Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these teams are going to have to spend money just to spend it, as the salary cap flooring is rising quickly due to the new CBA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Some of these teams are going to have to spend money just to spend it, as the salary cap flooring is rising quickly due to the new CBA.
Thats why a team like the Chiefs will re-sign Bowe and Carr because they have the cap room to do so.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thats why a team like the Chiefs will re-sign Bowe and Carr because they have the cap room to do so.
Maybe, but a ton of teams have cap room. The Bears are sitting at roughly 25 million and they aren't even mentioned among the teams with a lot of room.

I don't think they will, but the Bears could easily offer Bowe a contract at 10+ million a year. The extra 20 million that the Chiefs have over the Bears is largely irrelevant at that point.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did the carry over cap space start this offseason?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe, but a ton of teams have cap room. The Bears are sitting at roughly 25 million and they aren't even mentioned among the teams with a lot of room.

I don't think they will, but the Bears could easily offer Bowe a contract at 10+ million a year. The extra 20 million that the Chiefs have over the Bears is largely irrelevant at that point.
True but there's on advantage that the Chiefs (and other teams with UFA's) have over the other 31 teams. They can re-sign Bowe and/or Carr before free agency even starts.

As a 49ers fan, I dont see Smith going anywhere and Goldson will be franchised if they cant reach a deal with him by March 5th. That leaves OLB Ahmad Brooks who im hoping SF re-signs because while I agree with Aldon Smith being a starter in 2012, having brooks opposite him is better than having Haralson opposite Smith.

As for Rogers, unless its a good deal for SF, I let him leave as an UFA. Sign DB Jason Allen from HOU to be the nickelback and start Brown/Culliver at CB. Culliver is going to be a stud if he stays healthy and Brown was the starter opposite Rogers this year. I like Rogers but he's not worth the money and long term investment. Re-signing him would be worse than signing Clements back in 2007.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
If the Texans dont franchise Foster (which would be a huge mistake in my opinion), giving up a late first round draft pick for him would be a steal for the Bengals. They have the franchise QB and WR. Add Foster, another WR via FA and then rebuild the secondary and OL in the draft and bam, the Bengals will have a young core for a long time to come.
This will be an interesting scenario I think. To my knowledge the Texans are around 20m in cap space, which to my knowledge is not including the rookie pay.

It would cost the Texans what 8 or so mill to franchise foster, but they'd be letting mario run free. Otherwise they could franchise mario (at a whopping 22m) and tender foster. If they tendered him and I were a team like the Bengals, I'd frontload the contract to for next year possibly the first two, giving him a huge part of the money right then. Then when the cap actually comes to place he wouldn't it as much and the Texans may not be able to match
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
This will be an interesting scenario I think. To my knowledge the Texans are around 20m in cap space, which to my knowledge is not including the rookie pay.

It would cost the Texans what 8 or so mill to franchise foster, but they'd be letting mario run free. Otherwise they could franchise mario (at a whopping 22m) and tender foster. If they tendered him and I were a team like the Bengals, I'd frontload the contract to for next year possibly the first two, giving him a huge part of the money right then. Then when the cap actually comes to place he wouldn't it as much and the Texans may not be able to match
come again?

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
come again?
if he gets franchised he gets 22.9 million this year
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
if he gets franchised he gets 22.9 million this year
is 22 million the franchise number for DE's?

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Well technically, if he were franchised he could be franchised at a much cheaper rate because he played LB last season. Problem is, he got 18m last season. And when your salary exceeds the top 5 at your position, you get 120% of your previous years salary. Therefore, 120% of 18m is around 22m
Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well technically, if he were franchised he could be franchised at a much cheaper rate because he played LB last season. Problem is, he got 18m last season. And when your salary exceeds the top 5 at your position, you get 120% of your previous years salary. Therefore, 120% of 18m is around 22m
never even knew that. they wont be franchising him then!

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
never even knew that. they wont be franchising him then!
Yeah, it's just cuz Mario got paid so much already that it just kept escalating
Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think anyone will outbid the Chiefs for Bowe at this point, I just don't.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think anyone will outbid the Chiefs for Bowe at this point, I just don't.
I'm more worried about losing Carr then I am Bowe
Old 02-17-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the start of free agency to see where all of those players go and how much are they going to be paid.

Mario Williams will get PAID big time by whoever ends up with him. I mean 18 mill dollars to play a football season, in just his rookie contract, man that's a lot of money.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'm more worried about losing Carr then I am Bowe
Me too, but to lose either when we have so much money lying around would be unacceptable.

Still, in the last year Pioli has signed Tamba, DJ, Charles, Succop and Flowers to long term deals. I don't see why Carr and Bowe would be any different.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want the 49ers to sing a big target Wide out and maybe an o line to help draft wise.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Well that's rather silly, then. Pioli should have a number in mind that he won't go over. Just because you have lots of money doesn't mean you need to blow it all on one or two players unless they are truly elite.

I don't want the Bears to get in a bidding war for Bowe, I was just using it as an example.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I hate all of your teams right now. Lions are dropping $21 million on just Calvin.
You're really complaining about having arguably the best WR in football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
this x100000

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I just want the 49ers to sing a big target Wide out and maybe an o line to help draft wise.
Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, and Davis... what exactly do you need OL wise?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It's a silly complaint, but the Lions will have a hard time reaching the next level with so much money tied up in three players (Stafford, Megatron, Suh)

Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After cutting Haynesworth, The Bucs have around 69 million in cap space. Hoepfully they land a big name and some mid-level target guys. DE/DT, LB, and CB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's a silly complaint, but the Lions will have a hard time reaching the next level with so much money tied up in three players (Stafford, Megatron, Suh)
there just so used to losing the only thing they know is complaining :D :D :D :D :D :D

RIP themaninblack