Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
1. Randle, because he's going to be a better pro IMO. Faster with more upside, but will also get physical.

2. Because he's too slow. A one speed possession receiver who can fight his hands at times.

I think Sanu has become one of the most overrated prospects in this draft.
I'm pretty sure Anquan Boldin is what you just described in #2, and he put up some alright numbers in his first few years as a #1 before Fitzy rolled around...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys see T.Y. Hilton going in this draft? I have read a variety of projections, anywhere from early-2nd to the 5-7 range.

He is a very intriguing prospect to me. He has special speed, maybe even elite. He absolutely embarrassed Louisville this year and got the kind of separation that is really hard to find. His return ability is an added bonus. He has very good hands and is comfortable going over the middle.

His size and durability will be the biggest concerns about him going pro, as well as his level of competition. That hamstring injury that knocked him out of the Senior Bowl was probably a big blow to his draft stock.

Has anyone heard whether or not he will be ready to run at the Combine?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:28 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the general lack of excitement towards Randle is due to the fact (as I see it) that his athleticism is really underrated for whatever reason. Maybe I'm wrong but I expect a strong combine showing. He can create and make guys miss with the ball in his hands far better than a guy like Floyd.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think the general lack of excitement towards Randle is due to the fact (as I see it) that his athleticism is really underrated for whatever reason. Maybe I'm wrong but I expect a strong combine showing. He can create and make guys miss with the ball in his hands far better than a guy like Floyd.
Post combine where do you expect him to be ranked as a WR?

And where do you think he is ranked overall?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dude played in one of..if not the worst passing offense in college football. I love Randle but I still find it hard to analyze him with such a poor passing attack. Not sure about his football IQ but if he can adapt to the game quickly and learn the whole route tree, and understand the playbook..he cold be a steal in the the 2nd round.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't like Floyd so I went back and looked at Randle. I agree that I like him more than Floyd and maybe I underrated him earlier in this thread.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I really don't like Floyd so I went back and looked at Randle. I agree that I like him more than Floyd and maybe I underrated him earlier in this thread.
So did I after reading Tackle's comment and Randle is now my third rated receiver behind Blackmon and Wright.

1. Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State - 6'1" 207 lbs - RS JR
2. Kendall Wright, Baylor - 5'10" 190 lbs - SR
3. Reuben Randle, LSU - 6'4" 208 lbs - JR
4. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame - 6'3" 227 lbs - SR
5. Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers - 6'2" 218 lbs - JR
6. Joe Adams, Arkansas - 5'11" 190 lbs - SR
7. Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech - 6'5" 206 lbs - JR
8. Dwight Jones, North Carolina - 6'4" 220 lbs - SR
9. Tommy Streeter, Miami (Fl.) - 6'5" 215 lbs - JR
10. Brian Quick, Appalachian State - 6'5" 220 lbs - SR
11. Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina - 6'4" 233 lbs - JR
12. Chris Givens, Wake Forest - 6'0" 195 lbs - JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So did I after reading Tackle's comment and Randle is now my third rated receiver behind Blackmon and Wright.

1. Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State - 6'1" 207 lbs - RS JR
2. Kendall Wright, Baylor - 5'10" 190 lbs - SR
3. Reuben Randle, LSU - 6'4" 208 lbs - JR
4. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame - 6'3" 227 lbs - SR
5. Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers - 6'2" 218 lbs - JR
6. Joe Adams, Arkansas - 5'11" 190 lbs - SR
7. Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech - 6'5" 206 lbs - JR
8. Dwight Jones, North Carolina - 6'4" 220 lbs - SR
9. Tommy Streeter, Miami (Fl.) - 6'5" 215 lbs - JR
10. Brian Quick, Appalachian State - 6'5" 220 lbs - SR
11. Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina - 6'4" 233 lbs - JR
12. Chris Givens, Wake Forest - 6'0" 195 lbs - JR
I really have to disagree here.

The only thing Randle has on Floyd is "maybe" an inch or so in height and he is a better athlete.

As far as being a WR though, Floyd has almost everything you look for.

He high points the ball, isn't a body catcher, knows how to set DBs up, runs the full route tree, explodes out of his breaks, is physical with the ball in his hands, can make spectacular catches and is a very good blocker.

Randle is extremely raw and may have the physical tools to be a better pro but I don't see any realistic arguement (with the exceptions of off the field stuff) that make Randle a better prospect.

If Floyd was clean off the field he would be a top ten pick. If he was a little faster is he would be a top 5 pick.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU WR Rueben Randle measured 6-foot-2 7/8 and 210 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.

Randle also has a 77-inch wingspan. While Randle is more than an inch shorter than his 6-foot-4 college listing, he's two pounds heavier and a rocked-up specimen. He's going to be a top-30 pick if he runs in the low-4.5s on Sunday.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Randle and think he will be a great player but no way I rank him higher than Floyd. Michael Floyd is a very special player
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What do you guys think of Randle's combine?

He was 1/10th of a second slower than I thought he would be, but he caught the ball well.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still take Randle over Floyd, so I think he did pretty well. His forty time is good for a man his size and his hands are good. Sure fire first rounder at this point imo. I can't wait to see how many receivers will go in the first. It's the strength of this class and could potentially push down players at other positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'd still take Randle over Floyd, so I think he did pretty well. His forty time is good for a man his size and his hands are good. Sure fire first rounder at this point imo. I can't wait to see how many receivers will go in the first. It's the strength of this class and could potentially push down players at other positions.
Why? I really don't get all this Randle love. Yeah he's a solid prospect but what do you see in him that makes him a better prospect than Floyd?

