril Wilson
S Charlie Peprah
C Todd McClure
OG Steve Hutchinson
WR Josh Morgan

Re-Signed