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I love Floyd. He is so fluid, uses his body well and catches the ball with his hands. If he had a bit more explosion coming out of his breaks he would be an elite prospect (minus the off the field issues)

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I thought very similarly, but when Mayock is so committed to him being a 1st round pick and the 4th best WR in the draft it makes you really think.

At the same time Mayock is really down on Jeffery and Sanu.
Mayock was disappointed in his 40 time and may not keep him in his top 5.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Randle's stock now?

He never looked THAT fast on tape, is a bit of a body catcher, and doesn't play up to his size.

Mid-2nd rounder?
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
Where is Randle's stock now?

He never looked THAT fast on tape, is a bit of a body catcher, and doesn't play up to his size.

Mid-2nd rounder?
He'll be a mid 2nd rounder after he posted that slow 40 time. He lost a lot of ground to many pro scouts and GM's.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He'll be a mid 2nd rounder after he posted that slow 40 time. He lost a lot of ground to many pro scouts and GM's.
I think he's still over rated in the mid 2nd. Just saw a mock on another site with him to my Jags in round 2, which would impress me about as much as Blaine Gabbert last!!!

I think this is quite a deep WR class - not enough real stars - but certainly on day three I could find someone who will be as good as Randle - guys like Marvin Jones, Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Greg Childs and Tommy Streeter - some will slip to day three and I'd take any of these there than Randle in the mid 2nd.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I think he's still over rated in the mid 2nd. Just saw a mock on another site with him to my Jags in round 2, which would impress me about as much as Blaine Gabbert last!!!

I think this is quite a deep WR class - not enough real stars - but certainly on day three I could find someone who will be as good as Randle - guys like Marvin Jones, Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Greg Childs and Tommy Streeter - some will slip to day three and I'd take any of these there than Randle in the mid 2nd.
Randle is a very smooth route runner who may not be a true #1 but could be really effective NFL #2. He doesn't appear to have the speed to burn you deep but that is his only negative.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting to the point where I think I'm underrating Floyd. There's a month+ until the draft so any rankings I make until then can't be cereal.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

LSU WR Rueben Randle clocked forty times of 4.33 and 4.37 at the Tigers' Thursday Pro Day.

Randle ran 4.50 and 4.56 at the Combine. While LSU has a fast track (Mo Claiborne improved from 4.50 to 4.39), Randle clearly is not speed deficient. Randle also drew praise for his work in position drills. "He did an outstanding job of reaching out and plucking the ball with his hands," said one source at the workout. Sporting News' Russ Lande expects Randle to be a top-20 pick.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...tter-to-scouts

CBS Sports had Randle at 25.

25. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU: Despite earning All-SEC accolades in 2011, Randle didn't post eye-popping numbers as a junior (53 catches for 973 yards and eight touchdowns). He has been a standout in the conference since signing as an extremely highly touted prep prospect, and has made significant gains each year. Those who questioned his downfield speed after showing just ho-hum speed (4.55 at the combine) were silenced when Randle was clocked in the low 4.4s on two attempts at the 40-yard dash at his March 22 pro day.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

It's hard to rank these guys when they're all so different. A guy like Sanu—who I think is going to be a star in the right scheme—wouldn't appeal to every team. He's strictly a big, short field, RAC type receiver. Rueben Randle and Stephen Hill are the exact opposite, X-receivers who would appeal to teams looking for stretch the field options. Wright and Adams are the slots, though Wright can definitely take it deep. Blackmon and Floyd are big, ball skilled Z receivers like Sanu, but unlike Sanu have the speed to double as deep threats.

It's the double threats that will come off the board first: Blackmon, Floyd and Wright. Hill and Randle should be 2nd rounders, but need could push them into the 1st. Hill scares me a little. He showed some sticky fingers at the combine, but why does the name Troy Williamson keep haunting me?

Anyway...that's how I think of 'em.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearTooth View Post
It's hard to rank these guys when they're all so different. A guy like Sanu—who I think is going to be a star in the right scheme—wouldn't appeal to every team. He's strictly a big, short field, RAC type receiver. Rueben Randle and Stephen Hill are the exact opposite, X-receivers who would appeal to teams looking for stretch the field options. Wright and Adams are the slots, though Wright can definitely take it deep. Blackmon and Floyd are big, ball skilled Z receivers like Sanu, but unlike Sanu have the speed to double as deep threats.

It's the double threats that will come off the board first: Blackmon, Floyd and Wright. Hill and Randle should be 2nd rounders, but need could push them into the 1st. Hill scares me a little. He showed some sticky fingers at the combine, but why does the name Troy Williamson keep haunting me?

Anyway...that's how I think of 'em.
Evaluating WR's always gives me a difficult time for the reason you alluded to. I would say of any position, a WR's success is the most situation dependent. The same guy can be a high impact player on the right team, in the right system with a great QB and can struggle to produce at all in a different situation. The same could be said about any position to certain extent as well. I mean if a guy can flat out play he will make his plays regardless but still, receivers' production is affected the most by external factors.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
LSU WR Rueben Randle clocked forty times of 4.33 and 4.37 at the Tigers' Thursday Pro Day.

Randle ran 4.50 and 4.56 at the Combine. While LSU has a fast track (Mo Claiborne improved from 4.50 to 4.39), Randle clearly is not speed deficient. Randle also drew praise for his work in position drills. "He did an outstanding job of reaching out and plucking the ball with his hands," said one source at the workout. Sporting News' Russ Lande expects Randle to be a top-20 pick.
Rueben Randle didn't run anywhere near a 4.3, I measure him at 4.5 in this video, give or take .04 seconds

http://youtu.be/ShUxulJ7FOs
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote